Advanced search

To be chewing the carpet with frustration!

(6 Posts)
PrettyCandles Tue 31-Jul-07 15:07:12

Ordered a new car - first time ever - very excited. Need it by the time ds2 outgrows his baby seat because we can't fit 3 front-facing seats in our current car.

Delivery date end June.

Mid June arrives - sorry, delay at the factory, delivery day end July.

End july arrives - great news! Delivery day end September.

'Great news'? Great news would be that the car is waiting for us at the showroom.

Meantime ds2 is getting so big in the carseat that the shoulderstraps now come out behind him, beneath his shoulders, rather than at the level of his shoulders, and his legs are totally crunched up. (I know crunched-up legs are OK, but I don't like it.) He'll be nearly 1yo by the time we get the car and he's long. WTF do we do if he outgrows the babyseat before the new car arrives?


(Ptooey! Carpet needs cleaning.)

Saturn74 Tue 31-Jul-07 15:08:43

How annoying.
Could you threaten to cancel the order if they don't supply you with a suitably large loan car until yours comes in?

hippipotami Tue 31-Jul-07 15:09:40

Oh you poor thing! Can you explain your dilemma to the garage and get them to give you a courtesy car (same as your new car) to tide you over?

Love the thread title by the way, brought to mind a great mental image.

PrettyCandles Tue 31-Jul-07 15:12:10

We don't dare cancel the order - we need the car! The delay is at the factory, so, because it's a new car, we'ld have the same problems elsewhere - I think.

I wish we had stressed that time is off the essence. I know we had said that we need the new car by the time ds2 outgrows his baby seat, but whether we made enough of a point of it for them to have effectively breached a verbal contract I don't know. If we had then you can bet I'd be steaming down the phone at them to sort it out! I did something similar with our current car.

hippipotami Tue 31-Jul-07 16:34:42

Before you go steaming down the phone, try the gentle approach first. If the car you have ordered is not out yet, just explain the situation re your dc and the carseats and ask them to loan/hire/give you a courtesy car (big enough for your needs) for a few weeks until your new one arrives.

Just ask, you never know.

kslatts Tue 31-Jul-07 16:44:57

I agree that you should try and explain to the garage how urgent it is and see if they are able to offer you anything until your new car arrives.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: