Talk

Advanced search

To boot everyone off my netflix account?

(124 Posts)
Crazyoldmaurice Tue 12-Nov-19 20:50:51

Had a long shitty day and feeling rather rotten with a sore throat. Finally got my 4&2 year old in bed and have been looking forward to keep watching unbelievable on netflix but lo and behold theres too many devices currently watching!

My inlaws are watching only fools and horses in bed on the iPad (fil has the bloody boxset on dvd) and either my mum/bro/sister are watching The Sinner. I feel bad for my inlaws as they are both poorly with chest infections but ffs, I bet if my mum is watching shes bloody fallen asleep.

Aibu to boot them all off so I can watch it?

YippeeKayakOtherBuckets Tue 12-Nov-19 20:52:39

Do they pay you for it? They don’t. I know they don’t.

Change the password immediately and snuggle down and don’t feel even the smidgiest bit of guilt.

BumbleBeee69 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:52:51

Nope.. kick them all off.. flowers

YippeeKayakOtherBuckets Tue 12-Nov-19 20:53:29

Or upgrade it and invoice them.

Crazyoldmaurice Tue 12-Nov-19 20:55:15

My OH keeps telling me to pull the plug but I know how annoying it is when you are settled into watching something... the only fools and horses thing pisses me off though as it's all they watch!

TerrifiedandWorried Tue 12-Nov-19 20:56:38

Change password, tell them account was hacked. Forget to give new password.

switswoo81 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:56:54

I think Netflix is changing so they wont be able to use yours anymore.
But no Yanbu boot them off. Watching The Devil Next Door here very upsetting.

BritInUS1 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:57:20

Buy them subscriptions for Christmas

Britbox has Only Fools & Horses I think

TerrifiedandWorried Tue 12-Nov-19 20:57:49

Unbelievable is brilliant, isn't it?

user1471517900 Tue 12-Nov-19 20:57:52

Of course everyone will say boot them off. Based on your second post it feels like you won't. It's your account, you want to watch something....so do so.

siriusblackthemischieviouscat Tue 12-Nov-19 20:59:48

If you pay for it and not them boot them off.

GoldLeafTree Tue 12-Nov-19 21:03:19

Upgrade to a premium plan so you can watch on 4 different screens at the same time then change it back to your current plan tomorrow

Cuddling57 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:06:45

Can people use Netflix at different addresses? How many people can log in at the same time and watch different things? Asking for a friend ...

sewinginscotland Tue 12-Nov-19 21:13:28

It's only £7, they should get their own subscription!

Change your password without a second thought, tell them it's something you should do regularly and you'd forgotten they were piggybacking on your account.

AlwaysCheddar Tue 12-Nov-19 21:17:19

No sympathy. Make them pay their own subscription.

TryingToBeBold Tue 12-Nov-19 21:17:37

You can pay to have more users on but I would ask them to start contributing.
A family members bf did this. After renaming the other users to 'thief' grin

justilou1 Tue 12-Nov-19 21:22:12

Absolutely change the password

diddl Tue 12-Nov-19 21:24:53

Well I'd certainly check on your mum & boot her off if she's asleep!

Derbee Tue 12-Nov-19 21:55:11

Not very generous posters! We pay for premium which allows 4 users, and downloads to 4 devices. All the family use it. I see how it would be annoying if there are too many people on it when you want to use it though.

Derbee Tue 12-Nov-19 21:56:06

Seems silly for lots of people to have to pay for the same service, when it generally works to share

NarcolepticOuchMouse Tue 12-Nov-19 21:56:07

I kick people off mine fairly regularly. I wasn't happy with DP giving it to his brother but I was told he'd only have it on one device...he's currently got it on 7! His gf and their son watch it regularly. If I can't get on it everyone gets booted off and I only give the password when asked. If they have a problem they can get their own.

YouFellAsleeep Tue 12-Nov-19 22:01:31

I wouldn’t share the details with more people than screens you’re allowed to watch on. That’s what then causes issues like this. I let my sister use mine, but I’m the only other person who uses it and I can use 2 screens at the same time.

I did read a while ago though that Netflix are supposed to be cutting down on sharing accounts out of the household.

PickleChips Tue 12-Nov-19 22:03:23

Don’t upgrade to premium. You’re not supposed to share logins with people outside your household and Netflix plan to crack down it soon.

Chickychoccyegg Tue 12-Nov-19 22:07:08

i would feel no guilt booting everyone off and changing the password

VaperCut Tue 12-Nov-19 22:10:01

That must be so annoying. My DB has given me his Netflix password for my DS. But I made sure only I know the password (even DH doesn't) so I can limit when DS watches it, and we only use one screen. I would never take the piss out of DB's kindness.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »