Talk

Advanced search

To ignore the parcel deliveries?

(308 Posts)
BJsHair Wed 13-Nov-19 14:10:30

Next door keeps getting parcels delivered when they’re not home to receive them. This means parcel man knocks on our door to leave them here. This means I have to stop eating my lunch, control the dogs (who are now going mental) answer the door in my prison trousers and then have parcels stuck all over my house.

We don’t even get on with these neighbours!!

AIBU to just stop answering the door unless I’m expecting something? It’s only going to get worse with Christmas coming up

rockingaroundthemulberrybush Wed 13-Nov-19 14:12:01

So what are prisom trousers?

rockingaroundthemulberrybush Wed 13-Nov-19 14:12:18

*prison

gamerchick Wed 13-Nov-19 14:14:27

Prison trousers?

Polydactyly Wed 13-Nov-19 14:15:44

Yanbu, we had a parcel at ours for months before the neighbour returned and asked for it. It had been at least three months and I couldn’t remember what he was talking about it had been so long. I just say I’m sorry I have pets who would destroy the parcel so I can’t take responsibility for it without it getting damaged or just don’t answer the door. They take up too much space for too long and the cats would scratch it to buggery.

FuzzyPuffling Wed 13-Nov-19 14:16:22

Answer to door and say no. Or stick a note on your door saying you won't accept anyone else's parcels.
Or be kind and keep accepting them. Is it more than once a day?

Redglitter Wed 13-Nov-19 14:17:15

You can ignore the door if you want. Its your house alternatively you could just tell the driver you're not taking the parcel in

PrincessHoneysuckle Wed 13-Nov-19 14:17:19

What's prison trousers got to do with it?

RogersVideo Wed 13-Nov-19 14:19:01

YANBU. It's not an obligation, you are free to refuse/ignore. I think a sign stating you only accept parcels for this address is the way to go.

Sallyseagull Wed 13-Nov-19 14:19:21

What are prison trousers? missing the point of thread

Also - YANBU. Either say no or dont answer the door.

HalfManHalfLabrador Wed 13-Nov-19 14:20:47

Sorry all I took from that post is prison trousers. What the hell are they? confused

SarahTancredi Wed 13-Nov-19 14:21:16

Do what I do.

answer the door in a towel.

Its reduced my number of knockings. Although I think.others knock on purpose now hmm

Teenagemaw Wed 13-Nov-19 14:22:22

Im only here to find out what prison trousers are grin

Cupcakey Wed 13-Nov-19 14:23:32

Sorry I'm easily distracted confused but what are prison trousers.

TheReluctantCountess Wed 13-Nov-19 14:24:06

Yanbu. Don’t answer.

FraggleRocking Wed 13-Nov-19 14:24:52

Just don’t accept the parcel. I had this happen yesterday. The package was bigger than my hallway and I didn’t fancy the odds of being stuck with it for more than a few hours so I declined to sign for it. The driver wasn’t impressed but I’m sure he found a solution.

Cupcakey Wed 13-Nov-19 14:24:57

Sorry op meant to say don't take the parcels in if you don't want to. They need to specify a safe place if not home. It's not your responsibility. smile

Do update us on the trousers grin

BarbarAnna Wed 13-Nov-19 14:25:40

But what are prison trousers?

AmIThough Wed 13-Nov-19 14:25:55

The dogs will still go mad though.

GlassSuppers Wed 13-Nov-19 14:26:03

YANBU OP it's annoying being disturbed because somebody can't add a safe place to their order for delivery!
You May find that it's often the same delivery driver, I just open the door and say that I only take in parcels for myself and don't take any. I've not been bothered for months now.

And I also want to know what prison trousers are...

greeentopmilk Wed 13-Nov-19 14:26:09

If it's like once a week I would be kind and do
It as long as they collect quickly and they're not huge parcels taking up your hallway.

If it's daily, I'd stop doing it if it's annoying you.

Gruzinkerbell1 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:27:55

I need a photo of the prison trousers before I’m prepared to comment further.

Bezalelle Wed 13-Nov-19 14:28:27

I think prison trousers are pyjamas!

crazyangel1981 Wed 13-Nov-19 14:31:57

I think 'prison trousers' are just grey joggers.

I have just had this with CF neighbours!! They have just moved in, have worked out that I'm home all day. They haven't even introduced themselves / said hello, but have been putting delivery instructions on their orders to deliver to me if they aren't in!!!

I wouldn't mind too much if it was the odd amazon box but it's building materials!

I've been refusing the parcels. Cheeky bastards!!

malmi Wed 13-Nov-19 14:33:41

Answer one last time and say you will no longer be taking parcels, sorry, as you gently close the door. Problem solved.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »