Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you trust Boris Johnson.

(271 Posts)
Paintedmaypole Fri 01-Nov-19 16:27:06

Just that really and, inspired by another thread, why do so many people dislike him?

NomDeQwerty Fri 01-Nov-19 16:28:20

No.

SmileyGiraffe Fri 01-Nov-19 16:29:42

He's a proven liar. I want my Prime Minister to have some integrity.

Equally, if we must Brexit, I would rather someone who believed in it to be in charge, rather than a bloke who backed it so he could be the patriot who gloriously failed to secure it. Look at his face the morning after the referendum - it's the epitome of "What have I done?"

TheLightSideOfTheMoon Fri 01-Nov-19 16:29:53

No.

He's either a bumbling baffoon or a really, really good actor using the bumbling baffoon act to cover something more sinister.

Ohyesiam Fri 01-Nov-19 16:31:00

Trust a man who has been sacked from 3 ( that we know of) jobs for lying? Who has cheated on his wife, who lied about what brexit would mean for the NHS and our country.

It’s more a case of why would anyone want someone so blatantly self-serving and so lacking in integrity in charge of anything?

L00seM00se Fri 01-Nov-19 16:32:32

No, I rarely liars. Did you really not know that he lies?hmm

Paintedmaypole Fri 01-Nov-19 16:35:12

I don't trust him an inch L00se, I was asking if anyone else does.

cardibach Fri 01-Nov-19 16:35:18

Don’t know which vote means which so haven’t voted but no, why would anyone? He’s a proven liar. He’s been sacked for lying twice and is on tape lying about current events. He’s a womaniser who doesn’t acknowledge his own children (if he even knows who or where they are). He’s racist and homophobic and a misogynist.
FFS OP, why on earth are you asking such a stupid question.

laughingnow Fri 01-Nov-19 16:35:38

No. He is an oaf.

Nutjobby Fri 01-Nov-19 16:35:40

Not as far as I could throw him.
The buffoon act, I believe, is exactly that- an act. The public are more forgiving of apparent incompetence than malicious intent, even when the outcomes are the same.

DioneTheDiabolist Fri 01-Nov-19 16:36:59

Of course I dont trust BJ, I'm not fucking stupid.

GoodJobSteve Fri 01-Nov-19 16:37:09

There's a bit in the latest Private Eye about some Vanity Fair (I think) journalist discovering that a young Boris Johnson was a bullshitter and liar 20+ years ago. Surely there can't be anyone left who thinks he's trustworthy? Surely?

Paintedmaypole Fri 01-Nov-19 16:37:30

OK, vote YABU if you DO trust him.

TabbyMumz Fri 01-Nov-19 16:37:30

Most politicians are liars, it goes with the job. Find me a politician that never lies, and he/she would be rubbish in government.

cardibach Fri 01-Nov-19 16:38:25

Sadly, Steve, there are many. Have a look on twitter. It’s terrifying. I’m properly angry about this government.

Paintedmaypole Fri 01-Nov-19 16:39:38

I was just wondering why a significant number of people seem to have enough trust in him to vote Conservative.

LeggyLinda Fri 01-Nov-19 16:39:45

I don’t know which voting button relates to which answer? I may be stupid, but I’ve responded YABU for asking here instead of the politics section as I think you’ll get a better discussion there.

But, for the record, I think I distrust him more than any person who has ever lived or will live.

cardibach Fri 01-Nov-19 16:41:13

@TabbyMumz Find me a politician that never lies, and he/she would be rubbish in government
Really? You really believe people have to lie to be effective? And that Boris’s lies are no worse than most others?
This is why the world is in the state it is. I despair.

LeggyLinda Fri 01-Nov-19 16:41:17

Oh. Just seen your update. Please deduct one from the trust tally 😂

LaurieMarlow Fri 01-Nov-19 16:42:09

Of course not. He’s a pathological liar and a sulky child when he doesn’t get his own way.

I’m concerned for the intellectual / moral status of anyone who does trust him.

NegroniOnIce Fri 01-Nov-19 16:42:12

If anyone can tell me even just one thing to trust about him I'll give it due consideration. Just one thing.

Waiting.

JaneR0chester Fri 01-Nov-19 16:43:18

Of course not.

MrsMaiselsMuff Fri 01-Nov-19 16:43:23

Can you ask MN to edit your OP @Paintedmaypole? People are getting the options the wrong way round!

No, I don't trust him. When he first became PM I jokingly suggested keeping a tally of how many times he has lied. I wish I'd done it, there will have been a whole book full by now!

BeerandBiscuits Fri 01-Nov-19 16:43:36

All politicians are liars but I'd trust BJ more than Corbyn.

MrsMaiselsMuff Fri 01-Nov-19 16:44:14

If anyone can tell me even just one thing to trust about him I'll give it due consideration.

He's consistent. wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »