Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why DH shows me these photos?

(123 Posts)
SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 23-Aug-19 15:55:52

DH has started going for long walks.

He is gone for about four hours twice a week. He shows me photos he has taken while he's walking up hills in the countryside.

I have to pretend to be interested.

AIBU to tell him I don't want to see another thirty pictures of scenery?

WalkersAreNotTheOnlyCrisps Fri 23-Aug-19 15:57:12

Aww you meanie 👊

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Fri 23-Aug-19 15:58:31

Bit mean spirited. At least he isn't making you go with him!

(Personally my DP and I love a country walk either together or separately and often msg each other photos).

Aquamarine1029 Fri 23-Aug-19 15:58:32

You should go with him. Sounds lovely to me.

MamaGee09 Fri 23-Aug-19 15:59:17

JUSt look interested. You’ll soon perfect the look.

My dh tells me all about his work, i couldnt care less but I listen as it’s polite.

dollydaydream114 Fri 23-Aug-19 15:59:42

You sound like a miserable bugger to be honest.

SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 23-Aug-19 16:03:22

Go with him?

Whatever for?

NeedingAdvice29 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:04:16

For exercise and companionship? To spend time with your partner?

HangryPants Fri 23-Aug-19 16:04:42

It sounds a bit unkind.

StormcloakNord Fri 23-Aug-19 16:06:01

Blimey, you can tell I've been reading too much Mumsnet today. My first thought was what is he covering up? grin

JoxerGoesToStuttgart Fri 23-Aug-19 16:06:05

Christ that would bore me to tears too OP. Like when my dad shows me photos of car parts he has cleaned/fixed/bought.

Why would I want to see those? I don’t. If I did, I would ask to see them.

MrsExpo Fri 23-Aug-19 16:06:25

Good for him. Fresh air, excercise, appreciating the beauty of the surrounding countryside, practicing a creative hobby and getting away from his miserable and rather rude wife. Win, win (and win again) as far as I can see.

Aquamarine1029 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:06:33

Go with him? Whatever for?

I feel very sorry for your husband.

LakieLady Fri 23-Aug-19 16:06:42

My dh tells me all about his work, i couldnt care less but I listen as it’s polite.

Same here.

It has its upside though. I probably know enough about payroll to blag my way through an interview if I was ever desperate for a different job.

cantfindname Fri 23-Aug-19 16:07:30

Only 30 photos? Think yourself blessed! Mine would take 100+ with monotonous regularity and had three huge external hard drives just for his photos.

AFistfulofDolores1 Fri 23-Aug-19 16:09:07

You do sound unkind, OP.

But then the internet can warp meaning and kill nuance.

Baguetteaboutit Fri 23-Aug-19 16:09:15

Oh God, well at least he isn't showing you various expensive bike components which are marginally lighter than the currently owned ones and you have to try to be pleasant while thinking it would be a fuck tonne cheaper if you just stopped eating cake

SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 23-Aug-19 16:09:45

Oh dear.

I don't go with him because I don't like walking. Not because I don't enjoy his company.

I am glad he goes and enjoys himself. I go to other things which he doesn't enjoy (choir practice for example) but I have now seen about two hundred photos of bushes and trees.

I do not tell him I find them boring though.

RushianDisney Fri 23-Aug-19 16:09:47

I have to watch and pretend to be impressed by MMA 'takedowns' so count your blessings OP! P

tellmewhenthespaceshiplandscoz Fri 23-Aug-19 16:10:04

Storm me too! Especially when OP mentioned photos!

Why don't you go with him OP? You may enjoy it smile

SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 23-Aug-19 16:12:02

Getting away from his miserable and rather rude wife

That isn't the case at all.

I'm neither miserable nor rude.

Just a little fed up of seeing pictures of bushes and trees. After the first few they all look the same.

Latersxx Fri 23-Aug-19 16:12:31

My husband does this. He’s a birdspotter and forever showing me pictures of things he’s seen.. I’m not very interested but it means a lot to him,, so I act interested, and make all the right noises

Crunched Fri 23-Aug-19 16:13:36

My DH loves a walk and I, like you don’t see the need, unless the dogs have to go out and/or there is a nice pub or coffee shop at the end of the trek.
I get snapchats of views, sheep and sometimes, sadly, litter in unexpected places. I find it endearing.

SirJamesTalbotAndHisSpeculum Fri 23-Aug-19 16:13:53

That's exactly what I mean Latersxx I do show an interest but it is not genuine.

I really do not like going for walks. I went on one with him a while ago and really cramped his style.

katewhinesalot Fri 23-Aug-19 16:14:19

I'd not have to patience. It would be perfectly clear that I was yawning. I might be able to manage two or three of the best ones at a push. Ask him to choose a couple to show you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »