Talk

Advanced search

Hamleys demo lady left dd 6 in tears.

(618 Posts)
Bornfreebutinbiscuits Sun 11-Aug-19 10:16:55

Summer hols day out, theatre and hamleys.

Having fun trying all the toys on display and v small budget to buy a toy.

Older dd goes to lady for hand tattoo. I asked younger if she wanted one she was shy and said no. However once older has one she wants one. So she gets in position and very curtly lady says 'no. Its not a freebie for all children it's a demo. I can't do another child' no smiles, no kindness and she looked as hard as nails as dd face crumpled and starts to cry.

Not a big cry! In the past they have always dine both dc, in hamleys and harrods.
And we have actually brought the set into the past but it's the fun and part of the toy shop experience to have something done there!

Not the experience I expected from hamleys of all places. Or was she right!

Bluntness100 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:29:15

😂

Moomin8 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:30:56

I'm not sure about the whole thread now tbh.

CarolDanvers Wed 14-Aug-19 16:32:08

Interesting how OP was pulled to pieces and her account scorned but then Rohilda swoops and is believed instantly.

Confirmation bias anyone?

WomblingBy Wed 14-Aug-19 16:35:54

@rohilda

Pleeeease come back and tell us more! 🙏🏼

Moomin8 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:57:24

Rohilda doesn't have any previous posting history and sounds way too up-in-arms to be real.

AdelaideK Wed 14-Aug-19 16:59:32

Its not confirmation bias as it wasn't rohildas post that made me believe this frankly bizarre tale. It was the ops response to rohilda.

HeadintheiClouds Wed 14-Aug-19 17:08:11

Seriously? The op responding that if such a dramatic, vicious response did happen it only goes to show you how awful the Hamleys customer service is doesn’t tell you anything?!
😂😂😂

rohilda Wed 14-Aug-19 17:58:35

@Bornfreebutinbiscuits
I really hope it wasn’t you because although I didn’t say anything on the day, I’m horrified to think that someone who tore that demo girl to pieces can come on here to play the victim.

Aridane Wed 14-Aug-19 18:03:56

Whenever I read a poor customer service story on Mumsnet I always wonder what the other side of the story is!

Indeed!

WomblingBy Wed 14-Aug-19 18:05:35

@rohilda

Please could you tell us a bit more about the lady you saw? What was she saying that was so rude to the demo girl during the 1st tattoo and how the demo girl refuse the 2nd one?

CarolDanvers Wed 14-Aug-19 18:58:13

Not horrified enough to step in and protect that poor young girl who was brought to tears by the vicious drubbing though.

Sure hmm

leghairdontcare Wed 14-Aug-19 19:02:40

Omg I was there too! And so was my wife!

origamiunicorn Wed 14-Aug-19 19:09:39

I'm Spartacus!

Aridane Wed 14-Aug-19 19:10:52

I am 6 year old DD. Mummy made me cry in Hamleys because she shouted and said bad words to the nice tattoo lady

origamiunicorn Wed 14-Aug-19 19:14:00

To be honest even if it wasn't OP (I think it was) her attitude to retail staff just shows what type of person she is.

FelicisNox Mon 19-Aug-19 22:39:20

YABVU and you're teaching your children poor habits with your attitude.

Buck up.

whogoncheckmeBoo Mon 19-Aug-19 23:03:30

Well that got interesting shock

MorganKitten Tue 20-Aug-19 01:36:21

Also that pp don't agree that the demos and freebies are all part and parcel of the general experience. Interesting!

It’s not, the demos yes, freebies no. Worked there as a teen and freebies are never seen as a given or must do by management.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »