Talk

Advanced search

How would you feel if you received this email?

(545 Posts)
SamCam349 Fri 20-Sep-19 00:49:48

Is this (below) a nice email to receive? What would you think of the sender who wrote it??

‘I will reluctantly speak to you next Tuesday to attempt to address your discriminatory actions. As I mentioned last week, I, personally, do not consider you to be that important, and I would not be entertaining this call were your manager not also be participating.’

SamCam349 Fri 20-Sep-19 00:52:42

Vote:

YANBU - The email is not nice
YABU - The email is nice

PeterthePainter Fri 20-Sep-19 00:52:57

I would think that you have pissed the recipient off in spades!

MissPepper8 Fri 20-Sep-19 00:53:43

Person is an arse who thinks very highly of themselves

joyfullittlehippo Fri 20-Sep-19 00:54:07

It’s obviously not a nice email, it’s outright hostile and borderline abusive.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Fri 20-Sep-19 00:58:03

Slightly more detail needed like a vague idea what has gone on.

It could be that your actions are racist/homophobic/disablist/agest/sexist and the sender quite rightly doesn't want to themselves in a vulnerable position dealing with you

Or it could be that the sender is highly strung and thinks a lot of themselves

Without a little more information about what has caused the email to be sent who knows??!

100PercentThatBitch Fri 20-Sep-19 01:04:12

The email is obviously not nice and would never be described as nice.

The bigger question it leaves is :

Is it justified/accurate in the circumstances?

madcatladyforever Fri 20-Sep-19 01:07:15

What is the back story to this?

Morado Fri 20-Sep-19 01:07:20

What did you do?! hmm confused

HappyBumbleBee Fri 20-Sep-19 01:13:19

I'd think whoever sent it was a complete dick who is sat up on their self constructed pedestool looking down on people from a great height! (ie a dick)!

SamCam349 Fri 20-Sep-19 01:14:12

It is very difficult for me to explain the backstory. I just wanted to get an idea of the tone of the email, and how one would typically expect to feel on receiving it.

Shatteredmummy30 Fri 20-Sep-19 01:14:40

oh no someone isn't happy with you.. i'd be pee'd off to recieve that

CSIblonde Fri 20-Sep-19 01:15:04

(Sorry, but the voting thing is pointless faff to me) ..... It's hostile: & a warning shot across the bows (think that's the right phrase). I'd be making very sure I was prepared for said meeting. What did you do?! Discrimination as in their sex, disability or sexuality? Or was it perceived favoritism by you to a client or coworker?

Shatteredmummy30 Fri 20-Sep-19 01:15:11

receive **

Gingernaut Fri 20-Sep-19 01:15:27

I'd need to see/hear the back story to this.

For any number of reasons, the writer may have right on his/her side, but that is one pissed off writer.

HappyBumbleBee Fri 20-Sep-19 01:15:49

Ps is not very professional either.... If it's to discuss discriminatory actions the receiver of the email has committed - but that's hard to tell as there's no further information

Neveam Fri 20-Sep-19 01:15:58

Sounds like an email DP would send to someone who has pissed him off at work. Continuously.

BritInUS1 Fri 20-Sep-19 01:17:18

Hard to say out of context - what was the tone of the interactions prior to this?

BlueBirdGreenFence Fri 20-Sep-19 01:20:13

Depends. If they think you were racist/homophobic etc towards them then they're probably really angry. Totally depends on what happened.

BananasAreTheSourceOfEvil Fri 20-Sep-19 01:20:34

Well someone's obviously pissed off with you.

Is it from a colleague at the same level or a manager? It doesnt come across as written in a professional manner from either, but more so if it is from a manager. Whoever it is, is definitely trying to assert that they have some form of moral high ground/importance above you.

Context is kind of key here OP!

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Fri 20-Sep-19 01:22:41

It doesn't really make much sense (even without knowing the backstory).

I can't tell if the meeting is happening (a) because the manager has asked for it, or (b) because the writer wouldn't be willing to meet without a third party present.

I think it could still display the same displeasure, but be shorter and clearer. I don't think it's really designed to be "nice" is it?!

sofato5miles Fri 20-Sep-19 01:23:03

Oh dear, what did you do?

7salmonswimming Fri 20-Sep-19 01:23:13

The sender is offended by you, and doesn’t care for or about you.

What on Earth have you done to have someone feel this way about you?! That’s some cold shit there!

isabellerossignol Fri 20-Sep-19 01:24:39

I think from the question being asked that perhaps OP is thinking of sending the email.

In which case I'd say don't do it, unless you want someone to think you are a monumental arse. Even if the other person has indeed been offensive, that email is not the way to address it.

VenusTiger Fri 20-Sep-19 01:27:01

The sender can’t be arsed (as in doesn’t care for you or your actions) or is too angry to deal with the issue.
Sounds like they’ve had enough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »