Talk

Advanced search

To get so wound up by a person who thinks she knows everything?

(6 Posts)
Charlottesweb Thu 02-Aug-07 20:46:17

Argghhhhhhhh

I have been working with a girl since Monday who thinks she knows everything!!!! The whole point of this week is work experience, so we both learn how to do new things in the area we are learning in.

However, when the tutor goes to show her & I how to work the equiptment she goes "OH, it's ok, I know what I'm doing" & then goes on to mess up our joint project!! She kept telling me yesterday to go on home as she knew what she was doing (As I have said, it was a joint effort so I wanted to stay & oversee it as my name was going on it also!!)
But eventually it came to the time I did have to leave (as I have kids & she doesn't) so I went home. This morning I went back in & she had f*cked everything up.. changed things from what we both said, added bits, removed bits... etc...

Anyway, we worked with it, I got some bits of mine put back in & added some more etc... she kept rolling her eyes & making huge exasperated sighs... not giving a shit who heard her. I am an intelligent woman, I did not want her to be tutting & rolling her eyes at me so I asked her what her problem was... in a non-confrontational way.

She explained how another guy in our group was lucky as he got to work on his own without the help of stupid tutors I helpfully suggested that she should have said on Monday if she wanted to work on her own & I would have been paired up with the guy who had to work on his own..... even though she will admit that most of the work is mine...

Anyway, I guess none of the above makes sense & the reason it is like that is because I know another work colleague of mine sometimes comes on here & I don't want her to know what I mean...

I feel shit tonight, like I am a child. She kept telling me to go home this evening, but no fear!! I didn't want her messing things up for me again! It has to be presented tomorrow so I am a little afraid that she went back in tonight & changed things

Sorry, not explained very well, but this girl clearly wanted to be working on her own & not as part of a team, which is a shame, as part of the exercise was to see how well everyone could work as part of a team as the job we are training for is team work.

In my opinion she has proved that she can't work as part of a team & made me look bad too I hope the tutor doesn't think that my opinion is the same as this girls, as her attitude stinks. She is aggressive, bullying & nasty. I can't wait for tomorrow to be over.

Well Done if you got this far

rantinghousewife Thu 02-Aug-07 20:51:41

She sounds like a 'mare. Personally, if she's sighing and complaining that loudly, I would think that everyone else would have noticed what a PITA she is aswell. Probably felt bad for you being paired up with her. People like that don't go unnoticed for long so I wouldn't worry that it will reflect badly on you.

veryverytiredmum Thu 02-Aug-07 20:56:36

Have you ever watched "Apprentice" - they all get found out in the end. Don't give in and give up - from one working mum to another....go get em!

WanderingTrelawney Thu 02-Aug-07 20:56:55

Have a word with your tutor. Say you and she just aren't gelling and you're worried that your different takes on the project are going to prejudice your end mark.

She does sound frightful.

LazyLineLegilimens Thu 02-Aug-07 20:57:51

Just remember that this isn't school, you don't need to be her friend. If she is being an arse, tell the tutor.

Charlottesweb Thu 02-Aug-07 21:05:46

Ah, we don't actually get marks as such. It's a chance for our work to be published on the web.

I don't want to say too much though, as I said, I think another colleague uses this site.

I don't work, I am a student, this is a good opportunity to do this work for our showreel for when we go to interviews etc...

we both are doing different degrees & Oh I don't even know what I want to say. She is so overbearing. Her accent gets on my nerves [I know I shouldn't say that]

When I suggested to her we were getting a little stressed out & that she ws unneccessarily abrupt with the tutor, she more or less told me I hadn't seen anything yet!

Her boyfriend just moved out & went home a few months ago without telling her... I can't help but have sympathy for the man.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: