Talk

Advanced search

To think women don't buy smelly socks online?

(21 Posts)
thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 09:55:26

Light-hearted debate with male colleague...

No idea how this came up...think it might have been born of a discussion yesterday about Tarantino's alledged foot fetish.

I said I had never heard of a woman with a foot fetish and suspected it was really only men who buy worn socks/shoes/undies (boak) online.

He thinks people are all equally weird and some just talk about it more than others.

Bit intense for first thing in the morning perhaps but I'm throwing this open to the MN jury! AIBU?

fiveleftfeet Wed 11-Sep-19 09:56:47

I have no proof but yes I think you're right, it's men who have weird foot fetishes etc not women.

IAmALazyArse Wed 11-Sep-19 09:57:19

Women just don't talk about it. Because they would be judged much harsher than man when it comes to these things...

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 09:59:43

Women just don't talk about it. Because they would be judged much harsher than man when it comes to these things

Well you're not wrong there for sure.

As an aside, found an interesting theory that the sensory bits in your brain for your bits and your feet are side by side so there could be some cross sensation which could potentially cause food fetishism in some people. I find it weirdly fascinating because I can't stand other people's feet

Diagonalli Wed 11-Sep-19 10:07:43

I'm the same, hate feet (even my own) & don't get it at all. Maybe women don't have the same foot fetish's because men's feet are that much uglier & smellier

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 11:44:24

The buying worn pants thing is just completely beyond me (also v.bad for the environment surely? The amount of pants they get through a and probably all from Primark or similar)

WilburIsSomePig Wed 11-Sep-19 11:46:45

I'm sure some women would have a foot fetish about other women's feet but I really can't see anyone on the face of the earth having a fetish about men's feet. * I am using DHs feet as a benchmark here so I may be being unfair ...

MephistophelesApprentice Wed 11-Sep-19 11:47:33

Women's sexuality has been crushed by the patriarchy, making them (on average) much less willing to explore any kinks or interests that deviate too far from oppressive norms.

fiveleftfeet Wed 11-Sep-19 11:51:03

I'm not sure liberating women from the patriarchy would result in us discovering previously suppressed foot fetishes!

Foot fetishes don't strike me as the product of particularly healthy minds.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 11-Sep-19 11:56:03

You don't see many women-babies either now do you?
Men are a funny lot...

Tableclothing Wed 11-Sep-19 12:04:23

www.medicinenet.com/paraphilia/article.htm#paraphilia_facts

Interesting. "Except for masochism, which is 20 times more common in women, paraphilias occur almost exclusively in men."

NotDavidTennant Wed 11-Sep-19 12:12:45

This is one of those areas where the idea there are no differences between men and women clashes with reality. It's fairly obvious that most fetishistic sexual activity is conducted by men.

70sWitch Wed 11-Sep-19 12:22:43

Broadly, women fantasise but men fetishise (and fantasise I guess)
Fetishism in women seems to be pretty rare
Let's face it. Men are weird grin

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 12:29:12

You don't see many women-babies either now do you?

I saw a telly program about one. She had suffered horrific abuse growing up and said it made her feel safe sad Didn't seem to be a sexual thing tbh it seemed like a slow motion psychological breakdown.

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 12:30:39

Foot fetishes don't strike me as the product of particularly healthy minds

I don't understand it at all but it doesn't seem harmful either.

RunsForGummyBears Wed 11-Sep-19 12:35:41

I'm going to paraphrase Dan Savage here, but better the foot fetishist you know then the necrophiliac you don't! 😉😅

Ringdonna Wed 11-Sep-19 12:38:19

Apparently the worn pants trade is very lucrative men buying them to sniff and do other practices with.

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 13:51:57

Apparently the worn pants trade is very lucrative men buying them to sniff and do other practices with

I wonder if I know anyone that does this - I wonder what the average purchaser is!

fiveleftfeet Wed 11-Sep-19 14:10:59

The worn women's shoes trade is lucrative also. If you see someone selling really manky old shoes on ebay for example and wonder within earth anyone would buy them it could be this.

But before you think this is easy money for old rope (or shoes, even), I think it's a bit like sex work as IIRC the owners of the shoes engage do with the men buying them over messages.

Ekkohdear Wed 11-Sep-19 14:14:18

NC.

I have kept worn knickers and I am a woman.
That was from a LDR partner though. Not a randomer. And I certainly didn't pay.

And I do have kinks. I think women just are alot more private about things.

thisnamechanger Wed 11-Sep-19 19:34:19

*I have kept worn knickers and I am a woman.
That was from a LDR partner though. Not a randomer. And I certainly didn't pay*

I feel like charging someone in those circumstances would be super weird 😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »