Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at my neighbour who has four mega skips put on the road today in a controlled parking area?

(32 Posts)
IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 19:07:59

FGS! What is wrong with ordering one, then getting another one once the previous one is full?

He had three installed this morning and I have just found yet more cones outside of my house awaiting for yet another skip.

Is it possible to complain to someone in the council? After all, the skips are taking the space used to park 8 cars, and the work is taking place in a 4 bedroomed family house. And... have to say that we all pay to the council to park in our street!

alipiggie Mon 13-Aug-07 19:09:15

If it's permit parking he should have had to apply for a special permit for the skip from what I remember. Ring the council and ask.

MrsMar Mon 13-Aug-07 19:13:16

it is frustrating, but presumably he's paid the council for the spaces, our council charge per 5m space (ie what they think is enough for one car/van) so if he's got four then he's probably paid for four. If your council are anything like the smug scumbags on our council then they won't give a toss cos they've made a nice packet thank you very much!

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 19:19:37

It would be nice if the coucil considered the needs of the rest of the neighbours too, after all we are also paying for those spaces (and at aprox £100 in average per car, they don't come cheap at all!)

aloha Mon 13-Aug-07 19:20:49

If it was outside my house I'd move the cones and park there!

kookaburra Mon 13-Aug-07 19:21:07

FOUR??????? What is he doing? Serve him right if all the neghbours come round and dump their stuff in there

McEdam Mon 13-Aug-07 19:22:25

How irritating. Check with the council that he has actually arranged this properly.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 19:26:18

I'm very tempted to do that Aloha! (actually I feel more like stealing the cones and allow someone else to park in there as my car at least has a space now).

I supose he is demolishing his house and the ones of the neighbours to the sides. Otherwise I don't understand why he needs so many and all at the same time.

paulaplumpbottom Mon 13-Aug-07 19:28:45

It is irritating but if its only a day or two couldn't you be neighborly and let it pass? One day you may be in the same position. He should have said to you first though. He is obviously doing some work and his house is probably a mess, why not offer to ccok him dinner instead?

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 19:31:50

What gets in my nerves is that he has a garden design company and parks his trucks outside, as well as the family cars, and another skip that has been there for at least 3 months... having said that... he also has a big garage for 2 cars at the back of his property which he doesn't use.

So, its becoming very very irritating.

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 20:33:54

SELFISH

Him not you.

Why not get rid of anything you dont want into his skips?

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 20:46:56

Havins said that... we have just replaced our mattress, should a king size mattress, 2 pallets, an old bike, a malfunctioning printer and a microwave I hate in his skips would be enough to even things out? Perhaps I should declutter my attic tonight too

kickassangel Mon 13-Aug-07 20:53:40

most skip companies won't place a skip until they've seen the necessary permits - they also have to be properly lit at night and a certain distance away from junctions. i would definitely complain about them - most streets have a limit on how many parking places each household is allowed where there are permits, so it is reasonable to enquire about why he has so many.

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 20:57:34

Do it! declutter your attics/drawers/cupboards/garden shed everything.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 20:58:31

I may be getting PMS, I'm also considering the idea of putting H in it...

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 20:59:26

Can't believe it, it's almost nine and he's still dumping things with an excavator into the skips. Charming!

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:01:18

tosser! can you go and ask him not to as its waking your child? sorry about punctuation but i'm eating an ice cream with one hand

MerlinsBeard Mon 13-Aug-07 21:05:36

round here you need a permit to park a skip on the road so it is worth a ring to the council to see if he has 4 skip parking permits. If he doesn't then go dumo your stuff under coverof darkness then complain to the council!!

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:07:35

Actually, it had crossed my mind to ring th number on the sides of the skips and tell them they are not needed anymore, could they please come to collect them ? [green]

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:08:15

"green" with fury of course!

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:17:20

sorry to be thick, but wheres he parking his trucks & cars?? Do you have his vehicles PLUS the skips on the road.
It was a Magnum by the way & it was lovely

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:25:23

Of course, the vehicles are parked down the road!

about the Magnus

His wife should be in Mumsnet, as soon as I complained here about the excavator they stopped working. [loos warily around]

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:33:27

eyes open for a thread about unreasonable neighbours stealing skips. Heh heh heh

What I was thinking was that if he has skips plus vehicles he is taking up others' parking spaces with vehicles. So it won't be just you who's pissed off, join forces.

I might have to be physically held back from eating another Magnum!I have 2 in the freezer.

IsabelWatchingItRainInMacondo Mon 13-Aug-07 21:39:11

Oh please, Onetiredmummy, stop torturing me with the Magnums

onetiredmummy Mon 13-Aug-07 21:43:09

I'm sorry, they're on my mind.

What about a yummy tomato instead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now