Talk

Advanced search

To buy trousers for wok on my day off?

(238 Posts)
FutureMrsC Tue 13-Aug-19 11:15:28

Dp thinks I am. Yesterday at work my work trousers got a rip in them. My other pair is a bigger size with no belt loops and will probably fall down whilst I'm working. Today is my day off I popped to shop picked up 2 pairs of trousers and put a cheque in the bank. Do rang me and said "oh your on the street" I simply said "I'm omw back 1 stop on bus from home, I was quick" he then moaned that over weekend I said I'd go put cheque in bank on Tues and he thought it wasn't necessary because I didn't need the money (money is from elderly relative for DC for a gift so has something to open on birthday rather than a piece of paper) and originally he said he would drop me to bank sat morning to pay cheque in but he overslept

HaudYerWheeshtYaWeeBellend Tue 13-Aug-19 11:16:46

What’s the AIBU?

JustbeaDentist Tue 13-Aug-19 11:17:03

And? You needed trousers, you bought them. Sorted

FuzzyPuffling Tue 13-Aug-19 11:18:10

I cannot understand one tiny bit what the issue is here. Trousers? A cheque? Oversleeping?

tobypercy Tue 13-Aug-19 11:18:14

he thinks you shouldn't leave the house on your day off??

sheshootssheimplores Tue 13-Aug-19 11:18:23

This sounds like a text you meant to send to someone else 🤭

Alliumlove Tue 13-Aug-19 11:18:39

He is an idiot.

hazell42 Tue 13-Aug-19 11:19:11

Are you not allowed out unless he thinks it is for a good enough reason?

Babdoc Tue 13-Aug-19 11:19:11

I’m still wondering how you fit trousers on a wok...grin

NoSauce Tue 13-Aug-19 11:19:43

What the fuck are you on about OP?

NoSauce Tue 13-Aug-19 11:20:16

Babdoc actually laughing at that!

Vilanelle Tue 13-Aug-19 11:20:40

YABU, woks do not need clothing

lazylinguist Tue 13-Aug-19 11:21:53

Huh? I do not understand- what is he complaining about exactly? Why wouldn't you buy new trousers if you need them? What's it got to do with it being your day off? confused

JeSuisPrest Tue 13-Aug-19 11:22:14

Are you not allowed to leave the house with his permission?

Is he one of these types that likes to do everything together except when it's something he wants to do alone?

Sounds odd and controlling.

AnastasiaVonBeaverhausen Tue 13-Aug-19 11:24:43

That's a seriously posh wok if it needs trousers

MoreFrog Tue 13-Aug-19 11:25:29

I know, I feel the same. I noticed I ran out of washing up liquid this morning so I popped up to the Co-op to get some. Dh rang and I was out so he rang again and said 'Where were you just now?' And I said I was at the Co-op getting washing up liquid so he said why didn't I get some yesterday before I ran out, so I said because I forgot.
And I drew some money out of the cash machine because I'm off up the pub tonight.

Honestly. Men!!

CherryPlum Tue 13-Aug-19 11:25:54

Say it again?

BarbaraofSeville Tue 13-Aug-19 11:25:57

When else does he expect you to buy them? Correctly fitting unripped trousers aren't going to appear by magic in your wardrobe are they?

Sounds a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and you've combined two errands, which is always good.

Laiste Tue 13-Aug-19 11:26:18

''You're on the street?''

usersouthcoast Tue 13-Aug-19 11:27:44

Good run down of your morning!

I had breakfast, washed my hair, and went to town for a walk with baby and dog. Picked up a ginger bread man, lovely.

Back home now playing with baby until he has lunch. He's having chicken and apricot korma.

CruellaFeinberg Tue 13-Aug-19 11:27:57

What?

toadabode Tue 13-Aug-19 11:28:30

This is the most mind numbingly boring thread I've ever read. What are you on about OP?

BarbaraofSeville Tue 13-Aug-19 11:28:34

And what does not needing the money have to do with banking the cheque?

Your relative will want you to bank it sooner rather than later so they don't forget about it and have the money come out of the bank when they're not expecting it, and you don't want to risk losing the cheque, so you put it in the bank, you know the place set up to safely hang on to money until it is needed to be spent.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Tue 13-Aug-19 11:28:56

Oh come on people, this when i hate AIBU i'm pretty sure some of you are just being cruel because you think its funny to bully.

OPs trousers ripped at work yesterday. Today is her day off. She's gone in to her high street early today to get a new pair for tomorrow. Her husband has called her to ask where she is. She's explained. He's pissed off because shes gone out on her day off. She's also said she needed to cash a cheque for childs birthday so it wasn't just doing work stuff on her day off but husband is pissed off about this too. Is she unreasonable to buy work trousers and cash a cheque on her day off because her husband thinks she is.

Hth (those who think their being amusing)

NoSauce Tue 13-Aug-19 11:29:06

Chicken and apricot korma? Very exotic grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »