Talk

Advanced search

to write what I like on my blog?

(7 Posts)
flosspot Fri 03-Aug-07 13:15:21

It seems I have offended my in-laws to the point where they want nothing more to d with me. They have been reading my blog and feel that I am being disloyal to the family and in particular my husband, by writing the light hearted chick-lit-in-progress stuff that I write. And they want nothing more to do with it. Or me.

Oops.

meandmy Fri 03-Aug-07 13:18:59

oh dear did you get on before hand if not no loss!
no advice really just bumping for you!

AlbusPercivalWulfricBrianSun Fri 03-Aug-07 13:29:41

What does your husband think?

wannaBe Fri 03-Aug-07 13:38:52

oh dear. Unfortunately if you write personal things on a blog that is accessible to the people it's written about, then you run the risk of causing offence.

What was your relationship like before all this kicked off?

you could always update today saying something like ...

"phew what a result. after all these years of wanting mil/fil out of our lives, the blodging has finally paid off" .

belgo Fri 03-Aug-07 13:39:51

link please - let us be the judge!

Judy1234 Fri 03-Aug-07 13:40:22

It breaches the rights of individuals you write about if you don't obtain their permission first. I would argue that morally even children ought to have a veto right too. Presumably you're identifiable on it. People get sacked often for this sort of thing if they write about their work.

OrmIrian Fri 03-Aug-07 13:46:42

Of course you're not. But if you say things that upset people, in what is a totally public domain, you will of course have to take the consequences.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: