Talk

Advanced search

OK I know I am but really if PIL

(10 Posts)
RosaLuxembourg Fri 27-Jul-07 11:47:00

are going to only spend £2.99 on DD3's birthday present it would be more tactful, don't you think, to have taken the price tag off before wrapping it.

And before anyone says anything, they are rather well off, and not ungenerous in other ways, they just don't seem to believe in spending much on children.

peanutbear Fri 27-Jul-07 11:48:01

I think they should take the price ag off however muh it costs

Baffy Fri 27-Jul-07 11:48:49

Is it something she'll like though?!

My mum bought my ds a plasic tea set for 99p at christmas... he loves it and plays with it every day!

OrmIrian Fri 27-Jul-07 11:49:57

Sounds like my parents TBH. Even down to the price label. They even get presents from charity shops sometimes. But they are usually good presents and things the kids want. And they also give each child a £50 cheque each birthday too. Which is a price label in itself.

Was the present appreciated?

DobbyMOO Fri 27-Jul-07 11:53:29

My friend's parents have several million stashed away yet once for her little girl's 2nd birthday, bought a broken china ornament from a charity shop

pistachio Fri 27-Jul-07 11:53:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Charlottesweb Fri 27-Jul-07 11:55:37

My nephew once got a colouring in book from his gran... it had belonged to his uncle when he was young & the pages were all coloured in & the uncles name & age was on the front page

cornsilk Fri 27-Jul-07 11:57:51

An old colouring book!! You could send her some used tea bags.

RosaLuxembourg Fri 27-Jul-07 14:36:46

The colouring books story has cheered me up. Don't know why I was so miffed really but we go to a lot of trouble for their birthdays and she couldn't even be bothered to take the bloody tag off for DD.

thebigSea Fri 27-Jul-07 14:37:15

I once received an old natrel gift set for christmas from granny in law (?), that dp had given to her as a child as her christmas present.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: