Talk

Advanced search

To be upset over no invite?

(67 Posts)
hattybattyscatty Sat 19-Oct-19 19:36:53

I have been seeing someone,and well anyway I found out he has been sleeping with other people and we were never exclusive so I have no reason apparently to be mad??
Now we speak every day,he has a high level of contact.
Tonight he texts saying
"Just going over (mutual friends ) house for drinks with a few people then off to the pub )
I text saying I had no plans and was home alone ..thinking he might say oh come over too.
Nope..
Clearly if I'm there he won't be able to pull or flirt or whatever.
I feel like telling him to get lost when he texts tomorrow.
I feel like a massive idiot.
He knows I have feelings for him.
Aibu to be upset ?

CAG12 Sat 19-Oct-19 19:40:57

He sounds like a grade A bellend. Stop talking to him

Ginger1982 Sat 19-Oct-19 19:44:33

YABU for still caring when he clearly has a completely different view of the relationship.' If he cared about you in the slightest he wouldn't be sleeping around.

Get rid.

ragged Sat 19-Oct-19 19:45:03

You can do better, OP. Let this guy go.

AngusThermopyle Sat 19-Oct-19 19:46:32

You are utterly wasting your time with him, and he is wasting yours. Chin up, move on.

1Morewineplease Sat 19-Oct-19 19:48:03

Let him go. You deserve better. I’m sorry OP. 💐

MrHaroldFry Sat 19-Oct-19 19:49:30

You are not unreasonable to be a little hurt. You ARE unreasonable if you continue to 'date' this person.
You are his option, not his priority. Block and move on.

Mrsmememe Sat 19-Oct-19 19:49:43

If you’re not exclusive and he’s open about seeing other people then to be honest I think you’re being a bit bunny boiler expecting him to invite you.
Enjoy your time home alone or go out with your own friends. Don’t get too clingy or it’ll scare him even further.

Jupiters Sat 19-Oct-19 19:49:46

Cut your losses with him.

wildcherries Sat 19-Oct-19 19:51:37

Was there not an almost identical thread the other day from this OP?

Isitnearlyweekend Sat 19-Oct-19 19:52:18

I’m sure you deserve better than this. Let him go.

hattybattyscatty Sat 19-Oct-19 19:52:46

@wildcherries yes it's on the relationship section,
This has just happened tonight with the no invite
Just wanted peoples opinions if I'm being unreasonable to be upset.
I've put the update on my other thread too.

simplekindoflife Sat 19-Oct-19 19:55:10

He's a time waster, get rid!

NaviSprite Sat 19-Oct-19 20:00:25

Yup - it won’t get better, it sucks and it hurts like hell, but don’t waste any more of your precious time on him @hattybattyscatty

Walnutwhipster Sat 19-Oct-19 20:02:26

He's shagging other people but you're upset about not being invited on a night out?

Thingsdogetbetter Sat 19-Oct-19 20:02:54

Give this up! You want him, he wants to shag around. You're actually breaking your own heart again and again. Stop bloody expecting him to suddenly step up because you want him too. Your 'want' is not that powerful. He's not going to change and he's been honest about that. Stop this pathetic longing and wishing and hoping and moping over him. Part of being a grown up is accepting that things you cannot change. You cannot change him into a person who wants to be your boyfriend. Accept that, stop contact. Stop hurting yourself over and over. Work out why you can't let this fantasy go.

Pinkflipflop85 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:03:35

When will you finally get the message to give up on this guy? You are just an easy shag to him, nothing more.

Lifeisabeach09 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:05:21

Contact a friend, go out and flirt/pull yourself.

Stop putting yourself in this position--you give him all the power.

Woman up!

Kaddm Sat 19-Oct-19 20:07:14

This is why ghosting was invented.
Do it to him!

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:08:27

Why aren't you exclusive? Hell would freeze over before I shared my lover with someone else. Are you happy to share? If not, you need to tell him.

Oysterbabe Sat 19-Oct-19 20:11:21

This is going nowhere, just bin him.

Bluerussian Sat 19-Oct-19 20:11:37

He sees your relationship as fairly casual, I'm sure he likes you but isn't ready for a committed relationship. You feel differently.

Time for you to cool off. There are more fish in the sea.

Ginfordinner Sat 19-Oct-19 20:16:28

Why are you still with him? He isn't that into you. You are just another someone to keep his bed warm.

Celebelly Sat 19-Oct-19 20:16:44

Read 'He's Just Not That In To You'. And realise that he is, indeed, just not that in to you.

supersop60 Sat 19-Oct-19 20:16:56

He is wasting your time and energy. Find somebody better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »