Talk

Advanced search

Next door neighbours puddles. Thread two.

(620 Posts)
rainypuddles Mon 07-Oct-19 15:56:57

I can't believe it needs a thread two but I need you guys for my sanity. Thanks for all the love.

DarlingNikita Mon 07-Oct-19 16:00:36

Hi OP. Can’t believe latest update confused There’s something wrong with them, surely.

I’ll say again: call the police. Every time. Unapologetically.

rainypuddles Mon 07-Oct-19 16:06:42

They've said to keep adding online to the current incident, which I have done already and got a very quick response. Obviously to call them if needed too.

WitchDancer Mon 07-Oct-19 16:07:47

I would be phoning the police every time they intimidate you too. It's not normal behaviour, in fact it's downright disgusting.

The only thing I would be doing is cleaning the ally if your cats do their business there.

pooopypants Mon 07-Oct-19 16:10:29

I've followed from the start OP but never commented. You have the patience of a bloody saint, I'd have punched one of them by now!!!

Please PLEASE record them when they're hammering on your door, in the alleyway etc, don't even try to hide so they can see you're not a pushover. Or hide / do it discreetly but either way - RECORD THEM AT IT!!! That's your ammunition OP, they sound relentless.

I'm genuinely gobsmacked that grown adults can behave like this, they sound like they all need professional help.

NettleTea Mon 07-Oct-19 16:16:09

Ive just read this whole thread. These people are crazy. Totally crazy. But sadly there are people like this out there.

rainypuddles Mon 07-Oct-19 16:16:10

@WitchDancer I have never once known them to do so. Their issue was that cats were walking in the alleyway.

TwattingDog Mon 07-Oct-19 16:16:49

OP, I've just bought this £40 indoor CCTV camera for my house: www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-tech/smart-tech/smart-home/smart-security-and-cctv/tp-link-kasa-spot-kc100-full-hd-1080p-wifi-security-camera-10195982-pdt.html

You can dial in using an app to see it live, or see recordings. It's a really good quality image - especially for the price. It also records sound. I'd highly recommend you put one in a window / covering your front door. Be cautious about whether it sees into next door though, as that would give them something to bitch about.

BananasAreTheSourceOfEvil Mon 07-Oct-19 16:19:23

Can they not be logged as separate incidents to highlight that this is the amounts of times per day this is happening and how bat shit it all is?

Is the gate yours in their garden?

whiskersonkittenss Mon 07-Oct-19 16:20:45

I thought my neighbours were bad. yours are bat shit.

WitchDancer Mon 07-Oct-19 16:22:07

Then there's nothing you need to do. It only crossed my mind because they'd put some on your doorstep and I wondered if it was from the alley. No offence meant I promise!

TwattingDog Mon 07-Oct-19 16:24:37

Who owns that gate? Is it joint property? If so, it could be theft or criminal damage by them.

Windydaysuponus Mon 07-Oct-19 16:25:25

You need a sign of your own.
Dcats - please stop walking down the alley.
Op.

That should stop them!!

Keep updating as necessary to the police op.

hairyheadphones Mon 07-Oct-19 16:25:41

What were they hammering in? Was it a really high gate they think the cats won’t be able to climb?

Blahblahblahnanana Mon 07-Oct-19 16:27:01

Just adding this here as you’ve started a new thread. Hope you’re ok. I’d buy one of those video door cameras then you can record stuff, it might deter them a bit too.

Few questions as it’s beyond ridiculous now.

- re your insurance company asking you to contact your neighbours insurance company, did you talk about the roof/guttering and the issues it’s causing to your property or did you mention the harassment/garden draining issues?

- Whose garden is the gate lying in?

- Where have they dug the cat poo up from?is it your cats, or some other random cats?

- does the alley way that runs between your homes actually smell? If so, is it blocked drains or are the cats using the alley way as a toilet?

- how do the neighbours have so much time on their hands to be able to come around to their parents so often?

Potential solutions to your neighbours and their children’s bat shit behaviour:
- don’t under any circumstance:
- engage in any conversation outside of your home.
- react to any intimidation/banging on your door/wall/sounding their car horn.
- answer your door.

Do
- call the police and report all harassment from the neighbours and their children.
- get a solicitors letter to request that they stop all harassment.
- try and keep your cats inside/or cat proof your garden so that they have a safe space. Or, which you shouldn’t have to do, look into rehoming them. I have cats, and honestly I’d be scared stiff letting the cats outside having bat shit neighbours like yours, and fear that they will attempt to cause the cats harm.
- poor star drops or something similar into the drains of the alley way. Do not poor or on the floor as it will probably freeze and cause the neighbours to go further crazy bat shit!

rainypuddles Mon 07-Oct-19 16:27:13

@WitchDancer no offence taken. Just wanted to make it clear. It had soil on so they'd dug it up.

@TwattingDog joint gate, joint alleyway - was there when we moved in.

@Windydaysuponus oh that made me laugh for the first time all day!

Blahblahblahnanana Mon 07-Oct-19 16:29:14

Meant pour not poor stardrops 🤣

rainypuddles Mon 07-Oct-19 16:31:15

@Blahblahblahnanana

- re your insurance company asking you to contact your neighbours insurance company, did you talk about the roof/guttering and the issues it’s causing to your property or did you mention the harassment/garden draining issues?
I contacted them when the damage was done to my roof and guttering and explained the whole situation as part of my answer as to why I couldn't resolve this like a normal person.

- Whose garden is the gate lying in?
Theirs.

- Where have they dug the cat poo up from?is it your cats, or some other random cats?
I have no idea. There a millions of cats around here. There's no way of telling really is there?
Although thinking about it, they have the same alarm thing in their garden and I know from when they put the extra one on my drain that my cats are terrified so I'm wondering if my cats even go near their garden?!

- does the alley way that runs between your homes actually smell? If so, is it blocked drains or are the cats using the alley way as a toilet?
It doesn't smell to me or my children so I doubt very much an elderly couple can smell anything that we can't?

- how do the neighbours have so much time on their hands to be able to come around to their parents so often?
I know!!!

Blahblahblahnanana Mon 07-Oct-19 16:31:36

Oh and for things where they are in the car beeping their car horn, i’d open the window and very visibly record them on your phone, then close the window and curtains.

Apolloanddaphne Mon 07-Oct-19 16:33:12

They are intimidating you for sure.

PancakeAndKeith Mon 07-Oct-19 16:34:15

Can someone please link to the original thread please?

Blahblahblahnanana Mon 07-Oct-19 16:34:53

Ok, so from looking at the photo of their garden there are no puddles in their garden... there garden actually looks a bit of a shit tip! 😂

Re the cats can you cat proof the garden? Or will the cats stay inside?

Can you afford a solicitors letter and the door video thing?

LolaSmiles Mon 07-Oct-19 16:35:30

How are they still at this?

What sort of person has time for this sort of targeted harassment? It's weird.

Icantthinkofanewname87 Mon 07-Oct-19 16:35:33

Can someone link to other thread please? Was following with interest but seems to have been updates I’ve missed and can’t remember the title!

Blahblahblahnanana Mon 07-Oct-19 16:36:07

Previous thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3529576-to-not-pay-for-building-work-for-neighbours-puddles-i-kid-you-not?msgid=90638261#90638261

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »