Talk

Advanced search

To wear this to a wedding

(161 Posts)
Rightyoh Tue 22-Oct-19 12:17:49

Going to a wedding reception on Saturday night... wibu to wear this?

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 22-Oct-19 12:29:36

Evening reception and you've got the figure for it and you love it, go for it! This is the sort of thing that my cousins wear to weddings, they're young girls and they look great.

Only on Mumsnet do people get so het up about what is appropriate for weddings. At most weddings you get a range of ages and a range of outfits.

Pinkyyy Tue 22-Oct-19 12:29:49

You should have asked in style and beauty, they can give you alternatives.

What style are you going for (hopefully different to this one)?And do you have a budget?

HalfManHalfLabrador Tue 22-Oct-19 12:30:02

90% of wedding guests in Ireland would wear something similar. Not sure about UK I’ve never been to a wedding there but going by the comments I think not

ThatMuppetShow Tue 22-Oct-19 12:30:42

I don't think anyone will think you are in mourning wearing THAT gringringrin

black is absolutely fine, as long as the actual outfit is appropriate. Even the young (female) royals have been wearing black at weddings!

As long as you avoid the extreme opposite, full widow veil on, black is fine!

Pinkyyy Tue 22-Oct-19 12:32:02

Also I have no problem with skin being shown, I just don't like the dress. It looks cheap.

ThatMuppetShow Tue 22-Oct-19 12:33:31

Only on Mumsnet do people get so het up about what is appropriate for weddings. At most weddings you get a range of ages and a range of outfits.

I hate this "only on MN" nonsense from people who clearly have never left their village ever and can't imagine that anyone has different experience.

I have never been to any wedding where anyone would have thought appropriate to wear a nightie. So what, only on Mumsnet would people make a fool of themselves at weddings?

Rightyoh Tue 22-Oct-19 12:45:00

This more acceptable?

AryaStarkWolf Tue 22-Oct-19 12:47:36

Second one is very nice

LimpidPools Tue 22-Oct-19 12:48:18

Yes, much!

northernknickers Tue 22-Oct-19 12:48:38

Much better 👍

AlrightTreacle Tue 22-Oct-19 12:48:51

Second dress is lovely and perfect for an autumn wedding.

Surprised you had to ask about the first one though! grin

thecatsthecats Tue 22-Oct-19 12:50:35

I hope people say the second one is appropriate, because I've worn almost exactly that to a wedding!

Rule of thumb is always, if you have to ask, don't wear it though. Because if you care enough to ask, the assurance of internet randoms in advance won't be very helpful to you when you're actually there.

AloeVeraLynn Tue 22-Oct-19 12:50:49

Second dress perfect. First isn't great and looks very cheap.

ThatMuppetShow Tue 22-Oct-19 12:51:32

If you can pull off the 2nd one, please do wear it, it's perfect.

TheRobinIsBobbingAlong Tue 22-Oct-19 12:51:59

If you were trying to say "Fuck you for only inviting me to the evening do" then the first outfit would do the job.

I like the second one a lot.

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 22-Oct-19 12:53:18

Is the groom your ex? grin

Second one is nice.

Idontneeditatall Tue 22-Oct-19 12:53:21

grin laughing at Pp who said people will think op is in mourning at not marrying the bride or groom’nn

OldNameChanger Tue 22-Oct-19 12:53:31

The second dress is perfect

Nofunkingworriesmate Tue 22-Oct-19 12:54:12

Way too slutty for a wedding, if you want to pull focus and have everyone talking about you go ahead , not sure thus is even suitable for clubbing

Rightyoh Tue 22-Oct-19 12:54:36

Hahaha thanks everyone. Saved me some blushes there
I’m 38(really don’t look it) size 10, tattoos, very short Hair. This 2nd dress isn’t really my style, but I must conform 🙄

Hederex Tue 22-Oct-19 12:55:09

Literally the only person who could get away with that is Beyonce.

Though Amanda Holden would have a go.

Rightyoh Tue 22-Oct-19 12:55:47

Way too slutty for a wedding, if you want to pull focus and have everyone talking about you go ahead , not sure thus is even suitable for clubbing
They’ll be talking about me anyway!

RaininSummer Tue 22-Oct-19 13:00:26

Gorgeous dress but OTT for a wedding reception. Great for a flash ball though.

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 22-Oct-19 13:04:36

They’ll be talking about me anyway!

It IS your ex grin

SerenDippitty Tue 22-Oct-19 13:05:31

First one is a bit Ann Summers, second one is fab.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »