Talk

Advanced search

In not removing review

(352 Posts)
onanothertrain Wed 21-Aug-19 13:16:13

Contacted a tradesperson for urgent repair, was told no problem, they would check the diary and phone me back within an hour. 4 hours later, no phone call so I sent a text. Another 4 hours later still nothing. I will admit to being annoyed so I left a Google review stating the above. An hour later I got a text asking me to remove the review as they hadn't actually done any work for me and they were working hard to maintain their business. I didnt respond and have now had 2 more texts asking me to remove the review. Im now considering either ignoring the texts and blocking, removing my review but leaving another one explaining why or just removing it all together. Although my stubborn side is not leaning towards the third option. So Aibu not to remove it?

Nicknacky Wed 21-Aug-19 13:18:09

Annoying but no way would I have left a review because of that. Just remove it.

AwkwardAsAllGetout Wed 21-Aug-19 13:18:29

I’d remove it. After an hour I’d have been ringing around to other tradespeople if it really was urgent.

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Wed 21-Aug-19 13:19:29

That's a bit harsh. Tradespeople are very busy and he may have been dealing with something urgent and couldn't call. I wouldn't give a negative review in this instance, I would just forget that person and find another.

Jamhandprints Wed 21-Aug-19 13:20:05

It's up to you isn't it? What's the point of having reviews if they're not honest. I'd leave it on and block the number but it's up to you.

Iggly Wed 21-Aug-19 13:20:19

YABU

Bit of a dick move to be honest. Maybe he had a job on and couldn’t ring back? Maybe he forgot?

You could apologise but point out that he shouldn’t make claims to ring back. There are other ways to tackle it.

Oneforposy7 Wed 21-Aug-19 13:20:34

Bloody hell OP. You didn't get a response within 8 hours so left a negative review about someone you've barely had any involvement in. That's barely the length of the working day. They could have had something far more urgent to deal with and aren't at your beck and call. Remove the review.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Wed 21-Aug-19 13:22:09

they had time to respond to a bad review but not the call back

YANBU

Ive done this before whereby a builder didnt come back to met with a quote, clearly stated
"I cannot comment on the quality of there work because...."

bridgetreilly Wed 21-Aug-19 13:23:55

I'd leave it, probably. If they can't keep a promise to call back in an hour, within 8 hours, they shouldn't be making those promises. So long as that's all your review states, it's fine. Obviously if you've gone off on a rant in the review, that's not fine and you should take it down.

Usernumbers1234 Wed 21-Aug-19 13:24:37

Yep, dick move, remove it.

Reviews should be used when someone does work for you that turns out to be poor quality, over charging etc.

But you are dragging down the guys average rating because he didn’t call you back quickly enough. His only mistake was perhaps in overpromising to call you back within an hour, I don’t think that justifies a negative review that could compromise his livelihood. It’s not like he got half way through an extension and then vanished.

And if it was an “urgent” repair, why wait 8 hours, just get on and call someone else, not like you’ve given him a deposit.

Bubsworth Wed 21-Aug-19 13:25:20

YABU!!!!!! Omg

HeyMonkey Wed 21-Aug-19 13:26:19

Remove it. Massively unreasonable to have expected a response within 4 hours.

I'd chase it up after 3 days if I hadn't had a response, but 4 hours is ridiculous.

livefornaps Wed 21-Aug-19 13:26:20

You're clearly relishing being a dick

Rubicon80 Wed 21-Aug-19 13:27:12

it's nasty and vindictive, but more importantly it is of no help to other customers.

When I read reviews, I want to know about the standard of the work that was carried out and if there were any problems.

it's completely irrelevant that on one occasion they didn't phone one person back.

it's misusing the purpose of online reviews; instead of sharing information to help others, you are using it as a form of petty revenge.

LemonAddict Wed 21-Aug-19 13:27:14

Remove the review you crank.

Nicknacky Wed 21-Aug-19 13:27:42

If I phone or message a tradesman I don’t expect to hear from them that day, if I do then it’s a bonus. He said he would call, he probably just forgot. Not the end of the world.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Wed 21-Aug-19 13:28:08

I think I would remove the review but I would message them to say that they wouldn't have got a negative review if they'd rung you back half as quickly as they responded to the negative review!

pasturesgreen Wed 21-Aug-19 13:28:17

Don't be petty. Just remove the review.

HobbyIsCodeForDogging Wed 21-Aug-19 13:28:21

I think you're being spiteful and bitter. Remove the review.

babybunny123 Wed 21-Aug-19 13:28:44

remove the review, you are being petty, small businesses struggle to keep their heads above water as it is.

onanothertrain Wed 21-Aug-19 13:29:09

If he hadn't specifically said he would call back within an hour I wouldn't have left anything. Review only stated that, not a rant. Appreciate I've been unreasonable, thanks all.

TulipsTwoLips Wed 21-Aug-19 13:29:51

I’d leave it. It is factual. If they’re working hard to grow their business they should be calling you back! If it was just a one of they will have loads of other decent reviews so you’re wont make that much difference to the overall picture anyway.

A good lesson to them to call back when they say they will, or to at least text to say they’ll call later.

Zebraaa Wed 21-Aug-19 13:30:18

Definitely remove the review. Really unreasonable.

Toooldtocareanymore Wed 21-Aug-19 13:30:53

If a tradesman was doing your urgent repair and it was taking twice as long to do just because he had to keep taking calls do quotes and arrange appointments with other customers you'd be annoyed. Unless his business add says we always come back within x time than you were wrong to leave a negative review, so your third option is to deliberately harm the business of someone who's work you have never seen because you are stubborn.

dreichhighlands Wed 21-Aug-19 13:31:12

If the tradesperson advertises a speedy response to emergency situations and when you contacted them they didn't respond at all then leaving a focused review stating that seems reasonable.
This will prevent others wasting valuable time in an emergency.
But if the tradesperson doesn't make any such claims then this seems an over the top response.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »