Talk

Advanced search

Three year old with wierd night time activity

(15 Posts)
Gollyfot Tue 10-Sep-19 23:57:26

Three year old gets put into bed every night .

Every night after we r gone he gets his blanket and rolls himself in it and then rolls UNDERNEATH his nearly two year old siblings cot .

Every night we have to find him under there asleep and then then put him back in his bed .

AIBU to think this is really wierd

iklboo Wed 11-Sep-19 00:01:34

I used to come downstairs and sleep on the bottom shelf of my parents' coffee table.

Gollyfot Wed 11-Sep-19 00:04:01

Do you know why ?

taytosandwich Wed 11-Sep-19 00:04:01

Aww that sounds cute. Maybe get him a dream tent so he can get the security of an enclosed space without having to leave his bed.

Gollyfot Wed 11-Sep-19 00:04:46

Is he not secure?

taytosandwich Wed 11-Sep-19 00:06:48

I don't know, I've never met him confused just a suggestion.

AlunWynsKnee Wed 11-Sep-19 00:06:58

Does he want bunk beds so he's trying to do that?

Gollyfot Wed 11-Sep-19 00:10:56

I don’t think he knows about bunk beds !

pikapikachu Wed 11-Sep-19 00:17:14

My kids loved sleeping with these at his age

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kura-bed-tent-turquoise-40296599/

One of them is 13 and loves making a "tent" and watching YouTube. He says he feels snug and safe. He also wraps his blanket around him like a burrito.

Dillydallyingthrough Wed 11-Sep-19 00:17:35

I don't know, I've never met him confused just a suggestion

Sorry I know this is not a jokey thread, but this has really made me laugh!

OP he probably did it once randomly and decided he likes it. I used to sleep under my bed when I was little, no idea why! My DM said I just stopped 1 night and never did it again....

TheSandman Wed 11-Sep-19 00:19:05

I wouldn't stress about it. Just keep returning him. My (now 17) DD would only go to sleep in a particular place on the landing, on top of her bean bag. Once she was asleep we could move her no problem. That went on for a while but she grew out of it.

ILearnedItFromABook Wed 11-Sep-19 02:06:25

Sometimes kids like to sleep in odd places, just for the fun of it.

Have you tried asking him why he goes there?

I think it you make his bed more "fun" with one of the tents others have mentioned, he might be inclined to stay in bed. If nothing else, it will have the appeal of novelty for the first few nights. On the other hand, his habit isn't really doing any harm. I'm sure he'll grow out of it. smile

Lentilbug Wed 11-Sep-19 04:29:25

I think it's really cute. Might have something to do with feeling safer in an enclosed space. If it's not dangerous I'd leave him alone.

differentnameforthis Wed 11-Sep-19 12:12:40

Sounds like a sensory thing.

Kids who are sensory seeking love the feeling of being rolled up (weight and tightness) and confined spaces.

ChiaraRimini Wed 11-Sep-19 13:26:48

My older DS used to get in his 6 month old brothers cot and sleep next to him when he was the same age.
Gave me a fright first time I found his bed empty!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »