Talk

Advanced search

Paperchase tit wrapping paper?

(102 Posts)
Onthetrain75 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:24:56

So I was in Paperchase earlier today when I noticed white wrapping paper covered with what I am pretty sure was various types of silver tits. I said to the assistant, if you’re going to sell this, where is the knob paper? AIBU to think they should sell both?!!

Selfsettlingat3 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:26:59

Say what? Do you have a photo of said wrapping paper?

TheoriginalLEM Fri 15-Nov-19 21:27:24

Yabu

HullabalooToo Fri 15-Nov-19 21:28:23

I saw this a few weeks ago!

TheOliphantintheRoom Fri 15-Nov-19 21:28:47

I saw that wrapping paper - it's on postcards too - and was hmm about it.

LuckySeventhWave Fri 15-Nov-19 21:35:49

I made a complaint to Paperchase about their kids school lunch bag, clearly aimed at junior school kids by the childish design, which said

WTF !!

On it. Their response was:

‘Replying to
@*****
We appreciate your comments on this and we would never intend to upset or offend anyone with any of our products sad We will pass this along to our stores to adjust the position of these to avoid being seen by our younger audiences smile

Onthetrain75 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:36:56

Sorry no I didn’t take any photos. I just thought it was a bit odd, slightly like the laddish culture of the 90s. Weird.

KilljoysDutch Fri 15-Nov-19 21:38:33

Paperchase is stationery for adults.

Feminists reclaiming tits is a tumblr/instagram thing lots of it on Etsy. Genital socks and the like.

ControversialFerret Fri 15-Nov-19 21:39:32

Sounds like they are trying to take on Scribbler

wonkylegs Fri 15-Nov-19 21:40:38

I'm guessing it was like this https://www.paperchase.com/en_gb/stationery/notebooks/lined-page/boob-lined-notebook.html

Ambivert Fri 15-Nov-19 21:41:51

Seems to be a range called “sisterhood”

P.s: if you think paperchase is aimed at kids you haven’t been paying attention. It’s pricey, it’s niche, it’s for adults.

Ambivert Fri 15-Nov-19 21:42:16

Here’s a pic

MiddleClassProblem Fri 15-Nov-19 21:44:32

Why is that lunch bag clearly for kids?

Ambivert Fri 15-Nov-19 21:44:44

There isn’t a full willy range tho... just the odd item 😂

www.paperchase.com/en_gb/collections/view-all-brands/ark-willy-green-mini-notebook.html

Casmama Fri 15-Nov-19 21:45:34

I think it is relevant that the boobs are of different sizes and shapes and it looks to me like there is one which represents a mastectomy.
I think it represents diversity rather than titillation if you'll forgive the pun

LuckySeventhWave Fri 15-Nov-19 21:47:23

@MiddleClassProblem they’d placed it in the accessories section aimed at young children : grown women aren’t attracted to fluffy pom-pom pencil cases with jokes about schoolteachers on them.

TryingToBeBold Fri 15-Nov-19 21:48:57

Why is that lunch box aimed towards kids? Surely it depends on your sense of humour.. I'm 28 and would buy it..

Selfsettlingat3 Fri 15-Nov-19 21:51:56

I think it’s fine. It’s not sexualised but just different boobs.

MiddleClassProblem Fri 15-Nov-19 21:54:14

Surely it’s just in the pencil case section. Some adults do like Pom-poms. If there was a birthday card section or a pen section there would pens for kids/teens there are next to adult style pens. It’s not like a clothes shop where you have a kids section.

AudTheDeepMinded Fri 15-Nov-19 21:59:26

I would go (actually I wouldn't, only in theory) to Smiggle for kids' lunch boxes. I know plenty of grown women who would purchase sparkly covered lunch boxes!

AudTheDeepMinded Fri 15-Nov-19 22:00:16

I'm a bit disappointed as I thought it was paper with blue tits etc on and thought it sounded quite nice!

AuntyElle Fri 15-Nov-19 22:01:11

I agree, OP, it’s just bog-standard objectification dressed up (ha!) as woke inclusivity. Bollocks to it.

Ohyesiam Fri 15-Nov-19 22:05:43

what I am pretty sure was various types of silver tits.
The picture is not this description, it’s obvious and multicoloured tits.

There must be a big tittery at paper chase.

Drpeppered Fri 15-Nov-19 22:06:30

Boobs are not genitals

missyB1 Fri 15-Nov-19 22:07:43

I thought you meant Christmas wrapping paper and I was wondering what tits have to do with Christmas?! Although Jesus would obviously have been bf I suppose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »