Talk

Advanced search

To expect a shop to ring and tell me they can't deliver something....

(6 Posts)
petunia Fri 03-Aug-07 15:18:59

...because it's out of stock.

We ordered a tumble dryer from B&Q online in their clearance sale last Friday, and chose to have it delivered today (the first day they could do a delivery). DH got a receipt/order number etc, when he ordered it and spent several hours last Sunday clearing a space in the garage for it. He said yesterday to expect a call from them to confirm time and delivery details etc for todays delivery, but no call came. So he rang this morning. It's out of stock! No one called to tell us! And the employee that DH spoke to said that the earliest they could do a delivery is in a months time! Luckily I don't work and I hadn't cancelled anything to stay in today, but is it really too much to expect someone to call or e-mail us to say they were out of stock, before the actual delivery day?

maisemor Fri 03-Aug-07 15:31:51

You do realise that work phones are extreeeeemly heavy, and difficult to operate don't you?

Besides that you have to realise that these people are under a lot of pressure trying to do anything but their job. That is not easy I tell you, I know I have to "work" .

petunia Fri 03-Aug-07 16:47:10

Ah yes, I see that now! How silly of me - the humble customer, to expect some customer service here!

FioFio Fri 03-Aug-07 16:48:26

Message withdrawn

maisemor Fri 03-Aug-07 16:48:56

Mistake number one Petunia

alicet Fri 03-Aug-07 17:11:59

We had this when we ordered ds's car seat from boots. Used them as it was on offer and we'd already checked it fitted. After over 2 weeks when they said they would deliver it in 1 I called them and they said the order had been cancelled! They said they had emailed everyone and when I told them they hadn't were apologetic but said that I would have to place another order to get the carseat. And that I couldn't have the discount anymore as it had expired!! Gggrrrrr!!!!

So no, YANBU!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: