Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me whether this is unacceptable

(8 Posts)
winoforever95 Sat 17-Aug-19 20:23:22

Got a message today from an ex boyfriend from a gazillion years ago (slight exaggeration, more like 15 years) however we have remained in sporadic contact and have 'hooked up" twice in the past. However we haven't seen each other at all for over 2 years not even just for a drink/catch up. But as we are friends on social media and I have posted the odd photo and story with my new dp in I would have thought it was obvious I was seeing someone (actually an old friend of both of ours although they are not in touch anymore).

The message included a photo of a girl in a leather dress in a meme I posted some months back on my Instagram with the message "you should buy this dress and come get tied to my bed".

Whilst I understand in the past this kind of message may have been fine I don't think it's acceptable to message someone you used to sleep with with such a sexual message, especially when it's kinda obvious they are in a relationship however even if not surely it's just impolite to open with such a message after not seeing someone for years?! If you're trying to feel out the ground for a hook up surely you'd feel out the ground with some innocuous how are you? Etc first?!

I have just ignored it but I really want to call him out on it....

It

Aquamarine1029 Sat 17-Aug-19 20:26:12

Don't bother. Just ignore and block. That will tell him exactly how you feel about his stupid message.

AnneLovesGilbert Sat 17-Aug-19 20:26:20

Don’t engage. He wants a reaction so don’t give him one.

Rachelover40 Sat 17-Aug-19 20:28:41

Ignore him, winoforever. He certainly doesn't have any manners.

Of course, he could be posting from prison and that would be a different story altogether....

Sparklesocks Sat 17-Aug-19 20:29:11

Just block him

winoforever95 Sat 17-Aug-19 20:45:30

Blocked the twat. 

Rachelover40 Sun 18-Aug-19 01:53:27

Excellent news winoforever95, well done!
flowers cake

Monty27 Sun 18-Aug-19 03:03:24

Well done OP. he does indeed meet the dickhead criteria

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »