Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your healthy dinner ideas?

(8 Posts)
custarddonut Wed 14-Aug-19 16:52:27

Sorry, bit of a boring request but I'm absolutely lost for inspiration today. Given the weather am after something hot and comforting but not too unhealthy. For me and DH (am 5 months pregnant and have not stopped eating mashed potato :-))

Thank you in advance

cultkid Wed 14-Aug-19 16:53:54

I've just made a rapid chicken casserole with thighs and drums, wine carrots celery etc

Crispy skin on the chicken let me link https://www.recipetineats.com/chicken-stew/

But I've tweaked it a tiny bit just loved the idea of a chicken casserole with crispy skin

Iamclearlyamug Wed 14-Aug-19 16:54:55

my go-to at the moment is chicken breast with couscous and a dollop of nandos medium sauce - delicious, full of protein and good on calories too smile

Theonewiththeblonde Wed 14-Aug-19 16:55:12

Maybe a curry? If you don’t add cream then most are healthy

custarddonut Wed 14-Aug-19 17:01:30

Oooh yes some sort of chicken curry or casserole would be lovely in this weather! mmmm

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Wed 14-Aug-19 17:05:26

Get a pre-cooked chicken from Tesco, baked potato, cauliflower cheese and sautéed spinach. And gravy. Well, that's what I'm planning on having!

Snowflake9 Wed 14-Aug-19 17:09:21

I am doing a slow cooked chicken curry with lots of added veg tonight. DH will have basmati rice, I will have a side of sautee spinach and baby corn. Yummmmmmmy.

AmIRightOrAMeringue Wed 14-Aug-19 17:39:18

Soup. If you dont want bread with it you can put ravioli in it (eg tomato soup) or noodles in an asian broth

Roasted veg with cous cous and halloumi or feta

Anything with eggs in it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »