Talk

Advanced search

I went to Aldi today and I bought...

(207 Posts)
ConorMcGregorsChin Tue 13-Aug-19 20:45:41

It's Tuesday night. Brexit and other awful stuff dominates the news. Cheer me up please and tell me what you have bought from the aisle of randomness.

I went in today for Bread and Milk. And came out with a glue gun and a pair of swimming goggles (Damn you, DD)

I'm of a certain age. I remember the Victoria Wood sketch where she said if you can't get me a raspberry yoghurt, get me something else. So her friend got her a meat and potato pie...

millimollimandi Tue 13-Aug-19 20:49:12

Not tonight - but went in for a packet of lentil crisps and came out with a dinghy... Oh, that was Lidl - does that still count?

Howlovely Tue 13-Aug-19 20:50:25

Ah the delights from the aisle of shite!

RUOKHUN Tue 13-Aug-19 20:51:03

First thing that came to mind, what can you do with a glue gun and goggles?

Purplerain16 Tue 13-Aug-19 20:51:17

Went in for a pizza, came out with garden furniture, candles and a crochet your own lion kit 😂

DanielRicciardosSmile Tue 13-Aug-19 20:51:29

I thought this was going to be that memory game where you have to say something beginning with A, then the next person beginning with B and the thing you said too etc etc.

Not got an Aldi near me, but I do love the "Middle of Lidl". The last thing I bought there was a boardgame which was pretty useful, but definitely not the loaf of bread and block of cheese I'd gone in for.

VioletCharlotte Tue 13-Aug-19 20:52:12

Went in for some bananas, bread and milk. Came out with an aromatherapy diffuser.

Sparklingbrook Tue 13-Aug-19 20:52:25

I went into Lidl for a Chicken salad and DS2 convinced me to buy a hot glue gun. Which he needed very badly but has never actually used. hmm

RezCowgirl Tue 13-Aug-19 20:53:27

My Lidl is our corner shop, one evening DH nipped round for milk whilst I put the kettle on. He came back home with a blowtorch.

He also forgot the milk.

ConorMcGregorsChin Tue 13-Aug-19 20:53:35

@milliomandi Did you actually have any use for the dinghi? I imagine you as the person who lives in the Midlands who would win the speedboat on Bullseye

thelikelylass Tue 13-Aug-19 20:53:52

On Sunday I went in just for a bottle of cava - came out with a massive brown dog bed for our very small dog. I had to carry it home too, so I looked like I'd won a huge teddy at the fair.

RedForShort Tue 13-Aug-19 20:53:59

Going to Aldi or Lidl is like that memory game.

I went to Aldi today for Bread and Milk, and came out with:
a glue gun
a pair of swimming goggles (Damn you, DD)
a dinghy
a packet of lentil crisps

and a pair of hiking boots...

(Over to next person!)

RedForShort Tue 13-Aug-19 20:55:00

Darn it missed loads!!

RedForShort Tue 13-Aug-19 20:58:16

I went to Aldi today for Bread and Milk, and came out with:
a glue gun
a pair of swimming goggles (Damn you, DD)
a dinghy
a packet of lentil crisps
garden furniture
an aromatherapy diffuser
a blowtorch
a massive brown dog bed for our very small dog

And a pair of hiking boots

😁

usernamepinched Tue 13-Aug-19 20:58:18

You guys need to watch the ballad of lidl and Aldi song on Youtube ballad

ConorMcGregorsChin Tue 13-Aug-19 20:59:00

@RUOKHUN the goggles, yes. DD swims. The glue gun I have some sort of fantasy that we will do crafts. Perhaps Christmas related. But I haven't thought this through yet.

usernamepinched Tue 13-Aug-19 21:00:32

I came out of Aldi at Christmas, having gone in for a pint of milk with a huge serrano ham, stand, knife and all. Cat kept attacking it so it was quite a stressful couple of weeks. Binned it in New Year.

ElizaDee Tue 13-Aug-19 21:01:24

I missed that aisle out today. I got

Half a crispy duck & pancakes
A layered caramel yoghurt
A melon
Strawberries
Grapes

I'd forgotten about the yoghurt! I'll have that in a minute.

Sparadrap Tue 13-Aug-19 21:01:55

My DH went to Lidl once and came back with a flame thrower. I don’t trust him to go in there alone these days grin

lumpy76 Tue 13-Aug-19 21:03:44

Keep them coming - I've been very down and this is definitely cheering me up!! And I definitely think I'm restrained!! Mind you all bets are off if it's anywhere near Xmas!!

TipsyToasty Tue 13-Aug-19 21:04:45

A pillow shaped like a Paw Patrol dog
A box of make your own mermaid slime
A pirate kite

Zero actual food 😂

hellojim Tue 13-Aug-19 21:04:53

I went to Lidl today for ice cream and milk.
I came out with a colour-changing desk lamp and no milk.

ConorMcGregorsChin Tue 13-Aug-19 21:07:11

My Mum asked me specifically about the frozen Yorkshire puddings. I brought her back.. a sun hat!

LBOCS2 Tue 13-Aug-19 21:07:28

I bought a sliding mitre saw in Aldi today. I'm extremely excited about my new toy but DH keeps pulling these faces about it: confusedhmm

hormonesorDHbeingadick Tue 13-Aug-19 21:07:43

Do you know you can get free delivery on Aldi special buys?

I bought some wall ‘art’ for the new borns room. Ambitious as we haven’t even put up the 3 year old’s wall art that I bought when I was pregnant with her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »