Talk

Advanced search

To be a grown up and just call the hotel...

(84 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Honeypie19 Mon 21-Oct-19 10:09:10

So a few weeks ago I finally hooked up with an old friend, he was over from America and it was all planned where I would take him, lots of email exchanges about what we would be getting up to of the bedroom variety etc... this had been waiting to happen for quite a number of years.

Anyway he arrives, we book into our hotel, he produces a few toys to spice things up. 1 being a pair of vibrating pantiy things (yeah I know, I know, but they seemed like fun once id had a few drinks and he had the control). We stayed there 2 nights the moved onto an air b&b.

First day there I noticed the panties weren't with us, neither was the not tv remote control that I cant find - do I admit defeat or put on my big girl pants and call the hotel.

Im never gonna go back to the hotel, but the thought of having to go back in to collect my 'belongings" makes me cringe.

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 18:27:54

why did you bring a NowTv control with you?

To watch a box set whilst the sex pants did their thing obvs!

thecatsarecrazy Mon 21-Oct-19 18:27:45

Did your friend stay in touch after?

RhiWrites Mon 21-Oct-19 18:27:16

They’ll have kept the remote and put it in lost property. It won’t be spiritually linked to the sex panties because the housekeeping people who found both items won’t be the same as the receptionist who checks lost property. (Unless the two were bagged together with your name and the date, but that’s unlikely, because then they’d have called you about your ‘items’.)

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 21-Oct-19 18:20:58

why did you bring a NowTv control with you?

PrestonNotHeston Mon 21-Oct-19 18:00:31

TBF if I was a chambermaid and I saw a pair of sex pants and an unfamiliar remote control, I'd be tonging the remote control straight into the bin too.

FilledSoda Mon 21-Oct-19 17:54:43

I'm still confused .
So the pants had a remote control and then in the next paragraph you mean a (not) tv control. You can see why posters thought it was the pants control .
Also , what was new in the box ?

Nyctophyllia Mon 21-Oct-19 16:16:47

Could have been worse, your Ben Wa balls could have fallen out in the frozen creampie section of Waitrose and rolled noisily down the aisle

Mrsjayy Mon 21-Oct-19 14:29:58

Is that Donald and Jacqueline Stewart by any chance? !!!

<snort> grin

babybunny123 Mon 21-Oct-19 14:27:44

Is that Donald and Jacqueline Stewart by any chance? !!!

Sagradafamiliar Mon 21-Oct-19 14:22:28

The sex pants were definitely used, it says in the OP!

Lhastingsmua Mon 21-Oct-19 14:19:51

They may have forgotten*

Lhastingsmua Mon 21-Oct-19 14:17:27

Even if they weren’t used, the hotel weren’t to know and would have binned them.

The remote might be worth calling up about - due to the length of time they have have forgotten about the toys in your room. But also due to the length of time it may have been considered as abandoned by you, and again disposed of rather than indefinitely kept in lost property.

TSSDNCOP Mon 21-Oct-19 14:14:13

Brilliant. Were they battery powered? I suppose so or would you have needed one of those PAT tests first grin Have future guests been kept up looking for the mysterious low level buzzing?

There are some proper cats bums about today. Rainy first day of half term must be unhinging some posters.

ILikeyourHairyHands Mon 21-Oct-19 14:12:48

Ahh, I think the typo for Now TV in your OP has caused some confusion Honeypie, it reads as though you want to get your remote control smalls back, rather than you want to get your Now TV remote back and are feeling sheepish that you also left your vibro-knicks.

MarianaMoatedGrange Mon 21-Oct-19 14:06:52

So you haven't actually tried the vibe knicks? I was hoping for a review! grin

dottiedodah Mon 21-Oct-19 14:04:17

Most hotels will find this sort of thing in their rooms occasionally ,and will not be overly surprised (My Nans Neighbour used to be a Chambermaid in a large London hotel ,one day offered some used Mens magazines to GP ,who were getting on a bit! They saw the funny side of it luckily) I dont think they will still have your toys though OP!

Theredjellybean Mon 21-Oct-19 14:03:31

Slightly off topic but where does the word kecks come from?

Honeypie19 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:59:56

grin Im not asking how do I go back in to pick them up. and again they are brand new, I expect full well they've thrown them away. its theta control i'm crying over... other than pay £35 for a brand new one I have to go back in knowing what they found in that room!

I honestly give up on here! hmm

sorry to those offended by the mention of a sex toy!!

alltoomuchrightnow Mon 21-Oct-19 13:53:03

In disbelief that you would think they'd keep something like this! Do you think they have a 'sex cupboard' of old toys?!

SomeonesSomeone Mon 21-Oct-19 13:50:44

Boy, that's ballsy, showing up to a first hook up with various electrical appliances.

Not to mention having to get them through various airport security procedures. Imagine the officer seeing a suitcase full of metal wiring including a cylindrical object with wires and batteries on an x-ray scanner. Would they immediately think sexual dynamite.

Honeypie19 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:50:34

Hahahaha oh my god to get reported for this.......

god this place has changed for the worse in a few years!

Honeypie19 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:49:30

and no, definitely nowhere near a size 6 sadly!! double that and bit more!

Honeypie19 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:49:06

grin ok shouldn't have written in a rush - the box was brand new - never ever used so some cleaner has found it, and I usually take my now tv stick with me to hotels for work so I can watch something decent on the tv instead of on my laptop - not trying for classics, not stealth boasting. more sharing my horror that I have to call up and ask for my now tv remote control back knowing what else they potentially found in there.

Aren't a few of you cheery happy souls today grin.

underground76 Mon 21-Oct-19 13:44:10

Yes, well done, you had sex. We get it.

FranneKipankinstein Mon 21-Oct-19 13:37:41

Another pants thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »