Talk

Advanced search

To think there is a grave in my garden?

(410 Posts)
IsItATomb Tue 09-Jul-19 19:21:50

NC for this as the pics are outing.

Moved in to my house in April and it has what I thought is a really ugly raised bed in the garden. Now the summer has arrived I've realised it gets no sunshine on it at all so isn't a raised bed after all.

DD and I were pottering our there this afternoon and we came across this plaque on the raised bed.

WTF.

Is it a coincidence or is it a grave?!

OP’s posts: |
jimmyhill Fri 12-Jul-19 17:40:45

Playing devils advocate - that’s only the same as AIBU being entertainment rather than a place where people come to support each other and get advice. Because that’s what it’s becoming more and more.

Quite right, hence the synergy between the two.

TildaKauskumholm Fri 12-Jul-19 16:45:57

Hey, Daily Mail, can you give me a job as a 'journalist'? My qualifications are that I can use the most popular websites and can read. Moreover, unlike your usual shower of scum I am in possession of good spelling and grammar so would be able to raise the tone.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Fri 12-Jul-19 16:28:41

Nothing was mentioned at all during the buying process.
Perhaps the previous owners don't know anything about it. That's in their defence, mind

OinkFlapOinkFlap Fri 12-Jul-19 16:26:38

Ian Tommy Robinson a DM journalist?

TheSandman Fri 12-Jul-19 16:23:37

The Daily Mail journalists (and I use that term in its loosest possible terms) are at the pinnacle of their profession aren’t they hmm?

To be fair (More Devil's advocation) I think that inverted honour belongs to Tommy Yaxly-Splatwanker Robinson.

Upanddownandroundagain Fri 12-Jul-19 14:06:46

Mail Online is not a newspaper. It is an entertainment website which uses the branding of the Daily Mail.

Playing devils advocate - that’s only the same as AIBU being entertainment rather than a place where people come to support each other and get advice. Because that’s what it’s becoming more and more.

jimmyhill Fri 12-Jul-19 13:29:35

Mail Online is not a newspaper. It is an entertainment website which uses the branding of the Daily Mail.

Judashascomeintosomemoney Fri 12-Jul-19 13:14:51

The Daily Mail journalists (and I use that term in its loosest possible terms) are at the pinnacle of their profession aren’t they hmm?
Let’s award them the Woodward and Bernstein Prize for Investigative Journalism.

Fromage Fri 12-Jul-19 12:06:41

FUCKING PUS FILLED CRAP BARREL DAILY MAIL AND ITS READERS

GO SUCK A BAG OF DICKS YOU MUTANT PARASITES SQUELCHING ABOUT IN A SEA OF MAGGOT JUICE

That said, how utterly vile of them not to respect that it might be a baby's grave. sad That's so upsetting for everyone.

I completely understand why you won't be posting any more. I hope whatever comes of this, it brings peace to those involved.

I would ask for this thread or even just your posts to be removed.

Puzzledandpissedoff Fri 12-Jul-19 11:43:53

does anyone know if mn states anywhere warning users that their posts, either starting topics or responses may be lifted and used by journalist or other similar websites?

The explanations of what's public and what's not are all there at the bottom of every page under "Terms" and "Privacy". Essentially it's really not HQ's fault if folk convince themselves the forum's some kind of private chat, when in fact it's anything but

jimmyhill Fri 12-Jul-19 11:11:41

Mumsnet is exactly as public as the Daily Mail

Let this be (yet another) lesson

OhLookHeKickedTheBall Fri 12-Jul-19 11:10:40

When we had our garage rebuilt a crushed up car chassis was discovered under it. And a wheel and other bits. Had the builders scratching their heads a bit, even though they said they'd seen plenty of random stuff buried before.

MoverOfPaper Fri 12-Jul-19 11:00:13

I found a key in my back garden.

It seems to fit in the door of the DCs dollshouse. The one we found in the loft when we moved in. It’s so cute, looks just like our house.

Must go and feed the dog.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Fri 12-Jul-19 10:51:00

Can’t we start a new thread of lies totally plausible stories of what we have found in our back gardens as a decoy thread?

I found a whole wooly mammoth skeleton (I wish) in my back garden.

IsItATomb Fri 12-Jul-19 09:02:22

Sorry guys I won't be posting anymore updates.

Other news papers have taken it too now and I think it's unfair on the lady who lived here before.
Grave or not that area was something to remember her baby by. To be honest if I knew that in the first place then I wouldn't have posted it, I thought if it was a grave it would be an adults because of the size of it!

OP’s posts: |
MissRabbitNeedsAHoliday Fri 12-Jul-19 08:46:57

Any news yet OP??

I would be very surprised if OP gives an update now, I wouldn't be feeding the daily mail with any more stories if it were me.

JellyFromTheBlock Fri 12-Jul-19 08:44:42

Any news yet OP??

RunDeBumBum Fri 12-Jul-19 08:03:32

I know that if you post on a public forum you run the risk of it being picked up by the 'news'papers but it's so lazy of them.

Keep name changing people and lazy journalists should fuck off to the far side of fuck you lazy buggers.

It's pathetic that you get paid to lift your stories from Internet forums you should be ashamed by your laziness. Get out there and research your own stories and take your own pictures hmm

feathermucker Fri 12-Jul-19 07:54:10

Fuck off with your lazy 'journalism' Daily Mail.

progestermoan Fri 12-Jul-19 07:29:16

I might just start lifting daily mail articles and turn them into threads tbh

.....AIBU to think that anything and everything I eat or look at might give me cancer

......AIBU to think that the immigrants living next door made me have a migraine and some nightmares

.......AIBU to not be able to choose which I fancy more Boris or Nigel

Or whatever other nonsense they wrote about

Throughthenever Fri 12-Jul-19 03:21:09

It is lazy journalism.

I personally didn't read the t and cs when signing up but does anyone know if mn states anywhere warning users that their posts, either starting topics or responses may be lifted and used by journalist or other similar websites.?

ArchieStar Fri 12-Jul-19 00:54:56

Daily Fail you suck!!!!

snitzelvoncrumb Fri 12-Jul-19 00:35:17

liverbird10 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:54:09

Pet Sematary.
biscuit x eleventy billion.

motherofcats81 Thu 11-Jul-19 23:42:20

MN can't do anything. I hate it too but it's the risk you take when you publish anything online, on any social media site. This is a public forum and it is in the public domain. Same reason you can get done for libel for things you write on Twitter.

Legally, publishing it here is the same as publishing it in the Daily Mail, hence why they can lift it with attribution.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in