Talk

Advanced search

It’s all gone a bit nethuns

(264 Posts)
nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 17:48:39

Well come on... it has hasn’t it?

I know it’s been done to death “I remember when all was fields, joules and shark Hoovers” but Aibu to say... last month or so...

Or am I just getting old?

TheRedShoes75 Fri 08-Nov-19 17:54:04

No, it’s not just you. Too much hun-ning going on. I miss the wit and humour of the old days

Hefzi Fri 08-Nov-19 17:54:40

No, still plenty of the chattering classes here: don't panic hmm

managedmis Fri 08-Nov-19 17:56:20

Yup, it totally has

Just the quality of written English has gone down dramatically!

LiterallyCantBelieveIt Fri 08-Nov-19 18:00:05

It has, it has.

Problem is (I think) that as soon as a witty, clever or interesting thread pops up, people jump on it for being either a) a potential troll or b) offensive in some vague way.

I've noticed this loads over the past few months. And every time I think of posting a new thread now, I just can't be bothered because I know A or B will happen.

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:00:37

@managedmis - I know... discusting ain’t it wink

ExcitedForFuture Fri 08-Nov-19 18:03:36

Was just thinking this after reading a post with xx by the OP. Literacy levels are declining too. Some posts are just unreadable due to such poor spelling, grammar and text speak.

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:03:55

@LiterallyCantBelieveIt The almost necessary addition of lighthearted to something which is obviously lighthearted is a personal bugbear.

StillCoughingandLaughing Fri 08-Nov-19 18:08:30

There was a thread this week about certain words driving people made on MN. One Nethuns refugee popped up with a long rant about ‘Is this really all you have to worry about people are starving and being raped and in poverty FFS grow up why don’t u care about important things’ - and yes, it was completely devoid of punctuation.

Somerford Fri 08-Nov-19 18:08:41

Don't let any of them post in this thread. Your thread your rules xx

IWorkAtTheCheescakeFactory Fri 08-Nov-19 18:09:07

Definitely! I find very few threads are worth bothering with recently. It’s not MN anymore.

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:13:47

@Somerford I think you’ll find it’s rulez

MrsMoastyToasty Fri 08-Nov-19 18:15:14

U ok hun?

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:15:43

@StillCoughingandLaughing What would you even call that? It’s not quite intelligent enough to be called virtue signalling. Hun-wailing?

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:16:08

@MrsMoastyToasty I’ll pm you xxxx

KitKat1985 Fri 08-Nov-19 18:18:21

Be careful where u post hun. Loads of snaks on her.

SinglePringle Fri 08-Nov-19 18:19:28

I agree OP.

The literacy levels have altered and there are way more ‘xxx’ at the end of posts and ‘hello fellow mummiez’ at the start.

Makes me feel old and Mouldy...

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:19:57

@StillCoughingandLaughing I take that back.. you sound like you’re taking the pee can’t bring myself to write piss out of refugees. While things were bad at Nethuns are you seriously comparing their plight with the poor souls in Syria... shame on you wink

nethunsinthatway Fri 08-Nov-19 18:20:36

Sorry *soles

MsChatterbox Fri 08-Nov-19 18:27:22

It has but this post has been done at least 3 times now!

SongforSal Fri 08-Nov-19 18:27:23

I got 'hunned' in RL the other day. Mumsnet needs to be a safe haven.

MrOnionsBumperRoller Fri 08-Nov-19 18:28:15

Can't someone create an old school Mumsnet and we can all jump ship and leave this one to the Hunz? Xxx hugz

LolaSmiles Fri 08-Nov-19 18:28:52

There seems to be a much bigger demand for cheerleading at the moment and a general sense in places of "validate what I'm saying, if your experiences aren't the same as mine you're wrong, and if you don't agree with me then you're a meanie".

There's still lots of interesting discussion to be had. I find there's people who I disagree with strongly on some issues but agree with on others, and it's good old fashioned healthy debate.

elQuintoConyo Fri 08-Nov-19 18:29:46

How very dare other women join this site! Outrageous!

FFS how shallow and cliquey.

RightEarlobeBreath Fri 08-Nov-19 18:32:05

Yabu. This same moan about Mumsnet changing pops up all the time and has been for years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »