Talk

Advanced search

To think you don’t dictate this?

(73 Posts)
Cherrypurple Wed 11-Sep-19 17:10:24

A friend has left some items of clothing at my house for nearing 2 months now. They have only been interested in collecting them within the past week. They have been dictating when they will be collecting their clothes instead of asking me when I’m available. I’m very sick with HG in early pregnancy, do not have the energy to get to the door and my OH is at work. AIBU to think if you leave your items in someone else’s property then it is up to them when you can get your items? Within a reasonable time frame of course. She’s called me 5 times in a row and is pressuring for her to come at 6pm last minute. It’s really annoying and I feel like saying piss off! It’s literally a few T-shirt’s and some leggings, nothing special.

Cherrypurple Wed 11-Sep-19 17:14:18

Oh lovely, she is now threatening me with police action saying someone has recommended she call them. Would they do anything? I really don’t need the police at my door when I’m illsad

NeverHadANickname Wed 11-Sep-19 17:17:00

Could you leave them outside at the front door? She is being ridiculous to try and force it last minute after not bothering for ages.

HeadintheiClouds Wed 11-Sep-19 17:18:12

Leave them on the doorstep and ignore her from now on confused. You have some very strange friends.

Cherrypurple Wed 11-Sep-19 17:18:20

I’m going to wait until OH gets home and let him deal with it. It’s very upsetting that she’s threatened me with the police and I’ll certainly be rethinking my friendship! I’ve googled a bit and the police say it’s more of a civil matter so not so worried. I’m sure the police have more serious things to deal with

Sodamncaughtinthemiddle Wed 11-Sep-19 17:18:36

Just leave them next to the front door.
If you are in and she is coming to your house just hand them to her

TixieLix Wed 11-Sep-19 17:20:38

Can't you say you're not in OP? If she knows you're there then just respond that the time doesn't work for you as you're very ill/about to go out, whatever excuse you feel appropriate. The police really would not get involved with this.

CSIblonde Wed 11-Sep-19 17:21:23

Leave then under a bush in the front garden. Or on the doorstep in a bin bag as any thief would think its just rubbish.

Hannah021 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:21:40

No don't leave them outside by the door, she can escalate that you left her stuff to be stolen, just take a deep breath, and let the lady in by 6:00pm and never ever deal with her again.

Two months, now she wants them in 2 minutes! Disgusting attitude; no you're not being unreasonable.

TixieLix Wed 11-Sep-19 17:21:49

Or as others have said, leave them outside. I'd text her back saying they're in a bag next to the bin grin.

AryaStarkWolf Wed 11-Sep-19 17:22:47

not much of a friend if she's threatening you with the Police over some leggings, fuck them outside and tell her they're there

WhatsMyPassword Wed 11-Sep-19 17:22:58

oh the drama

dollydaydream114 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:24:08

Your friend is obviously being ridiculous about calling the police (who will not give a shit anyway) but I personally would have mustered up the energy to walk a few yards to the door, hand over the clothes and walk the few yards back to bed just to get it sorted. Or at least just leave the stuff in a bag on the doorstep for her.

Then I'd never speak to the mad woman again.

SunshineAngel Wed 11-Sep-19 17:30:38

She sounds like a pain in the arse. Definitely let your DH deal with her. Tell her she will have to come at a time he's there, as you're really not well.

I hate it when people leave things at my house and then don't bother to collect them anyway, as I have more than enough clutter of my own!

Samosaurus Wed 11-Sep-19 17:30:52

From her point of view (I suppose) you are at home but refusing to let her collect them, although threatening you with the police is a bit bonkers. Offer to leave them just outside the front door.

Steviestamborine Wed 11-Sep-19 17:33:27

How do you know this crazy woman?
Just try to get the energy to go to the door, give her the clothes then block her everywhere. Police indeed...I assume if by some weird process they did come you’d answer the door to them though, sooner you give her the clothes the sooner you can forget her.

timshelthechoice Wed 11-Sep-19 17:33:33

Just meet her at the door this once, surely you have to get up to use the toilet or get a drink of water, so what's the difference between that and this? Give her back her shit and then block her, she's no friend.

TheAlternativeTentacle Wed 11-Sep-19 17:35:44

'Hi friend. Why not just ask me when I'll be in instead of demanding and calling the police? Simples'.

Butterymuffin Wed 11-Sep-19 17:37:36

The police will not be remotely interested.

Cheeserton Wed 11-Sep-19 17:39:46

Your 'friend' is threatening you with the Police because she left some leggings at your house? She's fucking unhinged and she sure as hell isn't your friend...

lolaflores Wed 11-Sep-19 17:39:56

Oh yeah...they'll blue light two policemen round to sort out her abandoned clothing. Give her the stuff. Get her out of you life.

fedup21 Wed 11-Sep-19 17:40:32

Surely you can open the door?

If she knows you’re in and just not letting her collect, that’s just weird. Just give them to her and then close the door. Then you will be free of this stress.

Hederex Wed 11-Sep-19 17:43:35

1. Clothes on doorstep unless your HG is so bad you truly can't get up.
2. Text her to say what you've done.
3. Block her forever.

Seeline Wed 11-Sep-19 17:45:01

Those saying you only have to open the door haven't suffered HG! Just the thought of having to do something at a certain time was enough to have me rushing for the loo again.

OP leave it for your DP to deal with.

pictish Wed 11-Sep-19 17:47:18

Just put the bag out on the doorstep. Job done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »