Talk

Advanced search

Scared and panicked - please help tmi

(8 Posts)
OneDay10 Sat 09-Nov-19 13:37:08

Sorry to post here but wasnt sure of the best place. For the last two months I have been spotting. It hasnt been everyday but since my last period to the current one, i have been spotting everyday. Every time I go to the loo and wipe there is a pinkish smear. The spotting is usually brownish.
3 months ago we lost a baby at 6 months and I had a hysterotomy. Hugely traumatic.
I will be calling my doctor on Monday but in the mean time have been googling which has been absolutely freaking me out. Cervical cancer has come up and I'm now terrified.
I know only a doctor can tell me what's going on, but has anyone experienced this. Spotting everyday or a slight pink discharge.
I had a Pap smear on the 12 Sept and it was ok.

Apologies for the TMI.

Gleerocks Sat 09-Nov-19 13:49:50

My situation was different in that I had an ectopic pregnancy removed from my cervix a couple of years ago (no hysterectomy) but the bleeding didn’t settle down for a good 4 months after. I think they put it down to trauma but it was awful while it was going on.

OneDay10 Sat 09-Nov-19 14:04:49

Hi Glee thank you for replying. This year alone I had a D&C, a cervical stitch and then the hysterotomy. So alot of trauma to my body. I was wondering If it could be that or something more severe.
It isnt bleeding, more like spotting and discharge. I have stopped googling but it has made me very worried.

Ponoka7 Sat 09-Nov-19 14:23:13

I did both until my HRT was sorted out.

Both can be hormonal.

I was put und the two week cancer pathway, they have to with unexplained
Post menopausal bleeding.

I also had a polyp removed. You all go into a clinic, get the surgical gown on and then get the anesthetic. So we all chatted. There were women in their 70's having polyps removed, which were causing bleeding.

Ponoka7 Sat 09-Nov-19 14:25:37

I should have added that my point was it was hormonal as well for the older women.

The advice has changed re HRT, it can be started anytime. I started mine 4 years after my last period. If i forget to put a patch on, i bleed.

Osirus Sat 09-Nov-19 14:55:15

Sorry about your baby OP. That’s very sad.

Honeybee85 Sat 09-Nov-19 15:02:00

I have de only ever experienced this when I was on the pill and skipped the 7 days pill break for a few times in a row.

Hope it’s nothing in your case OP. Remember that it can have a lot of different causes and you are now only thinking of the worst possible one.

bobstersmum Sat 09-Nov-19 15:14:25

I imagine it's nothing more than your hormones settling down op. I have pcos and before I had my children it was normal for me to spot or have brown /pink discharge when wiping all the time. I had scans and tests and all was fine, it was just my hormones I think. Definitely stop googling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »