Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think that GROWN MEN should not be going to TRANSFORMERS on their own?????

(44 Posts)
drosophila Sat 28-Jul-07 16:58:43

Took DS yesterday and was surprised to see grown men sitting on their own watching the movie. One man had dragged his 5 yr old dd. Don't think she was too impressed.

DP kept saying how he had wanted to go and is actually going back on Sun with DS so that he can watch it.

What is it with men???

It was quite enjoyable as it goes.

WideWebWitch Sat 28-Jul-07 16:59:29

Was it good? Dh nearly saw it on his own but I pointed out it was a saddo thing to do

Pabamella Sat 28-Jul-07 17:00:43

my DH saw spiderman 2 5 times, 3 by himself. No one else would go more than once! lol

I thought it was cute!

muppetgirl Sat 28-Jul-07 17:00:56

dh has offered to go with anyones dh/p as he'd like to see it!

Pabamella Sat 28-Jul-07 17:01:11

that was spider man2 - 5 times,
not 25, lol

themoon66 Sat 28-Jul-07 17:02:32

DH was mumbling about what a fab film it would be. DS refuses to go with his uncool dad though.

drosophila Sat 28-Jul-07 17:03:04

The first hour or so was pretty good and quite funny but then the relentless fighting between the machines lasted about 30 mins and I found it hard to make out the different machines and who were the goodies and baddies.

A tad too long I thought as well.

Saw the Simpsons as well and that ws really good and I am not a big fan.

floopowder Tue 07-Aug-07 00:02:54

yes

Tortington Tue 07-Aug-07 00:07:21

i thought it was fucking fabulous - oustandingly so. i loved it so yes YABVU

Rachmumoftwo Tue 07-Aug-07 00:19:02

Must have been fans from first time round and not had any kids to take!

Califrau Tue 07-Aug-07 00:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hunkermunker Tue 07-Aug-07 00:24:50

I really want to see this

mm22bys Tue 07-Aug-07 10:21:59

No worse than GROWN ADULTS reading HP!

MrsBadger Tue 07-Aug-07 10:25:16

It's only because they couldn't convince their wives to go with them

I went with DH and it was fun
Have turned down Die Hard 4 though

gringottsgoblin Tue 07-Aug-07 10:27:58

whats it like for kids? have heard from usually ultra relaxed parent that its not really suitable. mine are 8 and 7 and would love to go but am a bit worried now, they were ok with spiderman 3, is it any worse?

gringottsgoblin Tue 07-Aug-07 10:28:51

oh and yes, they are to be sniggered at. my little bro wants to take my kids thinking this means he wont look a prat

drosophila Tue 07-Aug-07 10:31:49

I htought it was ok for 7 yr old. Better than Power Rangers which I have banned.

DP took DS again on Sat to see it.

Pesha Tue 07-Aug-07 10:47:23

Dp wants to take our 4yo ds, I'm not sure he wouldnt just get bored though! Dp is desperate to see it, he has all the old cartoon movies on dvd!

An ex of mine went to see Basic Instinct on his own - now that IS sad!! Or creepy

Mercy Tue 07-Aug-07 10:49:28

My dad took my brother to watch 'Star Wars' 3 times (would have been about 30 years ago!)

EscapeFrom Tue 07-Aug-07 10:50:39

My dad went to see it.

Says it all, really!

stleger Tue 07-Aug-07 11:03:36

My nephew loved transformers when they were around about 20 years ago. He is now 26. Not having access to any kids to take he has happily gone alone!

binklehasflipped Tue 07-Aug-07 11:08:21

why shouldnt they go see it? And alone if they cant induce any kids to accompany them? Everyone should have a bit of nostalgia every now and again...speaking of which..

we stumbled on a mermaid film called "Aquamarine" on sky movies - my dd (5) has watched it 7 times so far this holiday and I have watched it 4 with her!!! The lurve interest is rather cute and its taking me back to my younger days of endless crushes!!

Its a pretty crap film but its got it all:

Fit bloke everyone fancies who really, really nice to boot
Bitchy girl (plus friends) who are after fit bloke
Nice pretty girl with complications (in this case mermaid) with nice friends who gets together with fit nice bloke through adversity
Parents relocating and threatening happiness of all concerned...

CLASSIC will probably watch it later!

Lorayn Tue 07-Aug-07 11:16:05

I went to see harry potter and dragged my 6 yo along, after convincing her for the two weeks before that she really wanted to see it, then spent the movie explaining the bits they missed out from the books, lol.

hermykne Tue 07-Aug-07 11:19:54

my dh went last wed by himself!

theman Tue 07-Aug-07 11:41:33

i would have thought if they could handle spiderman then they'd be ok with transformers.
in spiderman it's a lot of hand to hand violence where as this is more big explosions and robots fighting so it is hardly blood and guts stuff.
i dragged my other half to it and she loved it, same with die hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now