Talk

Advanced search

Ndn help! Cheeky b******

(34 Posts)
Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 16:32:10

Ok bit pissed off, so turning to Mumsnet.

Ndn are a bunch of scrubbers, always have been. I never gave a shit as none of my business. Live and let live right.

Anyways due to them being the way they are, they got told by their housing to clean it up or else. (I know this as I talk to my other ndn.)

Anyways they did clean up (after 2 years), all good right? Well the cheeky bastard has just told me to clean my garden up as it's a fucking disgrace!!!

Our garden needs weeding and there is some bits of tat out there ready for the tip. I am so fucking shocked to hear it, from him of all people. Never once did I call their housing and complain about their mess.

AIBU here to be so annoyed?

Also what the fuck? I mean they are full on slobs yet he comes up to me to tell me my garden is a mess? He has dirty clothes on but yet he thinks he is better now because they cleaned their shithole house up.

Help me understand their mind set, because I don't.
Also before you say it, no I don't like them but for other reasons. We never speak, until today when he walked up to me unloading the car.

PolPotNoodle Tue 22-Oct-19 17:27:26

Sounds like you're a bit of a 'scrubber' yourself 🤷‍♀️

Awaywiththepiskies Tue 22-Oct-19 17:30:06

Help me understand their mind set, because I don't

Don't even bother. Just smile and nod. Some people aren't worth your attention, headspace, or emotion.

Rise above it.

And if he gets abusive, call the police, or his housing association.

Awaywiththepiskies Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:27

I guess IABU here

No, you're really not. It is irritating, and he's a mansplaining lazy slob of an arse.

Just rise above it and pretend he doesn't exist.

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:30

"bits of tat ready for the tip" sounds grim.

Not really. Sometimes if you are doing a big clear-out it can take a week or two to sort your accumulation of rubbish - and why take 2 or 3 trips to the tip if you can put is aside and then take the lot on one run?

I'm on your side OP - but I agree with others that he thinks you are the one who has complained. Our neighbours live in a muck hole too, and like you, I just think "keep your mouth shut and don't say anything - not your business except that if their hovel falls down it takes ours with it, and is reducing the value of our home and there is nothing we can do.

Our neighbours though, are pleasant - lazy filthy bastards, but friendly, take in parcels, pass the time of day, don't make much noise etc. We'd hate to prejudice that if we didn't have to.

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:48

@polpotnoodle yep I think you must be right. Time to get the old car out and dump it on our front, the dog can live in there lol grin

I have accepted I have BU now. I was just really pissed off but oh well. We all get annoyed and that's why I like it here, to bring me back down.

Thank you all. smile

itsgoodtobehome Tue 22-Oct-19 17:46:33

Why don't you just clean your own house up and stop worrying what other people are doing?

SlothRunner Tue 22-Oct-19 18:03:58

I too would be pissed off if i were you

pictish Tue 22-Oct-19 18:27:44

Agreed. Yanbu but what do you want to do with it? He’s a cheeky bastard...but hardly worth getting wound up over.

ferrier Tue 22-Oct-19 20:47:10

YANBU. Don't worry about your tat. Like others say, a week or two here and there is nothing to stress about. Ignore your neighbour who is just trying to cause aggro.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »