Talk

Advanced search

Puddle saga thread 3, for all you lovely mumsnetters still supporting me...

(545 Posts)
rainypuddles Sat 19-Oct-19 12:12:37

Some of you might get annoyed that I don't follow your advice but I couldn't have got through these months without your support!

AlanThePig Sat 19-Oct-19 12:14:26

Rainy, I know you said you're in the midlands, but if you're in Staffs and need some RL Support and a cuppa do DM me. I abhor bullying and this shouldn't be happening to you.

WitchDancer Sat 19-Oct-19 12:22:58

You've the patience of a saint, and I understand that it's not possible to 'just buy this' when funds are tight. 🤝

CokeAndCrispsAndDip Sat 19-Oct-19 12:26:24

The advice is just trying to help, we're not living it OP, keep letting off steam here and it might ease some of your stress. Advice givers are working with prospective and rationality whereas you are in a constant state of anxiety which blocks you seeing things rationally. I have everything crossed things get better for you flowers

bakesalesally Sat 19-Oct-19 12:28:15

I just feel awful for you. I think it's time to take this to the local press

Clangus00 Sat 19-Oct-19 12:28:53

I’m just place marking, but dear God OP this is just hellish.

MsBananaHammock Sat 19-Oct-19 12:29:36

I really feel for you Rainy.

Apolloanddaphne Sat 19-Oct-19 12:30:22

I really hope you get some resolution soon. It all sounds very stressful.

hotdogwoof Sat 19-Oct-19 12:30:41

Hope you're ok op. I've followed your other two threads

Twogirls19 Sat 19-Oct-19 12:33:06

Been following from the beginning. My stress levels just rise on your behalf when I read all your updates. No useful advice but just here to say I’m one more person rooting for you.

RosieandFin Sat 19-Oct-19 12:34:51

I caught up with your previous threads yesterday, you have my sympathies. What an awful situation to be in. I really hope it gets sorted soon.

Baboutheocelot Sat 19-Oct-19 12:35:10

Sorry you’ve ended up living next to these lunatics. I hope the environmental health report will lead to things calming down for a bit.

JaneyJimplin Sat 19-Oct-19 12:37:54

I can understand. It's easy to come up with assertive solutions when you're removed from the situation, quite another when you're expected to carry them out in real life!

itsgettingweird Sat 19-Oct-19 12:38:28

We get following advice isn't easy if it's not practical or financially viable.

Plus when you are anxious due to bullying the fear of making it worse through reprisals.

EnriqueTheRingBearingLizard Sat 19-Oct-19 12:44:18

I think any frustration people might feel is because they support you and want a resolution for you OP.

Who doesn't want to live a quiet life in harmony with the neighbours? Apart from the people next door to you of course.

I wish you could grey rock them and rise above it all instead of it affecting you so much. You've tried to be responsive and proactive to smooth things over, but it's not your problem, it's all their problem, in their own minds and they seem to enjoy the drama.

I don't know what the answer is for you right now apart from staying strong and refusing to let the bastards grind you down flowers

DarlingNikita Sat 19-Oct-19 12:50:36

You had some excellent advice from police officers in the last thread; I think you should follow it.

LannieDuck Sat 19-Oct-19 12:52:27

Wow, I had hoped it would calm down after the EH visit. Please take the advice of the three police officers at the end of your last thread and put in a complaint.

DartmoorDoughnut Sat 19-Oct-19 12:52:52

I know you have teenagers but if they’re not there maybe you could wear noise cancelling headphones? Block the fuckers out?!

MsPepperPotts Sat 19-Oct-19 12:59:36

I think you have done really well so far because you have managed to get your points across to EH and the Police and you are probably right about the Police having had a word with them about the behaviour of the whole family.
Do you think it's worth getting your builder to speak to them about repairing the guttering?....record the conversation... so at least your own house isn't getting more water damage and also that takes away some of the NDN's argument/complaint.

LahndonTown Sat 19-Oct-19 13:17:49

Template email for police for you for when you need it.

Dear Inspector Xxxx

I would like to meet with you to discuss an ongoing incident of harassment against me by my next door neighbours at the earliest opportunity please.

I would be grateful if you could contact Xxx from Environmental Health at Xxx Council prior to our meeting as she can assist in outlining the issues that I have been facing.

I have reported a number of incidents to your force and I have received visits from different police officers who have failed to address the level of harassment and intimidation against me. There have been several incidents and I believe that there has been missed opportunities to deal with the correct police intervention.

Initially this matter began as a civil matter regarding work affecting their property which they wished me to fix at my expense. Despite advice from myself and professionals my neighbours have refused to accept the matter is caused by them and they need to rectify these issues themselves. I have been unable to discuss this with them without being ridiculed and abused, therefore I have tried to not engage with them for some time. As such, I have been targeted by various members of their family turning up at my doorstep, blocking my drive, beep their car horns at me, banging on my door until I answer, shouting at me and making comments about me in the street. I have also received threats towards me and my pets.
I am a single mother and my mental health has been affected by these unsolicited visits. Each time I have had police out to help me I have been advised that they cannot help me because 'its a civil matter' and my word against theirs. I have kept a diary of events and yet no officer has engaged with Environmental Health to establish the wider picture.

Despite not engaging with my neighbours, they have continued to berate me and have caused damage to my property by fixing items to my wall.

I was advised by your officers that I would be the subject of a Community Protection Notice if this matter continued. I am horrified that I am a victim of crime and I am being treated in this manner as I have only ever asked them to cease contacting me unless through a solicitor and I have NEVER contacted them or sought them out since.

My neighbours are elderly and have used this fact to their advantage when engaging with anyone who will listen to them. I no longer feel safe being in my property and i am beginning to lose my trust in your organisation.

I am extremely frustrated that the boundaries of criminal law is being tied up in what was a civil matter. I expect a thorough review of the incidents I have reported as I am concerned for the safety of my family and property if this is allowed to continue. If this is not investigated properly I will be informing my MP to take this further on my behalf.

Ihateedmundelephant Sat 19-Oct-19 13:21:36

I’m so emotionally invested in this thread! Don’t let the bastards win!

AngelOfDeathNix Sat 19-Oct-19 13:26:46

Good template up there. I would also point out that they are now engaging other neighbours to join their campaign against you.

timeforawine Sat 19-Oct-19 13:31:20

Oh OP i really hoped the EH inspection would be the end sad
I would send the letter template a PP posted and follow what the police on the second thread.
Hoping so much you get done peace and a resolution very soon

katielilly Sat 19-Oct-19 13:34:07

That's a very good letter template from@LahndonTown.

Gazelda Sat 19-Oct-19 13:37:06

Really good template letter from LanhndonTown. And I agree with Angel's suggestion of including reference to the fact that neighbours are involving with other local residents which is leading to increased feelings of isolation.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »