Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that these things aren't actually my fault despite being blamed by dh....

(25 Posts)
DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 20:49:23

when:

a) he kicked over a drink of squash that HE had left on the floor

b) the cat ate the corner of his cake that he left on the sofa (apparently my fault because I was on mumsnet)

He drives me MAD with this. He does something stupid and somehow, how his brain works I don't know, it's MY fault...I would scream if it wasn't so damn ridiculous. IDIOT

onetiredmummy Thu 16-Aug-07 20:56:29

ha ha ha the cat ate his cake!

I get blamed every time dh loses something! Anything!

onetiredmummy Thu 16-Aug-07 20:59:46

And what makes me mad is that he is constantly losing his car keys, so I bought him one of those gadgets that beeps if you whistle so he could find said keys. You know what he did - he complained it 'kept going off' so he has taken it off (& lost it!) and STILL blames me for missing keys.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Meeely2 Thu 16-Aug-07 21:00:17

YANBU - DH is just a man, doing what men do best, being an idiot.....cue unquietdad to step in for mens defence!

LittleBellatrixLeBoot Thu 16-Aug-07 21:00:40

My DS does that to me. But his excuse is that he is 8.

mummymagic Thu 16-Aug-07 21:02:26

PMSL at the cake.

DANCESwithDumbledore Thu 16-Aug-07 21:02:41

Come on then unquietdad...justify this I dare you!

Emprexia Thu 16-Aug-07 21:53:11

Men have to blame someone because we all know nothing is ever their fault.

walbert Thu 16-Aug-07 21:59:35

What drives me insane is the 'I'm going to do...' list: ie, i'm going to check the car oil and tyre pressure (3 week later i did), i'm going to change the windscreen wipers (2 month later coming from cumbria at 11 at night with bleary rain smeared windscreen, they obviously hadn't been), i'm going to clean oyt cellar, put up mirror, etc etc etc hundreds of different things which NEVER GET DONE!!!!! AAARGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

DaDaDa Thu 16-Aug-07 22:26:24

a. You obviously should have thought ahead and moved the drink. Clear evidence of your complacency and slovenliness. He was called away on urgent business.

b. He was expecting you to eat the cake, as that's what women inevitably do, and was merely upset as you hadn't appreciated his thoughtfulness.

kittylouise Fri 17-Aug-07 10:30:01

Drives me mad when DP loses one of about 8 different sets of keys, asks me if I know where they are. How the F* do I know!! (always accompanied by the blank, helpless look that drives me mad)

becklespeckle Fri 17-Aug-07 10:36:06

Men are just hopeless, what you have to remember is that with some of them, their eyes/ears/legs/arms etc don't work as well as yours!

ie
DH "have I got any clean jeans/lightbulbs/biscuits?"
ME "have you looked in the drawer/cupboard/tin?"
DH "no"

DH "Where are my van keys?"
ME "did you hang them up when you came in?"
DH "yes"
ME "that's where they'll be then"
DH "ah, yes..."

DH "who left that glass there? Lucky it was empty and didn't spill on the carpet!"
ME "you did" (everyone else puts theirs on the fireplace or table)
DH "oh..."

I could go on and on!!! I find ignoring him and then giggling about it later quite satisfying!

whiskeyandbeer Fri 17-Aug-07 13:05:06

are you sure he's not a woman?
he seems to be displaying all the hallmarks of a womans behaviour.

MyTwopenceworth Fri 17-Aug-07 20:26:43

I got the blame for the fact that dh used our living room curtains - our BRAND NEW and expensive living room curtains, as protective covers for our crappy sofa when he repainted the living room.

Despite the fact that I was downstairs (it was a town house, living room on 1st floor) the whole time with the - then baby, now strapping 8yr old ds1 - it was somehow my fault for not realising that he was using them instead of, oh I don't know, OLD SHEETS!!!!!

Apparently I should have stopped him.

Clearly he thought I was psychic or I could see through the ceiling!

MyTwopenceworth Fri 17-Aug-07 20:32:58

oh, oh, oh and....

Where is it?

THAT drives me mental

"Where is X?"
"In the drawer?"
"Which one?"
"Kitchen."
"Which one?"
"Middle."
"Whereabouts?"
"Left side."
<Opens door, item fails to leap up and kick him in the knackers>
"No it's not."
I walk in, glare at him, pull open the drawer, retrieve item, stick it in his face and go
"THERE"
"It wasn't there a minute ago"/"You didn't say under the cloth"/"I looked there." or similar

Lately, I have taken to yelling

WHY SHOULD I KNOW JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A VAGINA??!!!!!!

Every time he expects me to triangulate the position of some random object.

aloha Fri 17-Aug-07 20:33:10

I blame my dh for everything.

aloha Fri 17-Aug-07 20:33:25

I am clearly a man.

Chirpygirl Fri 17-Aug-07 20:40:49

My2pworth, ditto to everything you just said

and now I am in trouble as DH asked why I was sniggering, I told him by reading the thread out, and he replied
'well, if you didn't move my stuff I wouldn't lose it'

This after a huge row at 6am the other morning

DH-where are my f-ing socks? (yelled up the stairs, thereby waking DD)
Me-in the drawer, where do you think.
DH - what drawer?
Me - your underwear drawer
(DH stomps upstairs into bedroom)
DH-what underwear drawer?
Me-there, in the top drawer of the chest of drawers that has been there for 5 years.
DH-Well how am I supposed to find them in there?
[speechless]
pause - DH opens drawer, gets socks, turns and says
DH-don't suppose you know where my clean boxers are as well do you?
Me- next to your socks.

Useless.

3andnomore Fri 17-Aug-07 20:46:13

lol...men eh

becklespeckle Fri 17-Aug-07 20:58:05

will have to steal that line My2pworth! hehehe!

MyTwopenceworth Fri 17-Aug-07 21:03:43

You are most welcome.

One tip though.

Don't yell it when the kids are at home or they will suddenly say things like

"Mummy got vagina"

to the checkout girl at Tesco.

Oh yes they will.

Sods.

geekymummy Sat 18-Aug-07 09:25:37

LOL chirpygirl!!!

Katy44 Sat 18-Aug-07 09:35:31

PMSL mytwopenceworth
[paranoid] are you married to my DH?
Item fails to leap up and kick him in the knackers!! I think men have 'drawer blindness'.
I recently got into trouble for 'losing' something in the filing cabinet. (FC is DH's domain, I'm allowed in under close supervision, or sneak in when he's not looking)
My crime? To put a big clear folder full of Natwest credit card statements in an envelope folder marked (in his writing) "Natwest credit card". We had a huge falling out and he still maintains I wreck his system.

McEdam Sat 18-Aug-07 10:02:31

Dh and I both do this, though, do you think that makes me an honourary man?

melpomene Sat 18-Aug-07 10:40:21

pmsl at curtains

My dh will leave important letters/documents on the coffee table, and I then get the blame if they aren't still there 2 weeks later. (dds aged 4 and 2)

I also got the blame when he dropped a toilet roll into the toilet recently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now