Talk

Advanced search

to think that some people on mn come across as really agressive, nasty and mean

(235 Posts)
michie40 Thu 09-Aug-07 19:38:33

Not been on mn very long and have not seen all the previous posts that have gone on - but i think we should be allowed to express our views on subjects (that may already have been covered) without people swearing and making snide remarks about other posters. It just makes me feel a bit reluctant to post anything else and I can't believe I am the only one to feel like this.

FioFio Thu 09-Aug-07 19:39:13

Message withdrawn

lulumama Thu 09-Aug-07 19:40:43

you are probably not the only one to feel like this, but if a particualr person has offended you , then you should CAT them, and sort it that way

or you have to ignore , rise above, and find plenty of other threads....MN is huge, easy to get focused on one or two posters or threads

also certain topics do generate a very polarised response

meandmyflyingmachine Thu 09-Aug-07 19:41:04

But look at the threads where someone really needs support. They get it for sure.

But if it is just an opinion then it is open season...

filthymindedvixen Thu 09-Aug-07 19:41:31

the smell of... fear

michie40, MN is just like society - nice people, narsty rough sweary types, thickos, smarty pants, dreamers, fools, trend-setters, movers, shakers, mystics, poets and clowns.
Get over it and get stuck in

GoingThroughChanges Thu 09-Aug-07 19:41:53

Not been on mn very long

says it all really, doesn't it?

Gobbledigook Thu 09-Aug-07 19:42:09

ROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

harpsichordcarrier Thu 09-Aug-07 19:42:51

michie40, could you be more specific? do you have a particular thread or poster in mind?
otherwise, what is the point of this thread?

michie40 Thu 09-Aug-07 19:42:58

I know your right Lulumama - you've helped me before when I was pregnant with dd2 - so thanks. Some comments just got me a bit wound up. Your a very wise women!

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 09-Aug-07 19:44:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GoingThroughChanges Thu 09-Aug-07 19:44:12

WOMAN too

rantinghousewife Thu 09-Aug-07 19:44:51

Internet forums are just like real life, lovie, some people (the minority) you wouldn't cross the road to p on but, most people are helpful and supportive and if they're not, why should you care? You're never going to be forced to take tea with them.

harpsichordcarrier Thu 09-Aug-07 19:45:54

don't be too sure
I might force you to take tea with me
<brandishes sugar tongs menacingly>

Tautology Thu 09-Aug-07 19:46:00

Twould be tedious if everyone was fluffy and squidgy though.

rantinghousewife Thu 09-Aug-07 19:46:22

Rofl hc

lulumama Thu 09-Aug-07 19:46:34

i try !

anyhoo, don;t get hung up on it

remember, blanket for maude, and mile for maude, and all the spport for misdee's DH, adn all the other offers of help when times are tough for MNetters...

EricGallagher Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:14

There are posters who have MN persona, which is so far from their RL one it's shocking.

Some of them are as dull as dishwater in real life, with the personality of a used cotton bud. But with the help of a keyboard and Google, they're the Funniest Person Ever.

lulumama Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:22

i hope i get forcefed a cream tea !

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:25

LittleBellatrixLeBoot Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:30

Probably a bit unreasonable, yes.

I think until you've been around on a forum for a while and have got to "know" people, it's probably always unreasonable to make a snap judgement about them.

filthymindedvixen Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:37

ooh harpsi <<quivers in slightly thrilled manner at the idea of taking tea by force>>>

nightowl Thu 09-Aug-07 19:47:55

michie, mumsnet is great for support, humour and also a row if you feel inclined. fluffy it aint, but real it is. (that was almost poetic )

(ps, im one of the thickos, so am too stupid to take offence much )

MaloryTowersHasManners Thu 09-Aug-07 19:48:01

Tautology Thu 09-Aug-07 19:48:24

Earl Grey under duress!
<<trembles with anticipation>>

harpsichordcarrier Thu 09-Aug-07 19:48:45

<have tea strainer, not afraid to use it>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now