Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in being REALLY pissed off

(16 Posts)
Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 22:56:17

Came home today we live 40/60 our home town and at another home 2 hours away.

Came home today haven’t checked post for about one month. DP opened a letter from our letting agent. We have over the last 3-6 months received numerous letters asking residents to not dump rubbish etc.

Very right, it’s disgusting it been terrible.

I have always put all rubbish in the bin even huge cardboard boxes, everything has been put into the bin even though I am so small I struggle. I have been here for three years we have never ever had a problem.

ANYWAY

The letter today had two pictures of a woman. The letter it’s self stated that they have been recently told that the person in the picture is me (by name) and if I don’t stop dumping things then we will be charged for the removal of said things.

I am fuxking furious.

1) they have not asked whether this is me, they have just said it is as they have been told I assume??? Who the fuck has said it was me?!

2) because this has only started happening since new people have moved in and I believe it is the new person who it actually looks like, to be the one who has said it was me out of sheer embarrassment it is her!!!

Tomorrow I am physically going into the letting agents to show my face I really do feel like being a dick. I am so angry at how unprofessional they have been. I feel slandered. I have always used bins, never bloody littered, will run after a wrapper for goodness sake! I have never once left a bin bag without putting it in the bin.

I believe that the letting agent has spoke to said new resident asking if it is them, they have said no it is “name” because it’s so blurred that it could possibly be me! I had to second look!

Do I have any right in knowing who said it was me? I’m not actually on the tenancy agreement, so they don’t actually know me, only my partner is as my name is on an owned property.

I’m overly worked up about this I feel disgusted that they have put this on me.

Sorry it’s all over the place I’m just pissed off.

Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 22:58:18

Also one of the days that they were caught on camera I wasn’t bloody there!!!! I was two hours away!!!!

redexpat Sun 13-Oct-19 23:01:35

That would make my blood boil too. Yanbu to be pissed off. But try to remain calm.

Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 23:05:02

Oh my I am so sorry for all of the typos! I was typing with RAGE!

@redexpat Partner is angry but thinks I’m a nutter! How dare they put my name against this crap without asking first!!!’

Cherrysoup Sun 13-Oct-19 23:06:48

Be calm, tell him it’s the new lady. Don’t go in raving!

Lindy2 Sun 13-Oct-19 23:12:06

Stay calm and explain what has happened.

The letting agent isn't personally after you. They've been given false information. If you needed to double check the picture, how are they to know it's not you.

Hopefully by giving them the correct information you can get them to take action against the correct tenants dumping their rubbish.

Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 23:12:51

Do you think the fact I’m going in, they will know it’s not me? Though you can actually tell, I am slightly worried that they don’t bloody believe me! Though i think that’s just stress and a bit of anxiety talking

frazzledasarock Sun 13-Oct-19 23:17:25

Tell them you were away on the days the pictures were taken (if true). Tell them you have witnesses to that.

Be very calm and professional. Also point out this has only happened since the new woman’s moved in.

Jaxhog Sun 13-Oct-19 23:19:55

Its called slander.

Explain that it isn't you to the letting agent. Give an alibi if necessary. And remind them of the above.

Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 23:22:08

1) one of the two dates shown in the pictures I was away with my nephew for 3 days and have pictures dated of that day. He is 4 so isn’t a witness unfortunately 😂!

2) my hair is a very very recognisable colour and length. Hers is a slightly similar colour and quite shorter in length.

3) I have been there for 3 years without any complaints until the last 3-6 months since new residents have moved in.

4) because I am not on the tenancy do I have the right to go in and request the woman who sent this letters time, surely I do? She has written about me?

5) would I be unreasonable to ask who gave my name? Just so I know to NEVER speak to them again

Sohololopopo Sun 13-Oct-19 23:25:38

@Jaxhog that’s exactly what I said to DP and he said I was being ridiculous. But I’m not. They’re ridiculous. They haven’t even asked if it was me, just threatened. This is what is really pissing me off.

I want to leave here. I dislike it anyway. DP still loves it, so this for me is just the icing on the cake.

MoonlightBonnet Sun 13-Oct-19 23:26:42

You could submit a data processing request, asking for all data the agency hold on you. They will probably still blank out the name of the person who named you though.

Whatisthisfuckery Sun 13-Oct-19 23:45:27

Oh OP I feel your rage. The property management company at my last flat blamed everything on me. One evening I had a nasty email saying that someone had been letting their dog do it’s business all over the grass and not cleaning up, and as I have a dog and I’m blind it must have been me, followed by a load of patronising bollocks about how we understand it must be hard for you but blah blah blah And we’ll have to charge you for ‘trauma cleaning’. It wasn’t fucking me, I always cleaned up after my dog, it was my downstairs neighbour. I bloody well told them so, but after that I got endless Nasty letters and emails accusing me of dumping rubbish and threatening me. It wasn’t me, it was never bloody me, I always dealt with my rubbish in the correct way.

I’d be in there raging if I were you. I’ve been the victim of a hate campaign like this and it’s horrible, makes you feel like shit. I’ve moved away now but it ruined my time there, made me ill and made my life a misery.

Sohololopopo Mon 14-Oct-19 00:03:15

@whatisthis I’m so sorry that they did this. I hate the scruffs as much as the management do.

I feel like a child being told off for something I’ve been blamed for when I’m innocent. It’s a disgrace. This woman is an adult and she has no tact or professionalism.

I kind of hope i don’t see her tomorrow. Because I don’t know if I’ll be able to help myself.

DP says I should go in all sweetness and light. I want a fucking apology. A written one. I want my name cleared. And if the other apartment has blamed this on me, I want her to know I KNOW!

Creepster Mon 14-Oct-19 00:20:51

Be as icy cold as you can while you speak of defamation. Save the original and take a copy with you when you demand a written apology.

Oakandlove Mon 14-Oct-19 00:24:29

Do as @creepster says - no emotion, browbeating attitude - speak of slander, defamation, ask who dared to make such accusations (they probably won't say' and ask for all the digital data.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »