Talk

Advanced search

DH has left my bag at home.

(218 Posts)
blackwych Fri 18-Oct-19 21:39:20

We are on weekend break. We have only just arrived after a ridiculous long detour because DH is a slave to the satnav. He unpacked the car, I said 'Where's the rucksack?' and he said 'What rucksack?' It has my hairbrush, medication, books, phone charger, toothbrush, earplugs, mascara, deodorant etc etc.. It wouldn't all fit in the suitcase. The suitcase contains nothing but damp clothes. Would I be unreasonable to kill him?

Wellmet Fri 18-Oct-19 21:40:28

Erm.... could you not have picked it up?

TwiddleMuff Fri 18-Oct-19 21:40:41

The question a million people are about to ask you is: why didn’t you pack the rucksack yourself?

positivity123 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:40:43

Why didn't you pack your own bag? Who packed the damp clothes?

Jollitwiglet Fri 18-Oct-19 21:40:49

Why is he alley responsible for your backpack?

Jollitwiglet Fri 18-Oct-19 21:41:01

*soley

seven201 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:41:16

It depends. Why didn't you put it in the car yourself or put the rucksack on top of the stuff ready to go in the car?

AnneLovesGilbert Fri 18-Oct-19 21:42:07

Who packed damp clothes?!

BarbarAnna Fri 18-Oct-19 21:42:20

Oh lord. This is literally my fear every time we go away, that we arrive without my bags. I have started putting my rucksack with medicine, sanpro, camera, MacBook, Kindle in with me. I often have to stop the car to check on my case!

Why are all your clothes damp?

But yes kill him!

SprinkleDash Fri 18-Oct-19 21:43:08

Your bag, your responsibility!

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 18-Oct-19 21:45:06

Well, everyone's said it already. Why is your DH responsible for your rucksack? Are you physically unable to pick up your own belongings, and if so, also physically unable to look in the car to see if they are there? Because if so then, yes, you do have the right to be pissed off with him. Otherwise...if you wanted the stuff, pack it!

InkyFingersInkyFace Fri 18-Oct-19 21:45:29

Four summers ago I packed five kids, myself and my then-partners stuff for a trip abroad. Because I knew it wouldn't be done right or at all if I didn't. In the confusion after the stop off at my family's place (very long road trip from where I lived to the port) I had made sure everyone else had everything but my case with all the same items you've listed, wasn't packed. It was in the hall and someone else would have seen it but not bothered to say anything.

I was devastated because without Two of the meds I stop functioning. It was managed, but I wish I stopped picking guys who can't fend for themselves, maybe then I'd have time to look after myself confused

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 18-Oct-19 21:46:06

Surely your thread title should be YOU left your rucksack at home?

Ginger1982 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:46:27

Why didn't you take your own bag? Only yourself to blame!

Longdistance Fri 18-Oct-19 21:46:35

What?
Do it yourself. I never ever rely on my dh to put any bags away for me. They’d never reach their destination.

Seeingadistance Fri 18-Oct-19 21:47:28

Why have you taken damp clothes?

UrsulaPandress Fri 18-Oct-19 21:47:51

Surely everyone spends the first 30 minutes of a journey shouting ‘did you put my case in?’

CastleCrasher Fri 18-Oct-19 21:47:54

What everyone else said - it's your bag, so your responsibility, sorry! Who packed damp clothes, and why?confused

rainingallday Fri 18-Oct-19 21:47:55

@blackwych

You are being ridiculous and VERY unreasonable.

You're not a child are you? Take responsibility for your OWN STUFF!

If something (important) of my husband's had got left behind and he blamed me, and asked people if it would be OK to kill me (even as a 'joke,') I'd tell him to fuck off to the far side of fuck, and leave him alone for most of the break we were on to fend for himself.

I have had him blame me for stuff (in the past) like him sleeping in etc (when HE is capable of setting his own alarm!) and he got such an earful from me, that he stopped doing it!

QuestionableMouse Fri 18-Oct-19 21:49:55

Wow harsh replies.

YANBU to be annoyed that it's at home. I don't trust anyone so always chuck my own stuff in the car (it's usually me packing everything in the car tbh)

Wheat2Harvest Fri 18-Oct-19 21:50:07

I was just thinking that if the suitcase is full of damp clothes it is probably better that the suitcase wasn't left behind as the contents would be going mouldy.

Lulualla Fri 18-Oct-19 21:50:54

If it was his job to pack the car then it was your job to tell him you had an extra bag and put it at the door. If he didn’t know about it then he couldn’t put it in the car. If you didn’t explicitly say that you had a rucksack to go then it’s not his fault.

If it wasn’t his job to pack the car then it’s nothing to do with him and not his fault.

Either way, not his fault.

adaline Fri 18-Oct-19 21:51:38

Why on earth is your bag his responsibility?

C0untDucku1a Fri 18-Oct-19 21:52:50

Why are your clothes damp?

Btw i never pack for another functioning adult. When my dh forgets important items, like tshirts while on safari, thats his problem. I pack for tge children and me.

bookwormsforever Fri 18-Oct-19 21:54:22

Oh dear, this is not going well.

Should op have to double check everything her p does? If my h says he’s packed the car, then I check, he tells me off! I can’t win...

Surely she should be able to trust her p?

And why in the holy hell is the case filled with damp clothes?!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »