Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My cat drinks rose wine

(7 Posts)
Bigchic Sun 19-Aug-07 22:53:57

Hello mumsnet, Does anyone think its strange that my cat drinks my wine if I put my glass down? He gets really excited when (Garfield is his name) I open a bottle until he gets to taste it. Garfy paws my glass and meows at me. Now he likes a dish of his own Rose and which ever take-away I'm having. I'm so fed up of the greedy little shit, has anyone got any advice one cats?

verydisturbed Sun 19-Aug-07 22:59:36

maybe you should try him on red wine, then when he wakes up with a headache, he might think twice about it next time!

hippipotami Mon 20-Aug-07 20:34:47

uhm, try the pet section or feline-acoholics anonymous?

Dolcezza Mon 20-Aug-07 20:43:37

LOL I have a pet rat who likes WKD blue and tea!!!! I think the answer is to kick em out of the room when u have their fav tipple around!! Greedy little blighters!!! He also nicked my toast the other night when I left the room for a minute!!

Reallytired Mon 20-Aug-07 21:26:11

I'm just imagining you with a pissed cat. Just think your cat will think it can sing and will be doing karecoke next. The poor cat wont be able to walk along a fence in a straight line. It won't be able to aim straight and will accidently piss on the daffodils instead of in the rose bush. Worst still it might forget which garden is yours and do its poos in your garden instead of your neighbours!

Our visiting cat is partial to milk and has had bits of left over fish from a fish and chips take away.

Let a cat near good booze and a takeway. Sorry you are mad.

RGPargy Mon 20-Aug-07 21:27:35

I used to have a cat who LOVED chocolate - so much so that once i was eating a mars bar and was on my last little bit. I was just about to nibble away at the chocolate goo in my fingers (like i said, there was just one little bit left) when suddenly <SWIPE!!> My cat had swiped it OUT OF MY HAND and scoffed it up!! My last little bit as well!! Greedy cow!

Ripeberry Tue 21-Aug-07 10:36:30

Lol, maybe your cats should get together with my wine loving cockatiel.
She is almost 10yrs old now and likes to fly around the living room on an evening (our cat is locked out).
She loves white wine and perches on my hand and takes loads of sips, after a while she can't fly anymore and just staggers about.
At least its easy to catch her to put her back in her cage!
P.S she does not do this every night!
AB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now