Talk

Advanced search

to have the rage over that Walkers Mariah Carey ad?

(74 Posts)
OtraCosaMariposa Sat 09-Nov-19 11:50:56

FFS. It's the start of Novermber and I have to bear Ms Carey with her plastic face warbling about what she wants for Christmas just as she has done since 1992. Her acting is atrocious. She has about one line and can't even deliver that convincingly, probably because her face won't move. The song is shite and who wants fucking brussels sprouts flavoured crisps anyway?

Fuck off Mariah and bring back Gary.

Sparklfairy Sat 09-Nov-19 11:53:06

She's annoying but she knows it and plays up to it.

It's more annoying that they make her lip sync to the original vocal from 25 years ago and she sounds nothing like that anymore!

0blio Sat 09-Nov-19 11:53:43

I love the ad, it's great fun.

Here's a humbug for you OP 🍬

LuckyAmy1986 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:54:55

YAbu I like it

starryeyed19 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:56:25

It's the fact she takes the TINIEST bite of crisp imaginable that really makes it for me

BBBear Sat 09-Nov-19 11:56:49

Haven’t seen the ad, but I bought some walkers crisps for the snack box today and it’s got her face on every pack... DD is freaked out because ‘I don’t like that woman looking at me! 😂

OtraCosaMariposa Sat 09-Nov-19 11:57:50

It's the fact she takes the TINIEST bite of crisp imaginable

She's clearly never eaten a crisp in her life.

Vinorosso74 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:58:32

I saw it last night and agree with starryeyed she barely took a nibble of the crisp! It would have been more convincing had she shoved the whole crisp in which most people would do.

Annabk Sat 09-Nov-19 11:59:02

I like it, it’s camp and means less work for Gary Lineker grin

Duchessgummybuns Sat 09-Nov-19 12:03:55

Surgery or not, she looks fantastic

EvenPhilip Sat 09-Nov-19 12:04:25

She's clearly never eaten a crisp in her life
She is/has been very 'curvy ' she ain't no stranger to the potato chip.

FlamingoAndJohn Sat 09-Nov-19 12:06:39

She is/has been very 'curvy ' she ain't no stranger to the potato chip.

She isn’t ‘curvy’ or fat.
Not all fat people eat crisps.

I agree that the tiny bite looks stupid and the whole thing makes her out to be a complete bitch.

OtraCosaMariposa Sat 09-Nov-19 12:07:41

Does she really look fantastic though? She looks plastic, unwrinkled and like someone who's had a lot of surgery.

JumpyLiz Sat 09-Nov-19 12:08:17

I think it's quite funny, it's just a send up of her reputation as a diva.

57Varieties Sat 09-Nov-19 12:08:26

I can’t stand her but I saw the ad last night and loved it!

EvenPhilip Sat 09-Nov-19 12:09:58

And Bingo!

MrsMaiselsMuff Sat 09-Nov-19 12:10:25

It's bugging me because it looks like her part was filmed separately from everyone else. There's literally one part where she's in the same shot as others (which is easy enough to mock up), but for the rest the most you see is a flick of hair or arm.

It's weird.

SwedishEdith Sat 09-Nov-19 12:10:28

I actually laughed at it and can't stand that song - she was sending herself up.

Justapatchofgrass Sat 09-Nov-19 12:12:54

I had no idea who it was. I assumed they could no longer afford Gary and so had got a bit part actress. It is a really poor advert- not funny or clever.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 09-Nov-19 12:14:24

The tiny bite of crisp made me laugh, too. She almost uses it to blot her lippy...

OtraCosaMariposa Sat 09-Nov-19 12:14:25

I didn't see it as her sending herself up at all. It wasn't tongue in cheek enough. It's just a fairly poor advert. (With an incredibly annoying song).

OtraCosaMariposa Sat 09-Nov-19 12:15:54

Or maybe the tiny nibble of crisp is because she thinks brussels sprouts are minging too.

Chunkers Sat 09-Nov-19 12:16:44

I can’t imagine anybody buys crisps because of Mariah Carey. Massive waste of money.

plantainchips Sat 09-Nov-19 12:18:29

There’s no need to make a thread bashing a woman. Your not just disagreeing with the ad but actively being nasty. No need to describe her as having a “plastic face” “warbling” and how her “face won’t move” . Guarantee she looks better than you’

EggysMom Sat 09-Nov-19 12:19:50

It's bugging me because it looks like her part was filmed separately from everyone else. There's literally one part where she's in the same shot as others (which is easy enough to mock up), but for the rest the most you see is a flick of hair or arm.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this - it definitely has the air of her shots being pasted into the advert, I think it's the weird angles when she's fighting over the crisp.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »