Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

...to prefer the BBC website weather to the Weather channel

(9 Posts)
kookaburra Fri 03-Aug-07 09:49:02

because they have more optimistic foreacasts

lol, dont bother with weather forecasts but if I did it would be the one with a more optamistic outlook

SueBaroo Fri 03-Aug-07 11:35:23

there's a weather channel?

kookaburra Fri 03-Aug-07 11:43:58

appears so, amazing isn't it? i found the website thru google, but presume there is also a dedicated tv channel ?

RosaLuxembourg Fri 03-Aug-07 11:52:22

The BBC has been getting on my nerves actually - the other day it said my town was 22 degrees and sunny when looking out the windown I could see it was pissing down and no more than 17-18 degrees.

fizzbuzz Fri 03-Aug-07 12:03:47

Oooooh weather discussion, love talking about weather, base my whole day/wardrobe on what weather is going to be like.

Met office usually nearer than BBc, although BBc much more optomistic ime. Website called "the waether two" always gets it totally wrong....am off to investigate weather channel ( am very excited, how pathetic is that?....)

Stroo Fri 03-Aug-07 22:18:00

The BBC weather website changes it's forecasts hourly!

It's hard to trust anything they put down as it it'll be different next time you look!

xxx

cece Fri 03-Aug-07 22:24:43

But they are never right

thefizzyone Fri 03-Aug-07 22:30:55

I use Metcheck - they are usually spot on - especially with anything extraordinary - snow etc.

And there;s a message board so you can track weather coming across the country

I'm a bit of a weather nerd I'm afraid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now