Talk

Advanced search

WHEN DOES IT END?!

(55 Posts)
Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 14:54:21

ARGH!!!

So DH has just left with DSDs, he won’t be back for several weeks. DS2 (17) uscwith his dad. Adult DD and DS have left home.

We have recently done out our lounge. I have baked a cake to take to work tomorrow and am at a lose end.

I know I think I’ll sit down and read a book

First time in 22 years (other than on holiday once a year). Barely get through the fucking introduction and DS1 texts me “you home?” “Yes why?” 😭😭😭 “Be round in 10 mins to pick up my bike” FFS!!!! You have all left home nearly, I seized upon a few hours to read a flipping book and suddenly you are back - interrupting me!!!! sadsadgrin

Babyroobs Sun 20-Oct-19 14:57:01

Maybe he'll just pop home , pick up his bike then go again ? have you any reason to think he'll stay hours?

Tistheseason17 Sun 20-Oct-19 15:03:00

Ha Ha Ha! Go in the toilet - that's what my DH does when he wants a break!!

C0untDucku1a Sun 20-Oct-19 15:04:32

What does uscwith his dad mean?

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 15:07:50

Is with his grin

ThatssomebadhatHarry Sun 20-Oct-19 15:09:49

Where is DH and Dsd off too? Around the world trip? Haha I will assume you meant hours.
I feel your pain.

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 15:12:04

No weeks. He is taking them home (2.5 hours away) then driving 8 hrs back to where he is based. He probably won’t get home again for 3/4 weeks.

isseywithcats Sun 20-Oct-19 15:13:31

It dosent end my OH was away overnight recently and i thought ooh a whole night of peace on me own, no first off youngest son turns up (hes37) then daughter turns up at same time ( shes 40) then about ten minutes later oldest son turns up ( hes 45) so instead of my nice quiet evening on my own i ended up hosting my grown up kids

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 15:15:06

@isseywithcats

Haha! Death is the only release ... 😭😭

TwoRedShoes Sun 20-Oct-19 15:57:55

Just wait until the grandchildren arrive. grin

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 16:00:55

I am banking on grandchildren interruptions being more “controlled” 😂😂

OhTheRoses Sun 20-Oct-19 16:13:05

It doesn't. DS is 24. He has a house. He did a Masters last year and decided it would be easier/better to live at home. He is at home now until the NY which is when the tenancy on his house ends - he is also pocketing the rent! He is contemplating a phd.

historyrocks Sun 20-Oct-19 16:33:35

Wait until your DC move to a different part of the country/world and you’ll see them only a few times a year. I know the OP is lighthearted, but my DM (& I) would love to be able to drop around.

Singlenotsingle Sun 20-Oct-19 16:37:15

My ds1 (aged 41) is just about to leave home! Moving into his own flat tomorrow! I'm so excited! grin

HelpIcantfindaname Sun 20-Oct-19 16:43:33

My 30 year old DS is currently upstairs in my bath....he doesnt live here!

He lives round the corner & I often come home to find him here. And his cat visits more than him!

To be fair though, he does walk my dog.

FreshwaterBay Sun 20-Oct-19 16:45:32

When does it end?!

Never. Try this;

DD texts me “you home?” “Yes why?” 😭😭😭 “Be round in 10 mins to tell you I am pregnant” FFS!!!!

Pitter. Patter. On your floor.

labazsisgoingmad Sun 20-Oct-19 16:47:44

driving for 8 hours then away for 3 or 4 weeks? that sounds an awful job its a wonder you dont have lots of time to kill

0SometimesIWonder Sun 20-Oct-19 16:58:03

I am banking on grandchildren interruptions being more “controlled”
Not a chance. grin

heath48 Sun 20-Oct-19 17:03:28

It never ends.

Married daughter 37,just asked can she stay here some week nights.

Grateful my adult children like my company,I could never have tolerated my Mother the way my children do me.

I consider it a privilege.

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 17:03:58

@labazsisgoingmad he’s in the forces - we are used to it, and it’s fine when he is there as we can text and talk to each other.

We he’s deployed we can’t.

I am quite busy most of the time with work etc grin

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 17:06:02

This is light hearted - I love seeing them really.

I have lived a long way away from my parents and I know how it feels to not be able to connect with family.

DanielRicciardosSmile Sun 20-Oct-19 17:07:22

@FreshwaterBay your daughter texted you to tell you that she was coming to your house to tell you she's pregnant? Didn't that somewhat negate the point?

jennymanara Sun 20-Oct-19 17:08:05

Of course it ends. Do you randomly turn up at your mums wanting her attention?

Iamnotagoddess Sun 20-Oct-19 17:13:00

Of course it ends. Do you randomly turn up at your mums wanting her attention

Apologies - I forgot to put “light hearted” in the title grinhmm

VenusTiger Sun 20-Oct-19 17:14:47

OP sounds to me like your kids, whatever age, feel for you when DH goes away. They’re kind to you. That’s all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »