Talk

Advanced search

Obsessive friend turned nasty

(178 Posts)
Juliephine Wed 13-Nov-19 00:37:38

Hi all just a bit of advice....
I have a friend who has been wanting my daughter more and more including putting her hubby on her birth cert so as a friend in case anything happened to me (I know alarm bells legal rights etc)
Over the course of the last 12 months she has been making various comments to me about how to parent, making me feel inadequate, and i've taken it and taken it.
Final straw she accused me of being neglectful anf endangering my child because I fell asleep for an hour and my child managed to paint herself whilst I was asleep.
Then she said my child had worms great big ones so I went to the chemist just incase and got her meds
Then the next day she said oh well your child is small because she had such a large worm burden.
Now my girl had a lot of health issues as a baby and has had heart surgery she has now being discharged from all doctors as she is healthy and absolutely thriving. Sees dietitian every 6 months just for height and weight check but looking to discharge as shes gone from slightly less than 4th percentile to nearly pushing past 9th percentile smile
I went away and thought about everything this friend has said and has been saying... Long story short I ended up in tears and blurting everything out at nursery.
They said she has certainly NOT had worms she is happy and an absolute delight so kind and caring.
That the paint is 1 of those things it washes off and that I told them straight away also shows I have nothing to hide and am certainly not neglectingy child in anyway.

Sorry long story but said friend messages me saying why haven't I spoken to her last few days so managed to pluck up the courage to say well you have basically accused me of chid neglect and told me my daughter is small because of a massive worm burden.

Needless to say she didn't like it I wasn't rude just direct. So has been barraging me with texts telling me what a bad person and awful insecure mother I am that my child will end up with a negative and hostile view of the world because of me etc
I'm worried as a family member is also my landlord

What do all you guys think of this ?
Thanks

BOOnanasAreTheSourceOfEvil Wed 13-Nov-19 00:42:33

Block her number- that’s not a friend that’s a nutcase. Plus the husband on the birth cert?! confused

I don’t think I’ve ever met a child who’s completed toddler stage without coating themselves in something- dd2 did it with sudocream.

BrassTactical Wed 13-Nov-19 00:47:06

What, sorry, she wanted her HUSBAND on YOUR child’s birth certificate??

Tell me you didn’t?? He isn’t the kids father I’m assuming? Just please tell me you didn’t??

She’s insane and angling to take your child away from you, if he’s on the cert she could be trying to dick about and claim parental rights.

She’s getting you to medicate a child that isn’t unwell and making you believe you are neglectful.

This isn’t funny, she’s abusive and nuts and you really really need to never speak to her again.

MyMajesty Wed 13-Nov-19 00:47:46

I'm gobsmacked at putting friend's husband on the birth certificate.

Sounds like friend wants to get your child for herself by claiming you are not a good mother.

Obviously it won't work but you could be in for a lot of trouble with her & her husband.

Bluerussian Wed 13-Nov-19 00:50:26

Your friend is seriously weird! Block her.

ClemDanFango Wed 13-Nov-19 00:51:01

Sorry she wants her husband on your child’s birth certificate?!! Wtf!! that would’ve been the moment I’d have realised what a fucking fruit loop she is and blocked her!

Charliecatpaws Wed 13-Nov-19 00:52:20

She sounds insane, please block her number and ignore her

NameChangedNoImagination Wed 13-Nov-19 00:52:28

She's crazy af. If you meant she's your landlord, seek alternative accommodation immediately. Grey rock her. Keep in mind that she may call social services, given crazy bitch she is, so have all of her batshit communication with you documented if you can.

ClemDanFango Wed 13-Nov-19 00:52:31

Watch The hand that rocks the cradle and single white female OP if those movies don’t scare you in to blocking this woman nothing will.

feelinghelplesstoday Wed 13-Nov-19 00:53:31

Your "friend" is batshit

StrictlyNameChangin Wed 13-Nov-19 00:53:35

Tell me her husband isn't on the birth certificate, please!

etimram Wed 13-Nov-19 00:54:07

Please tell me you didnt put her husband on the birth cert?

GrumpyHoonMain Wed 13-Nov-19 00:54:48

I think you need a restraining order

Houseworkavoider Wed 13-Nov-19 00:55:31

Did you put her husband on the birth certificate??

user1473878824 Wed 13-Nov-19 00:57:22

Oh GOD tell me you didn’t put her husband on the birth certificate. That would only be okay if he was the baby’s father, OP.

Chlosavxox Wed 13-Nov-19 01:01:21

I agree with the others - I really hope he isn't on the birth certificate and you should defiantly block her

Raspberrytruffle Wed 13-Nov-19 01:02:08

Jeez she is more nutty than a Cadbury fruit and nut bar, you sound very vulnerable OP and this bitch is taking advantage. Shes after your child. Seek out elsewhere to live , block her completely and I'd advise telling someone even just a chat with a social worker so this is on paper if she tries to get access or cause trouble for you. She will turn nasty when you cut contact but you need to be brave for your child . Does she know mad may the doctor from eastenders?

AwkwardFucker Wed 13-Nov-19 01:03:00

Please tell me you didn’t actually put her husband on the birth certificate?!?!?

OutOntheTilez Wed 13-Nov-19 01:08:06

Did I read that right? She wants her husband on your daughter’s birth certificate?

I’m assuming she doesn’t have a child of her own, and she’s trying to make you into an “unfit” mother to gain custody (??)

Block her number. Ignore her, go NC. This should also be documented somehow - maybe it’s a police matter and you can get her behavior on record. She sounds insane and the whole situation is bizarre.

Raspberrytruffle Wed 13-Nov-19 01:11:17

Why do I think ops silence is because shes been stupid enough to put a stranger down on her daughter birth certificate? Its morally wrong and very unfair on your child, I hate people that choose to lie to there children because it's more convenient.

NorthEndGal Wed 13-Nov-19 01:14:08

Did you put someone on the birth certificate who is not the other parent?

You need to cut ties with her

Nokeysnoentry Wed 13-Nov-19 01:14:34

You might need this... www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-form-to-remove-the-incorrect-fathers-details-from-a-birth-registration

Mulhollandmagoo Wed 13-Nov-19 01:16:39

If you've out her husband on your childs birth certificate, then it will not be as simple as just blocking her and never speaking to her again! As in theory, her husband has parental rights/responsibility for your child!

You don't sound like a neglectful parent at all and she has absolutely no right to insinuate as such, or to bully and domineer you so much, so you were right in standing up for yourself! Stay firm now and don't allow her back into your life

user1473878824 Wed 13-Nov-19 01:17:58

Well OP’s child sounds old enough now for the birth to be registered so let’s hope not.

Gruzinkerbell1 Wed 13-Nov-19 01:19:27

I really hope you didn’t put her husband on your daughter’s birth certificate. She sounds batshit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »