Talk

Advanced search

to feel uncomfortable (mixed sex accommodation)

(194 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Chochito Thu 11-Jul-19 22:37:40

I'm on a work project for a month with 9 colleagues from different parts of the company. I knew one of them before as I worked with him on a 6 week project last year. I don't know any of the others.

We are all staying in university halls of residence style accommodation. The building is usually only occupied by men but as we have it for private use we have the women staying on the 1st floor rooms and the men staying ion the ground floor. There are 3 women and 8 men on the project.

Some of our clients are also here and staying in the same accommodation. There are 3 women and 4 men. The female clients are staying on the 1st floor and the male clients on the ground floor.

The clients have en suite rooms, but 9 out of the 11 workers share communal bathrooms (shower cubicles, toilet cubicles). There is also a communal kitchen, on the ground floor, which can be accessed by the corridor with the men's bedrooms or by another door from the outside of the building.

Everyone has access to all parts of the building apart from people's bedrooms and there are no doors apart from to bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen.

2 of my colleagues are married (man and woman) and have been given an en-suite room on the first floor.

Is this odd or am I overreacting?

OnceUponAFairyTime Fri 12-Jul-19 01:08:05

Definitely NOT being unreasonable

Knitclubchatter Fri 12-Jul-19 01:09:21

well there's enough women that a woman could "guard" the entrance to the washroom and have the men wait their turn.
as adults you could set up a rotation first half of the hour second half of the hour.
you know you could also refuse the accommodations and find your own.

managedmis Fri 12-Jul-19 01:12:46

Sounds fabulous grin

Like the Romans

Is Mark Anthony fit?

managedmis Fri 12-Jul-19 01:13:34

BTW : is there a lock on the communal shower door?

Or do you have a secret password?

AcrossthePond55 Fri 12-Jul-19 01:15:22

If this is real, no, it's not acceptable. In fact, in the US it would be a violation of labour laws.

managedmis Fri 12-Jul-19 01:15:26

Or, I don't know, team up with some of the other female teachers and arrange shower times or something?

^
Hey, Julie meet me at 5 in the shower blocks grin

This just goes from bad to worse on here

pallisers Fri 12-Jul-19 01:21:45

I would absolutely set up a rota in these circumstances. If the men want to do their own thing, fair enough. For the women I would ask for a meeting and suggest we agree a rota for use of the showers between x time and y time in the morning and a time and b time in the evening. The showers and toilets won't be available during those times except for your alloted spot.

The entire arrangement is disgraceful.

Rachelover40 Fri 12-Jul-19 05:12:20

JocastaJones Thu 11-Jul-19 22:47:01
I think ensuite accommodation should be the absolute minimum for a work trip.

R-over40: I think so too, the op's company is doing it on the cheap. The bathrooms are unisex, the group will be there for a month and it really is not satisfactory.

Op, complain to your firm and decide not to go to anything like that again without ensuite. No doors in the showers! That's outrageous. Even same sex don't like getting naked communally, as they do after PE at some schools. They are not 'family' and it isn't very nice.

You could, perhaps, label one shower room as women only, just a thought.

It's a bit 'studenty' for grown up people.

If I was in the op's position AND if I was well off, I'd book myself into a local b&b for the duration. Or else I'd go home! Shouldn't have to do that though.

I hope some of the stay is, at least, not too bad, and that the op and others can endure it, even have some fun while they are there. It's amazing how you can cope if you have to. Not right though, it would make me depressed and I wouldn't last five minutes; deffo cheapskate of the company.

NoIDontWatchLoveIsland Fri 12-Jul-19 05:37:59

"An open shower, like at the gym". Every gym I have ever been a member of has had shower cubicles. There aren't ANY? Literally go home now and make a huge complaint. The risk of sexual assault/voyeurs is huge.

NoIDontWatchLoveIsland Fri 12-Jul-19 05:47:16

OP are you in the UK? I can't believe you are, there are rules about employee safety and rights that I can believe would possibly permit this in the UK.

floribunda18 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:02:30

One minute we are told that men and women are accommodated on different floors, the next that they are all forced to have communal showers. Things ramped up somewhat between the OP's posts.

Bovneydazzlers Fri 12-Jul-19 06:07:00

Weird set up.

Presume there are showers on each floor. Man in the couple needs to only use the en-suite, his wife can be the one to use communal showers if she really can't wait.

Obviously totally unacceptable for anyone to have to shower next to each other. I'd discuss with other female colleagues and sort out a formal rota.

Are there empty floors you can go onto which have more showers?

that25cUKHeatwaveof2019 Fri 12-Jul-19 06:11:49

wow

The set up doesn't bother me at all apart from the SHOWERS? That's insane. I don't shower in front of anyone, male or female. What kind of accommodation does not provide privacy and at least cubicles?

I don't care about the gender, I I would throw a massive fit if I hadn't got privacy - own bedroom and cubicle shower.

I can remember some friends in the military having that issue - separated men and women but communal showers per sex. I think some ended up showering with swim suit on because they couldn't just shower one at a time with someone blocking the door.

MyNewBearTotoro Fri 12-Jul-19 06:12:16

Are you somewhere abroad? The only place I have encountered these kinds of communal showers was in Eastern Europe. All of the gyms/ swimming pools I’ve ever been to still have showers with cubicles available.

It is very strange not to have any private showers and yet still expect them to be used by a mixed-sex group. I think I would be complaining to my company who’d arranged the accommodation - as you say it’s ridiculous to separate private bedrooms by sex but then to have one large conmunal shower.

katewhinesalot Fri 12-Jul-19 06:33:54

Surely there are no men in the showers on your floor as the only man on your floor is the married one with the ensuite? There does need to be a sign in the door saying women only.

As a pp suggested, I'd get together with the lady who had the shower at lunchtime and guard the door for each other, so you can shower in peace and in private.

Aridane Fri 12-Jul-19 06:36:37

Posting for deletion message

that25cUKHeatwaveof2019 Fri 12-Jul-19 07:18:36

<picturing MN checking "things behind the scene" and sending a team of MN investigators to find these communal showers and report back>

CharityDingle Fri 12-Jul-19 07:25:31

FancyACarrot Fri 12-Jul-19 07:26:08

Can't believe they expect you to shower even in front of your female colleagues! Are you exaggerating to make everyone side with you now?

In your original post you said there was shower 'cubicles', now your saying they aren't it is just an open shower area.

If the original post is correct then I would say YABU as you could easily ask the married couple to ensure he uses the en suite and she uses the communal area.

If the later posts are correct and there are no shower cubicles then YANBU

itsallafiddle Fri 12-Jul-19 07:40:43

YANBU. That is totally odd and unacceptable. I would be complaining to the company and refusing to stay there. I just can't imagine what type of place this is, even at youth hostels with shared facilities they have actual shower cubicles.

GabriellaMontez Fri 12-Jul-19 07:44:06

I don't stay in shared bathroom accommodation. It's totally unacceptable for a work trip.

PoesyCherish Fri 12-Jul-19 07:54:57

If this is real YANBU but I really don't think it is as surely you'd have been clear about the shower situation in your OP

BeanBag7 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:03:28

I said YABU but if it is a communal shower as pictured, YANBU. I am still not clear whether its both men and women using the same showers, or just women? Or just women and occasionally one married man.

Could you set up a rota so each person gets a 5 minute "slot" to quickly shower each morning, rather than everyone sharing? If anyone doesnt mind sharing they can share slots and have a 10 minute shower.

crankyassnoperope Fri 12-Jul-19 08:04:53

The sleeping arrangements are fine, but you shouldn't have to naked-shower in front of ANYONE, least of all your colleagues; sex irrelevant!

Ponoka7 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:15:32

" I need my privacy and dignity."

That's enshrined in law, in the UK, accept exceptional circumstances, such as a Mental Health Facility and then the sexes aren't mixed.

Unless there was a lock on the communal shower room, i wouldn't be staying.

Namechangeforthiscancershit Fri 12-Jul-19 08:18:14

There are halls of residence with communal showers? No cubicles or anything? I wouldn't be happy with that.

dottiedodah Fri 12-Jul-19 08:19:27

How do the students who use it all year round cope!

AnAC12UCOinanOCG Fri 12-Jul-19 08:24:05

Read the OP's posts - it's not actually halls of residence.

OP this setup is ridiculous and I can't believe your only concern is a man on your floor. Why the hell did you accept this?

MichaelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Jul-19 08:24:40

Morning all, and thanks for the reports. We've had a quick check behind the scenes and - as far as we can tell - we don't have concerns about this thread. (Apart from the shower situation, which sounds well dodge.)

whatsthecomingoverthehill Fri 12-Jul-19 08:24:49

This seems odd. It's a modern enough place that some rooms have ensuites, but all of the rest of the rooms have to share one completely open bathroom? I've never seen anything like that.

Letthemysterybe Fri 12-Jul-19 08:27:49

What kind of place even has showers like that? The only place I have ever seen those showers is at the swimming pool, where they are supposed to be used for a quick rinse, not a proper shower. I’ve never seen communal showers even in the most basic of hostels.

Brefugee Fri 12-Jul-19 08:32:01

haven't read the entire thread but that would be a massive NOPE from me. I wouldn't be that keen on sharing a communal shower with female colleagues, but I'm damn sure that I wouldn't be sharing with the men.

Talk to HR and refuse it.

TheRedBarrows Fri 12-Jul-19 08:34:47

Ok I clicked YABU before I realised the full situation.

At the very least it needs making clear that the couple-man must not enter the showers.

I would be talking to my manager.

What happens on the other floors? Explore the building, there may be alternative bathrooms elsewhere.

hadthesnip2 Fri 12-Jul-19 08:38:13

No different to showering after playing football/rugby etc.. Years ago professional football players all used to get into one big bath together.......

However, its 2019 & I suppose everyone should have their own cubicle. If it were me & I was unhappy with it then I'd had said something from day one. Probably would have left, got myself a B&B and then billed my employer. At the very least would have got everyone together & come up with a plan - not just stew on it.

I still think UABVU as you should have said wtf from the start & not put up with it.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Fri 12-Jul-19 08:44:33

The couple should be using only their en-suite bathroom. It’s not fair to take up the already stretched communal bathroom.

I don’t understand whether there’s a communal bathroom on each floor?

If I was there for a month I’d be a) complaining to my employer and b) investing in one of these or similar:

Leapair Dressing Tent Shower Privacy Portable Camping Beach Toilet Pop Up Tents Changing Room Outdoor Backpack Shelter Blue www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FXNRA42/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YMdkDbM1FTN39?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Twolittlespeckledfrogs Fri 12-Jul-19 08:45:29

Can you clarify about the showers? Are they fully communal like the picture someone posted above? Or is it more like a shower area with curtained off shower cubicles? The latter while not ideal seems ok if only sharing with other women. It seems obvious that the man should only use the en suite in his room.

DecomposingComposers Fri 12-Jul-19 08:46:47

What on earth is the point in them segregating the sexes for bedroom purposes (when you all have your own rooms) but then expect men and women to shower together in 1 communal shower. That just makes no sense.

And it seems immaterial whether there's a man on your floor or not if there's only 1 bathroom so everyone has to share regardless.

Have you complained to work about this?

Riv Fri 12-Jul-19 08:59:30

Re the toilets, do the doors and partitions reach from the floor to the ceiling with no gaps at all? If not, and it’s being used by all sexes at work it is breaking all kinds of regulations.

Aus84 Fri 12-Jul-19 09:04:50

That's awful OP. I wouldn't be comfortable showering in front of anyone other than my DH, man or woman.

@Twolittlespeckledfrogs
She has clarified. They are open like the picture.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 12-Jul-19 09:16:44

Blimey, do you have individual shower heads or do they just hose you all down together? Might as well. YANBU. My DD is doing NCS and I was a bit hmm about them being expected to share rooms and bathrooms with people they’ve never met before, because it’s not ok to treat children like that when you wouldn’t treat adults the same. Clearly I was wrong about that.

regmover Fri 12-Jul-19 09:32:52

Well, I wouldn't stay. Assuming you're in the UK ring ACAS.

Jaxhog Fri 12-Jul-19 09:34:17

So you could be naked alongside a male colleague in a communal shower? That is more than a bit grim. Can't they designate different hours for male and female showers?

In the past, I've been on work trips where we were asked to share a hotel room with a colleague who we didn't know. Always the same sex though.

Yabbers Fri 12-Jul-19 09:37:48

The showers do NOT have cubicles, it's a communal shower like at the gym.

I find this very hard to believe. It would be unacceptable for any employer to expect employees to use a communal shower like this, regardless of their sex.

SoundofSilence Fri 12-Jul-19 09:38:05

I wouldn't want to use a communal shower like that. The rest wouldn't bother me.

GlamGiraffe Fri 12-Jul-19 09:38:51

What crazy type of business do you work in @Chocito ? Id love to year what kind of sector thinks this is ok.
It can't be very lucrative or have intelligent management if they resort to this. You all should be complaining like mad and potentially boycotting work as it's unreasonable.

Union? ACAS maybe?

Worst case scenario is have an occupied sign for now. String a shower curtain across the entrance to prevent prying eyes and maybe shower in a cheapo bikini too.
Really though id walk out.

Your company clients must think your company are very strange and have a low opinion of the way they treat their staff. This cannot have gone unnoticed.

You say uni type accommodation, it realistically isn't so what is the main use if the building normally?

Questions questions. We need to know please OP.

soulrider Fri 12-Jul-19 09:51:25

We had communal showers in university halls of residence (Nottingham) in 1998. I doubt they still exist, especially as that hall is now mixed sex.

For me, if I had a choice between sharing a bedroom with someone with an en suite v a private bedroom with communal showering I'd choose the latter but wouldn't consider either option appropriate in a work situation

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 12-Jul-19 09:54:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

legalseagull Fri 12-Jul-19 10:32:31

Huh? How is this different to hotels? You have your own rooms. Bizarre that the sexes have even been split on to different floors

legalseagull Fri 12-Jul-19 10:35:35

Whoops just saw the shower layout. That's awful. No way

HappyLoneParentDay Fri 12-Jul-19 10:43:22

I can't believe people reported this thread just because they 'can't imagine' a scenario like this. Jeez some people really need to realise that just because a situation hasn't happened to you that does not mean it cannot happen!

TheOnlyLivingBoyInNewCross Fri 12-Jul-19 10:54:54

I think the OP's username together with the subject matter raised some suspicion, along with the discrepancy between the first post and subsequent ones about the layout of the showers - initially there were cubicles, then they disappeared.

Dollywilde Fri 12-Jul-19 11:05:12

In fairness @HappyLoneParentDay this is right up the street of some recent trolls. Factor in that some of the schools have broken up already... It definitely pinged my bullsh*t-ometer.

In the short term OP, I'd be buying a swimming costume or moving into other accommodation. Longer term, I would be putting in a formal complaint to my employer.

BarbedBloom Fri 12-Jul-19 11:07:02

If this is exactly as you say then YANBU. I would be leaving. I would not be showering in front of other women or men. I wouldn't use a gym or stay at a uni with this set up either. I can't believe any work place would be okay with this, has anyone complained to your employer yet?

If you do stay the only sensible solution is a shower rota so everyone has the chance to shower in private, but i would be making an official complaint

Rosielily Fri 12-Jul-19 12:07:23

I can't believe that nobody has spoken to the employer about this. I'd just go home and deal with it later.

Alsohuman Fri 12-Jul-19 12:13:21

I’m not getting this. Showers were in individual cubicles when I was a student 30 years ago.

Rumplesmoothskin Fri 12-Jul-19 12:24:45

I did have to ask DH if he'd be willing to use a communal shower with other men after the OP said the men have been showering together. He said yes, he's come to terms with his body. Personally, no way would I blush

OP, if this can't be resolved, I'd be telling the group that we need a rota. Half an hour each etc. Set up a WhatsApp group and let each other know if you'll be using it at any other time so they can stay the hell away.
I would also call your Union rep.

Rumplesmoothskin Fri 12-Jul-19 12:25:57

@Rosielily, I'd assume that the employer is aware, they put the clients in en suite rooms!

glueandstick Fri 12-Jul-19 12:30:11

Even my boarding school in the 90’s has separate showers!

trackingmedown Fri 12-Jul-19 12:38:42

I read the OP and thought you were being unreasonable. Now you have explained the shower situation I agree with you entirely. I would not stay there.

Fyette Fri 12-Jul-19 12:56:15

Mixed sex is completely irrelevant here - and makes this all seem goady. I wouldn't shower in front of female colleagues either.

managedmis Fri 12-Jul-19 13:15:22

Op?

Any thoughts?

leasedaudi Fri 12-Jul-19 13:32:51

OP is probably staking out the bathrooms, wrapped in a towel and trying to work up the bravery to make the dash under the shower

CherryPavlova Fri 12-Jul-19 13:56:18

Sorry, this is so funny and unless the poster is staying in some random centre in a small Russian town, it’s untrue.

Boarding school showers have doors.
University accommodation have doors.
Activity centre showers have doors.

Are they writing some sort of story that men get excited about, perhaps? That would figure with the username.

Rosielily Fri 12-Jul-19 14:18:01

@Rumplesmoothskin of course - I hadn't thought of that!! I'd just go home then. Seriously!! 😂

ChristmasFluff Fri 12-Jul-19 14:55:19

BigChocFrenzy Fri 12-Jul-19 15:05:39

Many gyms have communal showers without any cubicles
e.g. all the ones I have belonged to over the last 20 years

However, only once have I had communal showers on a work trip and that was in my first job back in the early 80s,
when workers had fewer rights.

I was attending an academic conference at iirc a single sex college
It was a mixed sex conference of course, so some of us agreed to stick an "occupied" sign on the outside door, to shower alone
It was only 2 nights and afaik the other folk just stayed dirty

It was very old-fashioned even then and would be totally unacceptable nowadays

BigChocFrenzy Fri 12-Jul-19 15:07:19

"mixed sex conference" may have made it sound more exciting than the science conf it actually was ! grin

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Fri 12-Jul-19 15:19:31

In your OP you said the showers had cubicles.

I'm still bewildered as to what your question actually is...

BlueSkiesLies Fri 12-Jul-19 15:56:45

Even single sex boarding school houses have cubicles.

This thread is clearly total bullshit, or at the very least a massive exaggeration.

There is no was that accommodation modern enough to have some ensuites, doesn’t even have shower curtains or cubicles.

Rachelover40 Fri 12-Jul-19 16:27:59

Chochito isn't a controversial name, is it? Seems an OK nickname to me, lots of people have odd names on here.

Re-reading the opening post, Chochito said there were ,"shower cubicles, toilet cubicles", but I think she just made a mistake and meant to only say,"toilet cubicles". Easily done.

I don't know why people are so suspicious, there's nothing in this thread that could be misconstrued or insight intrigue.

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Fri 12-Jul-19 16:31:35

Rachel
You do know what her nickname means?

Rachelover40 Fri 12-Jul-19 17:43:47

No! Wait while I google it.

Done: Gross. Never knew that. It's horrible, yeuch.

I wonder why she chose that for a nickname, perhaps she heard someone say it but didn't know the meaning.

ChazsBrilliantAttitude Fri 12-Jul-19 17:44:51

You can see why people were a bit hmm

ReanimatedSGB Fri 12-Jul-19 18:08:21

I have encountered group showers (and used them) in the last couple of years. As I said in a PP, I go to some small folk festivals which often involve camping in the grounds of sports clubs, where there are team showers. OP might be staying somewhere like this. So I don't think the story's implausible.

Unless OP works in the type of industry where freakish 'initiative tests' occur, the most likely explanation is that whoever booked the accommodation just saw a cheap deal and nabbed it, without thinking to question the bathroom arrangements. TBH I was initially more sceptical that a fuss was being made over men and women having separate rooms but on the same floor of a building - hotels do not generally segregate floors by sex (or gender) because most functional adults are all right with the idea that someone Not Like Them might be staying in the next enclosed, private room.

But, again, a lot of people wouldn't like to have to shower with colleagues or be seen naked by colleagues. Most women, unfortunately, have taken on board the bullshit that their bodies are 'inadequate' and something to be ashamed of whatever their bodies actually look like, and certainly anyone who has eg had a mastectomy and previously had seen no need to share that information with colleagues, would dislike this idea. Even if all you have is a sexy tattoo somewhere normally covered by your work clothes, you might not appreciate such a lack of privacy.

CharityDingle Fri 12-Jul-19 20:28:01

Unless OP works in the type of industry where freakish 'initiative tests' occur, the most likely explanation is that whoever booked the accommodation just saw a cheap deal and nabbed it, without thinking to question the bathroom arrangements.

OP is a teacher, I think.

Bignicetree Fri 12-Jul-19 21:12:29

Op where are you?

TokyoSushi Fri 12-Jul-19 21:32:58

The rest is OK, not ideal, but manageable but the showers 😮😮😮 Where on Earth are you??

StoneofDestiny Fri 12-Jul-19 21:33:55

Sounds like a normal student accommodation to me

TokyoSushi Fri 12-Jul-19 21:34:51

That's a weird username!! (just googled)

StoneofDestiny Fri 12-Jul-19 21:36:43

Oh - just saw the shower bit.
Wow

anothernotherone Fri 12-Jul-19 21:43:53

The shower set up is completely and utterly unacceptable and must break equality laws. Contact HR and complain very specifically about the open plan unisex showers. Sex is a protected characteristic. You are being made to feel unsafe and unable to shower during a month long client facing placement. That's intolerable. Be very clear with he about that, and focus on the showers which are the most clear cut problem.

Phone HR first thing tomorrow.

anothernotherone Fri 12-Jul-19 21:44:43

HR not he

gigi556 Fri 12-Jul-19 21:46:24

Interesting... I'm American and grew up with open communal showers being really common. Had them at the gym, summer camp, etc. I actually went to boarding school and cannot recall the shower situation.... Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable with communal single sex showers but not mixed sex and tbh, I wouldn't want to shower with work colleagues regardless of sex!

In short, YANBU!!!!

RubbingHimSourly Fri 12-Jul-19 21:49:57

I'd just wear a swimming costume or bikini in the shower. Or ideally agree male and female shower times......the men probably aren't too stoked with the idea either.

anothernotherone Fri 12-Jul-19 21:53:09

RubbingHimSourly you'd wear a swimming costume in the shower for a month ? You can't wash properly wearing a costume envy [not envy]

Absolutely the men probably aren't thrilled either, it's a very, very stupid, unprofessional, humiliating set up for all the employees without ensuite rooms.

Squeezedout Fri 12-Jul-19 21:57:55

That is so weird. Im confused by the OP as i sounded like the couple was the issue, now it’s open plan showers for all...

Anyway, I would not have a naked shower in front of female colleagues either! No way!

Think you need to do a DIY sign for the shower before you enter it saying ‘in use’ so people get private time. I have never at any gym/swimming pool showered naked in a communal space - do people really do that?

ReanimatedSGB Fri 12-Jul-19 22:45:25

I appreciate that it could well be very distressing for the men, too. Some of them, at least, would be terrified of getting a hard on (and it is possible for a man to get an unwanted erection: if it happens when he's fully clothed he can generally conceal it till it goes away) and being unfairly labelled a creepy sex pervert for the rest of their careers. Others would be worried about the size of their dicks in comparison to those of their colleagues. Like I said before, it wouldn't particularly bother me, but I still think it's unfair and unreasonable, because the majority of people would be bothered by it; we really don't go in for much communal nudity in the UK, and the fact that OP and her colleagues have just been landed in this situation with no warning is unacceptable.

Riv Sat 13-Jul-19 09:24:10

It’s grim I agree.
However, if you exclude all of the people with en-suite showers, who should be using the showers in their en-suite, and the men who have a separate floor, that leaves just two women.
With a small door wedge, used to keep the door shut rather than open, and a chat with the other woman, it can be at least ameliorated.

Aridane Sat 13-Jul-19 18:03:27

Chochito Mon 15-Jul-19 15:44:22

Thanks Aridane, chocho / chochito means cunt but also means girl, and is a popular nickname I use with my friends... Not a troll.

Some more female clients have arrived and they have run out of en suite rooms for them so we have a shower schedule now. Which would be great except no one sticks to it, dashes in when they feel like it and then says to the next person who arrives as per the schedule that they thought it would be OK... hmm hmm

I am still showering early in the morning before the others wake up (not anyone's designated time).

Anyonebut Mon 15-Jul-19 19:28:48

Horses for courses, but chochito is not a name I would ever, ever use for anyone.
Is the "endearing" term of choice used by perverts who are leeching on underage/young looking girls....

LakieLady Mon 15-Jul-19 19:44:51

Is it possible that the employer is unaware that the showers are shared and offer no privacy?

I cannot believe any company would knowingly book accommodation like that for staff.

Rachelover40 Mon 15-Jul-19 22:59:34

*Anyonebut Mon 15-Jul-19 19:28:48
Horses for courses, but chochito is not a name I would ever, ever use for anyone.
Is the "endearing" term of choice used by perverts who are leeching on underage/young looking girls....*

Yeah! It's bizarre; imagine, in English, people calling someone "Little minge". Creepy.

Ifeelbloodyawful Tue 16-Jul-19 14:37:56

Why haven't you complained????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »