Talk

Advanced search

To be angry that my husband ate them all?

(136 Posts)
M0nkeybutler Sun 13-Oct-19 20:12:36

Petty I know, but this has really annoyed me. I had a big bag of crisps in the cupboard that I bought on Friday and have been having a little handful here and there. They are my favourite crisps. Have just come down from the bath and 'd'h has eaten them all. He doesn't see anything wrong with this even though if I did it with something of his he would go mad. Then instead of apologising when he sees it's annoyed me, he comes up with all kind of arguments as to why I'm being u reasonable about it. 'They've been there for ages', 'there weren't that many left', etc etc. It's just not right to take something and have all of it. I wouldn't have minded if he'd had some, happy to share. But to eat them all and not see anything wrong with it?? Aargh!!

BlackeyedGruesome Sun 13-Oct-19 20:15:11

Yanbu. Selfish Twat.

M0nkeybutler Sun 13-Oct-19 20:15:56

@BlackeyedGruesome I know!!

strawberry2017 Sun 13-Oct-19 20:16:58

Maybe your little handfuls here and there were more then you realised and he did in fact just eat half?

Rhayader Sun 13-Oct-19 20:17:15

My husband ate all of the snacks I packed for myself while I was in labour. Including an entire sharing pack of jelly babies.

gwackywacky Sun 13-Oct-19 20:17:37

Pretty selfish really.

mankyfourthtoe Sun 13-Oct-19 20:20:53

Do the same back to him, using all his arguments

M0nkeybutler Sun 13-Oct-19 20:21:04

@strawberry2017 that could be the case but the thing I'm annoyed about is him eating everything that was left so even if there was only half left he was still being selfish.

FadedRed Sun 13-Oct-19 20:22:43

You need to find a better hiding place.

timshelthechoice Sun 13-Oct-19 20:22:55

What manky said.

phoenixrosehere Sun 13-Oct-19 20:23:19

YANBU

He knows they are your favourite and are them anyway. The least he could do was replace them. Plus, his excuses are poor. You got them on Friday and he says they’ve been there forever and Sunday isn’t even finished hmm

Casander Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:06

I was actually thinking about writing a similar post! I have this in my house and it drives me absolutely insane. I can't buy any type of treat or snack unless I want to eat it the second I get home, I can fill the biscuit tin up and within 24 hours it's totally empty and I've had none. Anything sweet, biscuits, cakes, crisps etc are just eaten instantly.

It's not just DH, DS14 will just help himself and devour the kitchen cupboards the second I bring the shopping home. I can buy a packet of kitkats for example and think "right there's 12 in a pack so they'll last until Friday" go the next day and they've all gone.

They all think I'm stingy and mean, I think they're greedy and have no self control! And it's really bloody rude to eat other people's favourite treats without at least saving them oneangry

Sorry OP, can you tell it's pissed me right off today tooblush

phoenixrosehere Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:09

* ate

ViserionTheDragon Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:40

Yep he was selfish. He should apologise and offer to buy a replacement packet.

Vulpine Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:42

Its just a bag o crisps

Windydaysuponus Sun 13-Oct-19 20:24:48

Ltb.

fruitinaheapisnotabirthdaycake Sun 13-Oct-19 20:25:05

Yanbu
Never come between a gal and her crisps/ choc/ booze etc

M0nkeybutler Sun 13-Oct-19 20:27:05

@Windydaysuponus I was waiting for the first LTB 😂😂. I know it's first world problems and all that but he's wound me right up. Not the first time either. He can be pretty selfish quite often.

Likethebattle Sun 13-Oct-19 20:27:26

DH did something similar. He opened the bag and ate less than half but he then left the bag completely open so they went soft and horrible. I am happy for him to have some if he would have folded over the bag.

Wearywithteens Sun 13-Oct-19 20:27:44

YANBU but being a (big fat greedy) crisp lover I understand him...the fact that you bought a packet on Friday and didn’t eat them in one go with half a bottle of wine means the crisps are fair game. Warning to anyone leaves unattended crisps in our cupboards - I will eat them!

SquirrelsInJune Sun 13-Oct-19 20:29:08

I'd take something of his. If you don't want to actually eat it then hide it somewhere. Let him be on the receiving end for a change.

He's selfish and greedy.

seaweedandmarchingbands Sun 13-Oct-19 20:29:36

You had eaten some? They had been there for ages? He ate the rest? Today is Sunday and they had been there since Friday?

Were the crisps made of Welsh gold? This wouldn’t be an event in my house.

ChickenyChick Sun 13-Oct-19 20:30:43

Really? You had some if the crisps, so has he

Everything is for sharing, and gone is gone in our house

Buy more crisps maybe? grin

Sparklesocks Sun 13-Oct-19 20:30:55

Ooh I’d be annoyed too, it’s the principle not the crisps!

Mintypea5 Sun 13-Oct-19 20:34:00

What were the crisp? Occasionally I buy myself a bag of my faves as a treat since I never get any of the other treats and I'm not really a sweets, biscuit / cake type of person ... I'd be annoyed if my special things got eaten without asking (if people ask fair enough) because everyone else gets their treats.

Also I'm hormonal and pregnant

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »