Talk

Advanced search

to think DH (almost ex DH) might want to know about my shit week new job?

(10 Posts)
browniedropout Fri 03-Aug-07 21:33:08

Sums it up really,. New job. public service, serious, heavy duty?

weebleswobble Fri 03-Aug-07 21:45:38

Was there something good on the telly? You know where I'm coming from

browniedropout Fri 03-Aug-07 21:50:07

ok so I need to add. That every Friday night DH dead dounut (interested enough to help me spell that. Yes dead topic really. thank god for MN

moodymoo Fri 03-Aug-07 21:50:56

YANBU but I do think it is just a man thing.I have to sit and listen to my dh go on and on and on and on about his job every bloody night but minute I start up about mine doesn't want to know. I work in the crown court so u can imagine the type of stuff get to deal with - he just says he doesn't like hearing about stuff like that.
I just ignore him now, nod my head in the right places and then ask in sarcastic tone if he would like to hear about my day now. Seems to be getting the message.

weebleswobble Fri 03-Aug-07 21:52:05

Was it that he didn't ask or you were telling him and he wasn't listening?

browniedropout Fri 03-Aug-07 21:53:39

Thank god, not just me. New job - don't want to say because serious stuff - but not as much as you? Social services. Thanks for posting.

browniedropout Fri 03-Aug-07 21:55:18

Yep my DH sees conversation on Friday night as a challenge, going to browse now.

moodymoo Fri 03-Aug-07 22:04:24

Starting any new job is stressful and social services is not an easy job, having worked in the care section of the Court I know the types of things you hav eto deal with. Totally understand about notsaying stuff on here about it. That is why it is so important that you can talk to your dh at the end of the day about it - think your dh has been really crap tbh. Are you going to tackle him about it?
I have just returned back to work after 5 months on sick leave and just need to get stuff off my chest when I get home, think this is why I make a point of telling him about my day - no way I am just going to let him get away with it. Luckily I have some good friends who don't mind me ringing for a moan who also know how crap dh can be.(he does have lots of good points though - can't slate him totally, just a bit selfish/inconsiderate at times)

browniedropout Fri 03-Aug-07 22:49:48

came back. Nope, not going to challange. Have known DH long enough to know - no point. Sweeting but spleepy. Doesnn't mean not really peed off (shall we start a new acronym RPO = Really Peed Off) Expect its already around. DH is just, as u say A MAN, tough week - but I'm all womann.... as the song says... and I'll survive....

moodymoo Fri 03-Aug-07 22:58:28

Think we should have bring dh to work day - they will soon realise how hard we work! Anyway hopefully you will have spent the evening relaxing with a nice drink or two, reckon that those with stressful jobs like us should get wine vouchers or tax relief on alcohol - cos it's not a case of wanting the stuff - more that we NEED the stuff ( unless you are me and can't have alcohol cos trying ttc - long story). oh well going to try and wake my dh from his usual sleeping on sofa position babies don't make themselves
Will be around in the morning if u want to chat x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now