Talk

Advanced search

Birth Annoucements

(22 Posts)
LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 22:28:13

This was mine:
"Catriona Rowan was born on Friday 12noon weighing 8lb 5oz. Pictures on profile. I forgot how good this feels"

simple? yes? why do we need to have peoples 300 page memoirs printed?

3Ddonut Mon 13-Aug-07 22:33:33

YABU (sorry) it's a big event and it has such an impact on you life, it's only natural to want to share....plus, if you lay it all on the line, then you don't have to answer loads of questions, it's all there.

TigerFeet Mon 13-Aug-07 22:34:10

I disagree.

I want details, gory or otherwise

Particularly if it's someone I "know"

Catriona Rowan - gorgeous name, beautiful baby

So tell me, how was the birth?

3Ddonut Mon 13-Aug-07 22:36:23

Yes, didn't even look at your profile before posting, beautiful baby and dd!!!!

VeniVidiVickiQV Mon 13-Aug-07 22:37:42

YABU.

Although admittedly, there are some folks birth stories who id be less inclined to read than others.

Each to their own.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 13-Aug-07 22:39:28

So what if someone wants to share their experience. Sometimes (especially if it has been traumatic) it helps to share/type out. Dont be so darn grumpy

Congratulations on birth of your dd She looks gorgeaus and her big sister looks very proud.

SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 22:41:05

I lkike reading them cos I am nosy and if people want to share them with me I feel happy. If people just want to share a name weight and time thats fine too as there are enough people thatgive me teh blood and gore I crave

hertsnessex Mon 13-Aug-07 22:41:58

yabu. its great to read.

cx

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 22:44:36

okay i'll have this thread deleted, its just i spent ten minutes of my life (10 mins i'll never get back you realise) reading someones a few days ago.

KristinaM Mon 13-Aug-07 22:48:31

yanbu if you have in fact just given birth recently ( hormones, exhaustion etc). esp if it involved a ventouse

otherwise you are being a grumpy old git

FluffyMummy123 Mon 13-Aug-07 22:49:16

Message withdrawn

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 22:59:39

could somebody fluent in cod please translate that for me
xx

MamaMaiasaura Mon 13-Aug-07 23:05:05

lol - never been fluent in cod.

hunkermunker Mon 13-Aug-07 23:12:40

What about if people ask for details?

Or were you just pissed off nobody did?

SlightlyMadSpider Mon 13-Aug-07 23:13:33

i haet tha farkign story = I hate that farking story

o you hada baby done = You had a baby. Done

<I think>

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 23:17:22

not pissed off, just wondering why

hunkermunker Mon 13-Aug-07 23:21:27

Some people find it a nice thing to do, to bring all their thoughts about their birth together - you can argue that it's not necessary to post it on MN, but you can argue that about pretty much every post - and in a topic called "birth announcements" I think you're being unreasonable to object.

Some people type fast and are naturally chatty.

Some people get asked for more details.

And some people don't spend 10 minutes they know they'll object to spending reading a birth announcement they don't want to read.

So, yes, YABU!

LieselVentouse Mon 13-Aug-07 23:31:56

not arguing or objecting - just intrigued - i dont want to post the said BA as that would be really cruel to someone whos just given birth but there was a lot of fluid description and I was having my shredded wheat at the time

Carbonel Mon 13-Aug-07 23:39:14

That'll teach you to multi task

hunkermunker Mon 13-Aug-07 23:40:49

You don't have to read birth announcements, LV

unknownrebelbang Mon 13-Aug-07 23:43:36

YABU.

But then maybe IABU, cos I don't read the birth announcements, but do read the AIBU? topics, lol.

bran Mon 13-Aug-07 23:48:48

If people can't post about the nitty gritty of giving birth on MN then where can they do it? Better here where it can be read by those who are interested and ignored by those who aren't than in rl to friends who are too polite to say "Stop".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now