Talk

Advanced search

Help... I’ve done something really stupid

(68 Posts)
LionsShare Fri 18-Oct-19 20:12:53

I text my ex asking him out on a date.

He hasn’t replied yet and I just want to crawl into a hole or burn my phone so I never know the answer.

Clearly I have been unreasonable, so how do I graciously style this out when he inevitably replies no? I can’t even blame being drunk, haven’t had a drink all week. I miss him and have had a shit day so thought this would make me feel better!?

RoseHippy1 Fri 18-Oct-19 20:15:17

Don’t worry , we’ve all done stuff like this. He’s your ex so it doesn’t really matter what he thinks / if you’ve embarrassed yourself . He’s your ex for a reason ! Go out tonight with mates ?!

something2say Fri 18-Oct-19 20:15:48

Oh God.

You're sure he will say no??

GettingABitDesperateNow Fri 18-Oct-19 20:16:01

Just be honest, reply back and say actually it was a mistake, no reflection on him at all but youd had a bad day and were trying to make yourself feel better but you realise you went about it the wrong way and you're sorry?

Otherwise pretend you were pissed anyway.

Or messge again saying 'oops wrong Simon!'

Wavingwhiledrowning Fri 18-Oct-19 20:16:11

Can you pretend it was meant for someone else? Before he has chance to reply, send something like 'ha ha Ex! Oops. Not meant for you (clearly). Stupid phone'. I regularly blame errors of judgement like that on technology.

MissConductUS Fri 18-Oct-19 20:16:32

Text again and say it was meant for another bloke.

Sexnotgender Fri 18-Oct-19 20:16:39

Did you name him in the text?

Text him again and say you’re so embarrassed that was meant for someone else.

Batshittery Fri 18-Oct-19 20:16:45

He may say yes. Fingers crossed.

Bourbonbiccy Fri 18-Oct-19 20:20:38

Please don't do the "it was meant for someone else, he really won't believe it" just txt now before he replays saying, "sorry, shit day and it was a bad idea, just ignore it"

Bellringer Fri 18-Oct-19 20:22:24

Just ignore it. He might say yes if he wants a shag, then what will you Do?

Bourbonbiccy Fri 18-Oct-19 20:22:48

Before he replies not replays. And the " we're meant to stop after "it was meant for someone else" ...bad post !!

SickySicky Fri 18-Oct-19 20:23:31

Block him and forget about it.

Oneborneverydecade Fri 18-Oct-19 20:24:18

Get steaming drunk now so that if he calls you have a great excuse

Loopytiles Fri 18-Oct-19 20:24:21

Why is he an ex?

catwithnohat Fri 18-Oct-19 20:24:59

Argggh!

Put it down to experience and try to move on.

And delete his number grin

Elclr Fri 18-Oct-19 20:28:16

Oh, I'm sure we've all been there. Block his number and get yourself a drink. Lesson learned and no harm done in the grand scheme of things flowerssmile

Dominoz Fri 18-Oct-19 20:30:01

Don't worry. You've put yourself out there and he'll be flattered and you'll have an answer one way or another. Good on you! How long ago did you message?

Tangledfred Fri 18-Oct-19 20:31:04

Just say sorry was having a bad moment and don’t really want to get back together. Bow out gracefully with minimum chat and fuss. Block his number or delete it so you don’t get tempted again

Loopytiles Fri 18-Oct-19 20:36:08

I asked an (awful!) ex to get back together once, to his face, and was turned down.

It was five minutes of horrible embarrassment, he got an ego boost he didn’t deserve, but no harm done.

CAG12 Fri 18-Oct-19 20:39:08

Id just be honest. If he replies saying yes or no, just say it was a moment of weakness.

Unless you actually want a date that is

GabsAlot Fri 18-Oct-19 20:40:30

JUST SAY OOPS WRONG NUMBER!

KarmaStar Fri 18-Oct-19 20:42:23

Do you want to go on a date with him?

HobbyIsCodeForDogging Fri 18-Oct-19 20:43:07

Trying to pretend it was for someone else is way more cringe than asking him in the first place. Can't believe people are seriously suggesting that blush

holidays987 Fri 18-Oct-19 20:43:24

Go out tonight with friends if you can. Laugh it off, dance away the embarrassment and don't think about it again. Keep the ex in the past.

SpinneyHill Fri 18-Oct-19 20:46:17

If you fancy a shag/date then see him if not ignore any text or say Shit sorry I was having a moment.

Most of us have done it or at least thought about it....the rest are lying

YANBU

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »