Talk

Advanced search

Drinks with no sweeteners

(145 Posts)
fluffymuggle Wed 09-Oct-19 12:45:20

Posting for traffic. Since the sugar tax it’s been hard to find drinks without sweeteners. All my favourites are ruined. Winter won’t be the same without a hot Ribena! Anyone know of anything I can buy? Struggling with HG and can’t keep water down but can keep other things down.

GinDaddy Wed 09-Oct-19 12:52:01

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AloeVeraLynn Wed 09-Oct-19 12:53:34

Message deleted by MNHQ as quoting a deleted post.

AloeVeraLynn Wed 09-Oct-19 12:53:43

*cant

AloeVeraLynn Wed 09-Oct-19 12:54:24

OP I've heard some of the store brand squash drinks don't have sweetener, I cant remember exactly which. Perhaps waitrose or sainsburys?

Stayawayfromitsmouth Wed 09-Oct-19 12:55:21

Fresh fruit juice? (not from concentrate)
You can still get original fizzy drinks in the supermarket.
I lived on vimto when I had morning (all day) sickness.

GinDaddy Wed 09-Oct-19 12:55:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RaininSummer Wed 09-Oct-19 12:56:15

My daughter has swapped her Ribena addiction for a Rocks blackcurrant cordial addiction. It is more expensive however.

fluffymuggle Wed 09-Oct-19 12:57:21

Only on Mumsnet could you get berated for a thread on sweeteners, that’s my entertainment for today😂 is Vimto still the same?

AloeVeraLynn Wed 09-Oct-19 12:57:47

Message deleted by MNHQ as referring to a deleted post.

newmumwithquestions Wed 09-Oct-19 12:58:23

Fever tree for fizzy drinks - I like the light versions as they’re still sweet but not sickly like some drinks. None of them have artificial sweeteners.
Some of the Waitrose own brand cordial.

Freddiefox Wed 09-Oct-19 12:58:57

Green cola, it’s quite expensive but I like it.. it takes a while to get used to it. It’s sweetened with stevia

Frazzlerock Wed 09-Oct-19 12:59:39

I was reminiscing about hot Ribena the other day. I really miss it.
I hate that sweeteners have been added to everything now.

I've had three miscarriages over the past 3.5 years, so don't like to take any risks, even when I'm in my post ov phase and not even sure if preg or not. I know I'm paranoid, but this is my life now sad I'm trying to make my body as pure as possible, so I find I have to just stick to water as there's barely anything out there without artificial crap in. Also sweeteners taste vile anyway.

Sorry, no advice. Just solidarity!

Yaflamingalah Wed 09-Oct-19 13:01:41

Waitrose 50% squash has no sweeteners. We drink it at work.

OnlyLittleMissOrganised Wed 09-Oct-19 13:02:24

There is a squash called rocks. It does blackcurrant orange and lemon flavours. All organic. It's really delicious.

Samsamsuperman Wed 09-Oct-19 13:02:48

Fresh fruit juice mixed with fizzy water? X

PutThatDown10 Wed 09-Oct-19 13:03:18

Asda do their own high juice without sweetener. I won't go near most sweeteners as they tend to give me headaches.

StarlightIntheNight Wed 09-Oct-19 13:04:46

Its so frustrating isn't it? I would happily pay more money to have a normal soda when I want one! I rarely ever do, but the rare occasion it would be nice to not have it ruined with sweetner. I am pregnant so once a week I like a fizzy drink as I am not drinking wine. So I drink a sparkling water with apple juice mixed in, by Cawsten.

DriftingLeaves Wed 09-Oct-19 13:06:53

Sainsbury's classic lemonade has no sweeteners and, of course, original coke.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 09-Oct-19 13:08:47

As well as Waitrose and Asda, M&S also do sweetner free blackcurrant high juice. All very nice. One of them does a grapefruit one that's also lovely.

But it's maddening how much choice has reduced since the introduction of the sugar tax. In the high juice ranges, it's common for there to be about 7 different flavours in the no added sugar varieties and then only 2 or 3 in the full sugar ones.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Wed 09-Oct-19 13:09:08

Belvoir cordial. The blueberry and blackcurrant is amazing

Bonkerz Wed 09-Oct-19 13:11:21

Fever free lemonade. Appletiser. Fentimens. Also just found ASDA have a no sweetner squash. I found getting drinks when out is a nightmare now. Sweetners give me terrible diarrhoea very quickly. Even when it says no artificial sweeteners it contains stevia which is just as bad.

adaline Wed 09-Oct-19 13:11:44

You can get organic Cola which doesn't have sweeteners. It's a bit more expensive but tastes really good.

www.karmacola.co.uk

They do other drinks too!

ColdRainAgain Wed 09-Oct-19 13:13:41

We buy these now.
I'm struggling with a hot drink tho. Only really drink something hot when ill - and ribena was it. Not found a replacement yet.

mumofpickles Wed 09-Oct-19 13:14:20

Sainsburys do their own squash in a no sweetener range. You can
Get blackcurrant, orange and apple and mango. Just look for the circle logo that says no added sweetener. They are really nice. I miss ribena too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »