Talk

Advanced search

Ndn help! Cheeky b******

(34 Posts)
Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 16:32:10

Ok bit pissed off, so turning to Mumsnet.

Ndn are a bunch of scrubbers, always have been. I never gave a shit as none of my business. Live and let live right.

Anyways due to them being the way they are, they got told by their housing to clean it up or else. (I know this as I talk to my other ndn.)

Anyways they did clean up (after 2 years), all good right? Well the cheeky bastard has just told me to clean my garden up as it's a fucking disgrace!!!

Our garden needs weeding and there is some bits of tat out there ready for the tip. I am so fucking shocked to hear it, from him of all people. Never once did I call their housing and complain about their mess.

AIBU here to be so annoyed?

Also what the fuck? I mean they are full on slobs yet he comes up to me to tell me my garden is a mess? He has dirty clothes on but yet he thinks he is better now because they cleaned their shithole house up.

Help me understand their mind set, because I don't.
Also before you say it, no I don't like them but for other reasons. We never speak, until today when he walked up to me unloading the car.

ImJoxer Tue 22-Oct-19 16:33:40

grin what did you say to him?

msbevvy Tue 22-Oct-19 16:35:03

Maybe he thinks you complained to the housing people about the state of his place

TheQueef Tue 22-Oct-19 16:35:05

grin deep breaths.

fruitbrewhaha Tue 22-Oct-19 16:38:11

Perhaps he has realised the neighbourhood looks nicer when people clear the tat out of their garden.

Why don't you head to the tip? Why is there tat sitting in the garden if you need to get rid of it? Keep it somewhere else.

Dippitydo Tue 22-Oct-19 16:39:52

Maybe he thinks you complained to the housing people about the state of his place

^This. He's trying to make a point.

Lunafortheloveogod Tue 22-Oct-19 16:42:24

Maybe he knows the housing officers coming back to inspect.. and unfortunately has the linguistic skills of a spiders arsehole... and is trying to warn you so you don’t get into shit too.. maybe he thinks it’s the other tidy house that’s grassed him up.

Breathe deeply.. do the odd dump run 😂

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 16:43:12

I'm just so annoyed. I don't understand how he has the cheek.

It's a family but it was only him who came up to me. They are so horrible tbh. But never once have a complained because I would not want to see anyone thrown out their home.

I just said I will do what I please and walked off. If he ever comes upto me again, I will get DP to go round. angry

Geminijes Tue 22-Oct-19 16:49:28

So he had rubbish in his garden and cleaned it up and now asked you to clean up your rubbish and you're complaining because you have less rubbish than he did and you're taking umbrage?

The amount of rubbish is irrelevant, rubbish is an eyesore no matter the amount. Just take a visit to the tip.

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 16:51:17

@fruitbrewhaha because we have been busy. Also it's our garden why can't we keep it there? It's not a old car or sofa you know. confused

And sorry but they live like dirty slobs and you want to tell me they are oh so high standards now? It's a bit rich is all. hmm

SpaceDinosaur Tue 22-Oct-19 16:54:21

What did you say?!!

monkeymonkey2010 Tue 22-Oct-19 16:54:53

I'd have replied "Nah....i think i'll wait til i get a telling off from the Housing like you!"
grin

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 16:55:35

@geminijes well no their house and garden was full of crap. But that's not the point.

The point is that they lived in discussing shit for years and because they have been forced to clean it up, he thinks he has the right to tell me to clean the oh few bits of tat out there, in my own garden.

I never passed comment to him or any of them about their shit. Also the tat in our garden has been there just over a week, gosh. hmm

RuggerHug Tue 22-Oct-19 16:58:22

'Ha, are you on a roll now you've worked out how to clean?? Feel free to take it when you're doing the next tip trip, you're almost half way done on yours!!'

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:04:15

@ruggerhug no my house still has clutter, ugh. But the living room is looking better with the new stuff lol, nice you remembered smile

Also I have never gone up to someone telling them to clean their house.That's the point here!! I am pissed off he came up to me when they live like they do.

RuggerHug Tue 22-Oct-19 17:06:01

cellnet think I might have phrased that wrong, I meant say it to him if he dare comments on yours againblush

TheRobinIsBobbingAlong Tue 22-Oct-19 17:08:34

discussing shit grin

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:11:03

@ruggerhug lol. Well yes I guess I should have had a better come back to him but I was just so shocked. I did not get annoyed till about 5 minutes after when I was ranting to myself blush

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:12:29

@therobbinlsbobbingalong shhh don't point out my ranting typing mistakes!!! Lol, tuts grin

Beesandcheese Tue 22-Oct-19 17:13:30

Well. It doesn't work both ways. Either "housing" expect it well maintained or looking like shit. Is there a reason why you expect different rules for you?

pictish Tue 22-Oct-19 17:13:39

He thinks it was you who complained. I’d bet on it.

Insomniacscientist Tue 22-Oct-19 17:21:06

I also think that he suspects you reported it however, it could just be a case of “but they did it too”

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:21:53

@beesandcheese well no I guess you are right but we don't rent. Also it's a few bits in our own garden. Really they had rubbish for years.

Gosh, I guess IABU here. I was just annoyed by the double standards is all. They live in shit for years, yet when we put a bit of tat out for just over a week we are just as bad now if not worse?

I guess I just thought it was rich and damn right cheeky but clearly having a few weeds and tat in our garden we are on the same level?

Maybe I should just let rubbish and rats run wind for years then? You know because they did it for years, seen as we are doing tit for tat now. hmm

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:25:32

Wild. Bloody tablet confused

OtraCosaMariposa Tue 22-Oct-19 17:27:07

Irrespective of the state of the neighbours' garden, "bits of tat ready for the tip" sounds grim.

PolPotNoodle Tue 22-Oct-19 17:27:26

Sounds like you're a bit of a 'scrubber' yourself 🤷‍♀️

Awaywiththepiskies Tue 22-Oct-19 17:30:06

Help me understand their mind set, because I don't

Don't even bother. Just smile and nod. Some people aren't worth your attention, headspace, or emotion.

Rise above it.

And if he gets abusive, call the police, or his housing association.

Awaywiththepiskies Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:27

I guess IABU here

No, you're really not. It is irritating, and he's a mansplaining lazy slob of an arse.

Just rise above it and pretend he doesn't exist.

SchadenfreudePersonified Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:30

"bits of tat ready for the tip" sounds grim.

Not really. Sometimes if you are doing a big clear-out it can take a week or two to sort your accumulation of rubbish - and why take 2 or 3 trips to the tip if you can put is aside and then take the lot on one run?

I'm on your side OP - but I agree with others that he thinks you are the one who has complained. Our neighbours live in a muck hole too, and like you, I just think "keep your mouth shut and don't say anything - not your business except that if their hovel falls down it takes ours with it, and is reducing the value of our home and there is nothing we can do.

Our neighbours though, are pleasant - lazy filthy bastards, but friendly, take in parcels, pass the time of day, don't make much noise etc. We'd hate to prejudice that if we didn't have to.

Cellnet Tue 22-Oct-19 17:34:48

@polpotnoodle yep I think you must be right. Time to get the old car out and dump it on our front, the dog can live in there lol grin

I have accepted I have BU now. I was just really pissed off but oh well. We all get annoyed and that's why I like it here, to bring me back down.

Thank you all. smile

itsgoodtobehome Tue 22-Oct-19 17:46:33

Why don't you just clean your own house up and stop worrying what other people are doing?

SlothRunner Tue 22-Oct-19 18:03:58

I too would be pissed off if i were you

pictish Tue 22-Oct-19 18:27:44

Agreed. Yanbu but what do you want to do with it? He’s a cheeky bastard...but hardly worth getting wound up over.

ferrier Tue 22-Oct-19 20:47:10

YANBU. Don't worry about your tat. Like others say, a week or two here and there is nothing to stress about. Ignore your neighbour who is just trying to cause aggro.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »