Talk

Advanced search

To feel really sorry for Prince Harry breaking down

(1000 Posts)
AviationLifystyle Wed 16-Oct-19 09:56:36

At the awards show. I have been a little skeptical about him recently but my heart really went out to him when I saw the footage.

I have a feeling that having a child has triggered a huge amount of unresolved grief and anxiety. Now he has this dear little boy who is at the mercy of the tabloid press, as is his wife and there is little he can do to protect him.

It's time the press laid off. This is a human being breaking in front of us.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/prince-harry-wellchild-awards-speech-emotional-meghan-pregnant-tears-a9157751.html

Bluntness100 Wed 16-Oct-19 09:58:31

I think you're over invested a bit there. You don't know him or what's going on with him and I'm fairly sure he'd prefer you not to speculate about his mental health.

Whoops75 Wed 16-Oct-19 10:00:59

confused maybe he’s just happy

AloeVeraLynn Wed 16-Oct-19 10:01:39

There is a certain degree of seeking publicity and attention that isn't necessary, especially if he wishes to protect his family from the media. They engage with the media far more than most of the royals. I think you're way over invested in people you don't even know.

18995168a Wed 16-Oct-19 10:02:51

I’m sure he’s fine hmm

There are many people who I feel empathy and concern for: a random guy I don’t know and have never met, who has a loving family and enough resources to access all of the mental health treatment/therapy in the world should he wish to do so, isn’t someone I’d spend this amount of energy worrying over.

AviationLifystyle Wed 16-Oct-19 10:08:48

You don't have to know people to feel empathy for them. He doesn't seem himself at the moment and people should show a little kindness.

Unshriven Wed 16-Oct-19 10:11:13

He doesn't seem himself at the moment are you a particularly close friend of his? grin

SimonJT Wed 16-Oct-19 10:12:04

Man exhibits normal emotions, whats odd about that?

BertrandRussell Wed 16-Oct-19 10:12:49

Seems perfectly fine to me. New dad gets a bit emotional when talking about children dealing with very difficult lives hardly seems particularly newsworthy. Sad that online loons are using it as ammunition though- apparently he was really laughing at the kids but covered it up by pretending to cry...

Whoops75 Wed 16-Oct-19 10:14:36

He doesn't seem himself at the moment

You’re a loon grin
I’m sure he has a team of people making sure he’s ok.

EmeraldShamrock Wed 16-Oct-19 10:15:03

It is a heartbreaking event, as a parent now he probably was more emotional.
Not that a non parent wouldn't find it emotional.
I know my tough brother changed into a soft soppy adoring dad.

Samcro Wed 16-Oct-19 10:15:11

these awards are just an excuse for "stars" to cry over vulnerable people.
I hate all these kinds of things. (including the awful one on IT with carol whatsit)

JoyceDivision Wed 16-Oct-19 10:15:13

Bertrand, which group have brought up that theory?

BertrandRussell Wed 16-Oct-19 10:16:23

Not a group- just random people on Twitter.

midnightmisssuki Wed 16-Oct-19 10:16:50

confused really? My husband cried too when he held our baby for the first time, I assure you he wasn’t breaking, just emotions, like you know, humans get sometimes 🤷🏻‍♀️

diddl Wed 16-Oct-19 10:18:42

Well it could be argued that there was no need to say so much about himself/themselves in the speech.

Or he could just have said that it all resonates more now that he is a parent.

RainbowBlanket Wed 16-Oct-19 10:20:10

He just got emotional being a new dad. I’m sure he’s fine

wondering7777 Wed 16-Oct-19 10:20:11

Why would you feel sorry for him? I took it to show that he’s incredibly happy, overwhelmed (in a good way) and emotional about becoming a father, which is a lovely thing!

U2HasTheEdge Wed 16-Oct-19 10:20:29

How do you know he is 'breaking' OP?

He got emotional. If a female reacted in the way Harry did would you say she was 'breaking'?

AviationLifystyle Wed 16-Oct-19 10:21:17

Maybe I am a loon grin

I can't remember seeing a Royal starting to cry during a speech before. This with all the sudden litigation, seems off.

U2HasTheEdge Wed 16-Oct-19 10:21:29

I too thought he was just very happy.

EmmiJay Wed 16-Oct-19 10:24:09

Yep you sound just like Piers Morgan this morning. I rolled my eyes so hard I nearly went blind. Prince Harry looks perfectly fine to me. If anything he might be more emotional about all shyte the media write about his family (Meghan really).

Juells Wed 16-Oct-19 10:27:05

There is a certain degree of seeking publicity and attention that isn't necessary, especially if he wishes to protect his family from the media. They engage with the media far more than most of the royals.

I'm not British, can't imagine putting up with the nonsense of having a hereditary royal family with their lands and wealthy and influence. But Harry is still a human being who can't help the family he was born into. As far as he's concerned, the media killed his mother. He went through all that trauma as a child, and now it's being repeated with his wife. I suspect that some day soon he'll move to America, I'm surprised he hasn't done it already.

AlwaysOnAbloodyDiet Wed 16-Oct-19 10:27:39

I agree, OP.
I have such a soft spot for Harry. He will always be that little boy walking behind his mum's coffin, in my eyes.

Becoming a father and the media's attack on his wife will have brought so many issues to the surface.

MangoSalsa Wed 16-Oct-19 10:31:45

Agree Juells I think a move to te States is on the cards.

This thread is not accepting new messages.