Talk

Advanced search

To be suspicious of this text

(255 Posts)
letsjustsee Wed 14-Aug-19 20:58:12

Hi ladies,

So ive been dating a guy for a while now (8 months) we get on amazing, he lives 100 miles away from me so makes dating hard, but I'm 100% committed to him and he says he is with me. However;
We were talking tonight via text about him going out with his friend and I get a text saying " I don't understand why you're counting with us 🤦🏻‍♂️♥️ Xxxxxx"

He then proceeded to (in my own opinion) panic and text me straight away saying the text was for his sister, he then called me 7 times, text me 3 times and messaged me on Instagram within 5 mins ( I was in the shower at the time this happened)

I would've thought the text was strange but laughed it off because I had no reason to mistrust him, however his response to this had put me on edge, am I right to have this feeling??? What would you do??

Cloudyapples Wed 14-Aug-19 20:59:47

That was not a text for his sister

Takemebacktolondon Wed 14-Aug-19 21:00:15

What does the text mean?

luckygreeneyes Wed 14-Aug-19 21:00:29

I’m not sure what the text means so hard to know what to read into it... counting what?

The panicked response is a bit suspect though

LemonAddict Wed 14-Aug-19 21:00:45

Have you made a typo in the text in your OP? Because I haven’t a clue what it means, it makes no sense at all?

Alloftit Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:09

I’d ditch him. He panicked because he fucked up, the text alone isn’t evidence but the mad panicking is.

Scarydinosaurs Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:28

So suspect

Davidbowiestrousers Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:30

Counting?

Pillowaddict Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:36

While I can only guess what it means, there's no doubt that's a flirty text meant for a partner/potential partner I'm afraid - and any doubt, as you acknowledge, would have been out the window at his desperate response. So sorry, but time to move on I think. He sounds very untrustworthy.

AnyFucker Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:37

I don't get it

NotMyRealName123 Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:41

Depends on what he has said subsequently I think?

pangolina Wed 14-Aug-19 21:01:51

Yeah his response is weird. If I had sent that message by mistake and was worried about how it would look, I would screenshot the conversation it was meant for, to show context, and just say "sorry wrong message".
I'm not sure what you should do. It would make me feel weird but it could have been for his sister. Does he typically put loads of kisses in messages to you?

pinkyredrose Wed 14-Aug-19 21:02:11

I don't get it, what's the message meant to mean?

usersouthcoast Wed 14-Aug-19 21:02:46

Counting dates or weeks with another woman I reckon. Sorry

NoSauce Wed 14-Aug-19 21:03:47

Another one who doesn’t get it. Does he usually add so many kisses? Did you ask him what he meant?

bluegirlgreen Wed 14-Aug-19 21:03:50

I don't get the text and its meaning either @letsjustsee

AnastasiaVonBeaverhausen Wed 14-Aug-19 21:04:05

Counting dates or weeks with another woman I reckon. Sorry

And that's the kindest thought.
Mine was that it was about counting shags.
Sorry OP. The text is weird, but his reaction says far more.

letsjustsee Wed 14-Aug-19 21:04:30

I asked him what the text meant and he said that she messaged him saying about a stocktake she has in store tomorrow. Apparently he has one tomorrow too and "apparently" they are talking about how many stocktakes they have

Omg the fact I've wrote that makes me cringe about how stupid I am

LemonAddict Wed 14-Aug-19 21:05:23

Yeah that’s bullshit sorry.

BananaFace5 Wed 14-Aug-19 21:05:50

He means counting how long theyve been together, or how many dates or shags from the sounds of things. Sorry OP, with the panicked response straight after Id be seriously questioning everything

CoolLikeOvie Wed 14-Aug-19 21:06:19

Could it be that the woman has a 3 date rule before she sleeps with a man or something? That's all I can come up with. Agree, it's his actions after that are most suspicious.

31RueCambon Wed 14-Aug-19 21:06:50

It's weird though, what is the counting ?

Oh, ''shags''. OMG.

NotMyRealName123 Wed 14-Aug-19 21:07:03

Yeah that response is complete and utter bullshit. But I have no idea what the first text means, like in what context could it have been bad otherwise?

Bookworm4 Wed 14-Aug-19 21:08:48

Yes you send your sister 💕 and kisses. It doesn’t even make sense 🤔

EskiVodkaCranberry Wed 14-Aug-19 21:08:49

Has he got a screenshot of the conversation with his sister hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »