Talk

Advanced search

To Be Fuming With This Pharmacy!

(84 Posts)
NemoIsLost Wed 21-Aug-19 16:18:34

I get my prescription sent electronically from my GP to Tesco pharmacy.
Almost every time there is a problem, either it's not ready when they say or theres only 1 box instead of 2 but today they surpassed themselves!
I went to collect it and after alot of faffing they said I had already collected it!
Well I havnt, they showed me the form signed for by me under 'exempt for contraception.
A. It's not a contraception!
B. It's not my signature!
The pharmacist got involved and said he doesn't know what's wrong and will investigate, but I still.have no tablets.
I need these tablets to live seizure free.
I'm so angry with them. The pharmacist is trying to get me a box by tonight. I told him I would be interested to know what's happened as someone has forged my signature and more worryingly someone may have the wrong medication!
Surely this is a serious incident for them?!

LittleMissMe99 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:13:26

My husband changed from our local boots pharmacy for similar reasons. He's a type 1 diabetic. He NEEDS insulin and can't risk it being messed about. We have no trouble with our new pharmacy

NemoIsLost Thu 22-Aug-19 11:14:40

Tbh he didn't say they were the drugs that the person took home, but seeing as they were struggling to find me one box by close of play and I suddenly has 2 boxes available I assumed they were the 'original' drugs.

britnay Thu 22-Aug-19 11:26:46

I would check if I were you. They could get in serious trouble for doing that.

Writersblock2 Thu 22-Aug-19 11:29:40

Just wanted to throw in - I have meds for seizures too and they won’t actually let me submit for new meds until I’m less than a week out from being without any.

Hairyheadphones Thu 22-Aug-19 11:36:11

I once collected some antibiotics for one of my children from a Tesco pharmacy. As I was walking away I looked at the bag and noticed that the name was not my child’s. They hadn’t checked the details and had given me the wrong persons drugs. When I handed it back the lady was so angry with me, she did find the right drugs and then make the proper checks.
A children’s hospital made a very expensive mistake. My DS was changing medication and was supposed to get 10 days worth (about half a box) of old medication and then three months of new medication. We waited nearly three hours for the drugs, took the bag and left. When I was on the train home I saw that they had prescribed ten boxes of the old drug rather than ten days! At £70 a box that was a very expensive mistake!

NemoIsLost Thu 22-Aug-19 12:23:52

britnay I am going to check, although I won't actually know if they are telling the truth or not....hmm

k1233 Thu 22-Aug-19 12:28:56

Not related to an incorrect dispensing but pharmacy related. I used to get painkillers, vet prescribed, for my dog from the chemist. Used a different chemist one day and the person behind the counter read the name "Samson Brown (canine)" and goes, is canine his nickname? I just looked at her quite perplexed and said canine means dog...

theorchidwhisperer Thu 22-Aug-19 14:10:05

@EnlightenedOwl. You have this, I do the same. Frustrating but necessary.

NemoIsLost Thu 22-Aug-19 16:35:53

K123 omg that's hilarious, you couldn't make it up!!

Enlightened owl will seriously consider going back to paper scripts, it's just more hassle as I work in a different town so it's all time consuming

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »